Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

the new Novac quest

Hi - happy new year!

I got the 2. or better 3. Quest from Novac. Just met a boar in Naralik - what ended with the boar's death. But I got no message that I killew the right boar. Do I have to kill the brownie first? - or do now boars live in Naralik?

So not a great thing - just a question

Hi - happy new year!

I got the 2. or better 3. Quest from Novac. Just met a boar in Naralik - what ended with the boar's death. But I got no message that I killew the right boar. Do I have to kill the brownie first? - or do now boars live in Naralik?

So not a great thing - just a question

Hi,

just to assure you did all steps needed before that right:

1. You completed the 1st 5 critter batch before this?

2. You started the 2nd 5 critter batch and got this in your questlog?

"The second batch is a brownie, a woodsprite, a boar, a brown snake and a rat.

As before, they travel a lot, sometimes across continents. Get back to me once you got them all.!

I had a similar problem with the tutorial quest. I had to harvest White Asiatic lily, but I had harvested several hundred lilies without receiving credit before I logged off in disgust. However, about a week later when I logged back on, the problem had fixed itself, whether this was due to the developers attention or not is beyond me. Perhaps if you run out of options you can wait it out.

I have had similiar problems with new Novac quest. I have killed a wood sprite in TD and a rabbit on a map no rabbit is normally on. Neither case it registered as a quest objective or popup message. However when I talk to Novac and ask about Secondary Objectives I have been told all have been met but I do not have any messages from Novac in log about that quest. I went over details with Raistlin and he suggested I post bug report in forum. While circumstances are not identical they seem related.

hi and a 2. one: killed a Brownie in the tavern secret Place on IP - and again no message

This one for sure can be a normal monster and not a Novac one.

hmmm, i was so often in that cave, and beside ants i saw nothing other then small spiders...

so i guess any other creature has to belong to something special :fire:

oh, umm, just saw a brown rabbit in there , hmm, can it be that 'normal' creatures from outside sometimes respawn in a cave by accident ? :confused:

Edited by wuffzel

hmmm, i was so often in that cave, and beside ants i saw nothing other then small spiders...

so i guess any other creature has to belong to something special :fire:

oh, umm, just saw a brown rabbit in there , hmm, can it be that 'normal' creatures from outside sometimes respawn in a cave by accident ? :confused:

There is a telepad way into the cave rather than going through the tavern

I had a similar problem with the tutorial quest. I had to harvest White Asiatic lily, but I had harvested several hundred lilies without receiving credit before I logged off in disgust. However, about a week later when I logged back on, the problem had fixed itself, whether this was due to the developers attention or not is beyond me. Perhaps if you run out of options you can wait it out.

This is an unrelated issue. If Xaquelina's flowers dont trigger a message, move over a few steps and harvest again.