Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

El 1.9.1 for Windows and Linux released

I got similar problem now

my sound doesn't work

alcOpenDevice(): Error initializing sound: ALC_NO_ERROR

if I use enable music it starts working but I cannot control it with alsa mixer any ideas?

using Ubuntu 10,04

uname -a

military@military-PC-linux:~$ uname -a
Linux military-PC-linux 2.6.32-25-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:48:22 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Sound issues in linux have been discussed at some length in the Linux Help section. Here is one recent example where Usl suggests prefacing the command to invoke the el client with 'aoss'

A note about the Ubuntu Linux packages version of EL: A couple of days before the release I made updates of the packages available. To install these updates, all that is/was required was to run your package manager (or update manage) and check for updates. The updated packages install the data and client automatically. It should (and does) work very smoothing without any issues.

However, it appears a few people did not automatically get offered the update (because of default Ubuntu update settings) and when unable to connect to the EL server with the old client, installed the universal client and data archive instead. All that was really needed was for them to click the "check for updates" button on their update manager and the new packages would have been listed and available to install. A few people appear to now have broken installs or at least had a bit of trouble getting things working again. Also, with the very latest version of Ubuntu, you have to install extra software to get sound working with the universal version of the client.

I'd recommend Ubuntu users use the Ubuntu packages I provide rather than the universal binary (I built both by the way). The install instructions can be found linked from the EL download page or directly here. Please feel free to contact in game or in the forums if you have any problems.

Edited by bluap

i did instal El 1.9.1 but i got alot resync when i go votd sto or invasion and i didnt had it before

and this screen for yday

resy.jpg