Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

award for the potion tutorial

Hi! with this new 100 foodlevel it would be nice to have a potion that gives you 100 food. Whats about the idea to allow all those who finished the pot tutorial to mix a "potion of great hunger"? Ings could be 1 vial and 2 of veggies fruit wine and meat.

Hi! with this new 100 foodlevel it would be nice to have a potion that gives you 100 food. Whats about the idea to allow all those who finished the pot tutorial to mix a "potion of great hunger"? Ings could be 1 vial and 2 of veggies fruit wine and meat.

Nice :)

Good idea, just double all ings you need for PoF and make a Potion of Extra Feasting. Another possibility would be, to be able to mix those as rare items (like making an EMP when mixing mana potions/SRs)

:icon13:

Well, even some people w/o big belly perk could use it I think. When I mix EMPs, I regularly have like -40 to -50 food, so I could mix myself this potion for this occasion too :)

Hmm what about the cooldown of this "extra" potion ?

If there would be no recipe for it (meaning it could be done only with luck) - it would be useless with the amounts you need for mixing.

If you could MIX this potion, then i think the cooldown should be adjusted (made longer).

PS: yes i don't use FPs and yes i took IEDP and eat bones ;)

I'm a little worried about what these potions of extra feasting would cost, but I still think it's a good idea. I think it would be good to have a recipe for them and make them by luck when making regular feasting potions. And I figure the cooldown time should be about double the cooldown of a regular feasting potion.

I'm a little worried about what these potions of extra feasting would cost, but I still think it's a good idea. I think it would be good to have a recipe for them and make them by luck when making regular feasting potions. And I figure the cooldown time should be about double the cooldown of a regular feasting potion.

if you make double cost, double recipe , and double cooldown, there is no reason why use them , 150% cooldown maybe,but trust me, no 200%

I agree with Koddy, may as will use normal PoF.

The idea is excellent, especially if you need a good amount of pot levels for the min level to make them.

A new food to go along with the new Big Belly is something I'd been thinking was needed.

A potion of "extra feasting" which is about double the ings of a regular feasting sounds reasonable.

Because FPs in large amounts tend to be bought from NPC rather than mixed, two things would definitely have to be necessary in order for these new pots to be used at all.

1) As said, cooldown should be no worse than double a regular feasting, though a bit less would make them more attractive.

2) Ing cost should not make them more than 24gc (cost of 2 FPs at NPC). Any higher and people will just keep using FPs and potters would have no reason to mix them. (Stating that as a lvl 105 potter who NPC-buys FPs.)

Too high an ing cost price or too much cooldown will render them unused because either would make normal FPs more attractive.

Relatively high rec potion level of course, a bonus for true potioners. But then, knowledge to make them as a reward for clearing the pot tutorial would likely mean the person has that anyway.

I think if the extra feasting potion gives you 100 food and retains 10 seconds cooldown, then for mixing anything that requires up to 10 food, will render IEDP useless.

That's the only concern i have.

I think if the extra feasting potion gives you 100 food and retains 10 seconds cooldown, then for mixing anything that requires up to 10 food, will render IEDP useless.

That's the only concern i have.

I don't think so, there will always be different means a player eats something. I am a toad addict, still this new potion would be a benefit for all. IEDP is dead for me a long time, I can't buy/"harv" enough bones to satisfy my needs.

I don't think so, there will always be different means a player eats something. I am a toad addict, still this new potion would be a benefit for all. IEDP is dead for me a long time, I can't buy/"harv" enough bones to satisfy my needs.

Hmm you can't compare toadstools with bones, as there is no perk needed to eat them and it's usage is limited by poison. Also toadstools weigh more then bones.

Exactly as you said, "there will always be different means a player eats something" ...

I don't eat toadstools, because i don't like the poison and i don't like the weight of toadstools.

This was the only reason why i took IEDP - to be able to mix fast - so i willingly took it and sacrificed 3 PPs.

I don't say that the cooldown of this new potion should be much higher - i'd say somewhere between 1.5 - 2.0 times of FP cooldown.

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against this idea in general :)

Hmm you can't compare toadstools with bones, as there is no perk needed to eat them and it's usage is limited by poison. Also toadstools weigh more then bones.

Exactly as you said, "there will always be different means a player eats something" ...

I don't eat toadstools, because i don't like the poison and i don't like the weight of toadstools.

