Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

Short bow vs Elven Bow

Ok well the question arouse between me and korrode.

It was under my assumption that the bow didn't determine the damage dealt but rather, the armor, ap, level, (WH) determined the damage dealt by a bow.

So we are in a bind and are kind of curious and i was wondering what the rest of you have noticed.

Korrode and i plan to do some testing but from what I've seen, it could be my eye's playing tricks the bow's do the same amount of damage. One shoots faster of course though and has lower accuracy. Which I knew was determined based upon the bow of your choice.

This is just basically a discussion on how damage is determined. Which bow would be better opted etc.

Korrode also asked a question maybe some one could answer, perhaps accuracy of the bow determines some sort of damage modifier of some kind.

anyway it's just a question / discussion. So I'd love to here opinions etc.

I have no idea what your question is (maybe next time you should pose one ... :P ),

but here the base range damage per hit for the bows:

short: 3-8

long: 6-11

recurve: 8-13

elven: 12-17

cross: 10-15

hope it helped

I have no idea what your question is (maybe next time you should pose one ... :P ),

hope it helped

Erm, I think that's the damage you deal when you hit someone over the head with the bow, not when you shoot an arrow out of it! :P

hope it helped

Erm, I think that's the damage you deal when you hit someone over the head with the bow, not when you shoot an arrow out of it! :P

No EP, I think all the bows have 5-8 melee damage.

But to the first question it'd take you less than a minute to notice that elven bow makes much more damage than shortbow(and why would longbow cost more and be less accurate than short if it didn't do more dmg?)

Alberich posted pretty much the correct damages per bow.

AP doesnt really affect max dmg, only how often you bypass target's armor, but level and WH perk increase damage(perception doesn NOT increase dmg afaik).

EDIT: Typo

Edited by FeLkkU

I can write under Felkku's post and data provided by Alberich (keep in mind he is one of the best rangers in EL) is correct. Each bow/crossbow has its own accuracy, speed and damage. Damage however depends also on:

- WH perk

- Ranging lvl

- Arrows/bolts

AP gives you chance to bypass armor, similiar to BP perk for mele (correct me if I am wrong).

And now my personal opinion about which is the best.

- For instances, dragon farming, invasion etc I use Elven bow. Quick, best accuracy and damage.

- For PK I use short bow. Very quick!

- For arena traning I use crossbow. Shooting takes ages but you can take tons of bolts with you.

Hooha! Rangers all the way! :bow_arrow:

Edited by Devnul