This was the only reason why i took IEDP - to be able to mix fast - so i willingly took it and sacrificed 3 PPs.

I don't say that the cooldown of this new potion should be much higher - i'd say somewhere between 1.5 - 2.0 times of FP cooldown.

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against this idea in general :)

Well, I ate 1M+ toads in my EL-life, no way to get so many bones that easy. Extra Emu and poison are ok, since they don't need a perk, so it HAS to be worse compared to bone eating benefits ofc.

But let's get back to topic now :) We both generally support this idea. :icon13:

Edited by Raistlin

So this is an excellent idea :D

I like every new potion - but this would be great! Could even be made by luck when mixing fp, so they will get mixed again and not bought from NPC :whistle:

But as a wish - make the rec level REAL high!!!!

:evilgrin::lipssealed:

Make it buyable from the NPC for 25gc each same weight as the FPs and we will have a new GC sink :P

(Yeah not done the pot tutorial (can't atm :( ) but would love to be able to use this pot too)

Edited by Entris

Not getting the whole IEDP argument...

IEDP until you can get a Big Belly, remove it and get your 3 pp's back(!) or keep it for an alternate food source.

IEDP is not going to die because of this. The suggestions here are only barely making these pots slightly better than FPs.

The suggestions here are only barely making these pots slightly better than FPs.

I don't agree.

This potion would be better then IEDP for all mixable items that require up to 10 food to mix.

To mix one item, you need 1 second --> 100 food = 10 mixes = 10 seconds = cooldown of 1 of this potion

To get 100 food, you need to eat 10 bones = 10 clicks vs 1 click to eat this potion.

And i don't want to get rid of IEDP, because it's still great for mixing high level stuff (which needs loads of food per mix).

It just does not seem fair to me, to make this potion better then a perk which costs 3 PPs and needs you to collect bones to be usable.

So... keep the perk. People using these would mean more bones on market, meaning a likelyhood of getting bones cheaper as well.

Win/Win

As well, bones still faster for mixing for 11+ items... bars, moon meds, rings, indicators, summon stones, dyes (green and up), antidotes, TS pots, invisi pots...

Most all of which are heavily mixed for leveling or general usage (except the dyes)

And btw, speaking as an IEDP perkholder here as well.

I would never get rid of the IEDP perk. The likely hood of me ever getting the big belly perk is low. But I think if I had it, I would like to use the potion for lower food cost items, and for high costs; bones all the way :D

Oh yeah, and add to it... high-level potion as said before. Meaning much less people able to make it. And of those, some not heavily potioning these days (like myself).

Which would still leave a demand for bones, assuming this could be kept off of NPCs.

The reason for cooldown (pre toad/IEDP) was to limit the saturation of such items as health essence and spirit restore potions to the point that everyone HAD to sell at a loss. Do you really want 2x's a feasting potion with less cooldown than 20 seconds ?

The market floods with cheap materials. Thus making a/d and magic training cheaper by a long shot. My question is, why mix at all ?

My personal opinion is that Big Belly buyers @600kgc without understanding game dynamics are idiots.

Caveat Emptor.

Consider yourself bagjumped by 'Teh God' (bot ban him).

Oh, and as to implementing the so called super food item as jumped up 'I am better than thou', I say only players named Jim can make.

Finis (have a nice day).

Edited by jim55

Was that English? Not sure what you're going on about... but HE/EnE/SRs are all seeing prices go up due to less availability NOW.

And IEDP exists. And the heavier mixers have it. Even I broke down and got it to mix faster.

These potions would not compete with that, in terms of speed. They'd be an alternate bonus food option for Big Bellys, but still not comparable to the speed of IEDP which is already in the game and heavily used.

(The fact that you resorted to name-calling alone says you have nothing to say. And on a moderator level, don't do it again.)

Edited by Burn

(The fact that you resorted to name-calling alone says you have nothing to say. And on a moderator level, don't do it again.)

was that English ?

Edited by jim55

I have EIDP and i combine both bones and FPs when i mix and i have big belly too, i can't see the problem with this "greater feasting pot" and EIDP?

I would still combine both bones and either of the 2 pots if we get the greater one and i would combine bones pots and toads when i get higher HPs, the bigger belly the more food you can eat wich means in my case that when i mix i would combine pot/s+bones+toads no matter what it is i am mixing.