Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 1.9.1 RC1 released

For the Windows people, this is the easy installer that everyone can use, so please download it and install the patch.

Here are the instructions:

1. Download the file at http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_191_RC1_update.exe

2. CLOSE THE GAME (all the instances if you run it multiple times)

3. Run the el_191_RC1_update.exe

4. Select the folder where you installed EL and install it.

5. Start the game again.

6. If it doesn't work, reread the instructions carefully, and make sure the data path points to the place where you installed it.

Linux/OSX data is here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_update_191_rc1.zip

Get the latest CVS and use the same compile options as in the other thread:

FEATURES += MORE_ATTACHED_ACTORS

# Enable more activities on horses

FEATURES += NECK_ITEMS

# Enables medallions/scarves

FEATURES += LARGE_TEXTURES

# Changes player character texture size block to 512x512.

FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS

Thought i'd mention that anyone running a modified anim_bow1.xml in their <EL user data area>\updates\1_9_0\actor_defs\ directory should remove it (or place the new one and modify it appropriately) because animation timings for ranging while on a horse are added to the anim_bow1.xml in the new 1.9.1 testing data.

Edited by Korrode

Raato

As i understand it, as the new client has new texture sizes, it will not work with the old custom clothes at all.

So there would be a need to redo all custom clothes to the new size and possibly set up a new custom cloth server for them (to avoid conflicts with wrong sizes) to ensure a conflictfree working of custom clothes while this client is still optional and not the only one supported

I've produced Linux executables for 32 bit and 64 bit. They are built to work on many Linux distributions, if the 1.9.0 release executables worked for you then so should these as I've built them in the same way. Once downloaded, make sure you change the file permissions to be executable. The full download page for these files is here.

Raato

As i understand it, as the new client has new texture sizes, it will not work with the old custom clothes at all.

So there would be a need to redo all custom clothes to the new size and possibly set up a new custom cloth server for them (to avoid conflicts with wrong sizes) to ensure a conflictfree working of custom clothes while this client is still optional and not the only one supported

correct. however, when (official) version 191 comes out, then the custom clothing will be adapted. the client has nothing to do with it. custom clothing is unofficial. it is up to the host and the designer(s) to adapt. so for now, please bear with original bitmaps.

Hi..I've downloaded and installed it as you said I should,but when I start EL it still says Eternal Lands 1.9.0 Beta..Is this right?

Yes, the version string wasn't changed.

Raato

for the time being i setup a mirror of sir_odie's custom clothing and provide also rescaled versions of this.

check http://clothes.el-fd.org/.

Hey, I don't know if it's a bug with the patch, but when I went to use the Item List today, it wasn't working properly. When I went to click on the item(s) I wanted to go from my storage to my bag, it wouldn't "find" the items in my storage, it would just act like I didn't do anything. This was working just perfectly last night, so I don't know if it's a server issue or what.

Anyway, after multiple attempts to get it to work the window closed and gave me a message : "Magical Interference caused the list preview to close 0.0"

(EDIT)

Just trying to fiddle with it, lol... wanted to report this:

It will take it out if I manually goto the category of the item I wish to take out. As I said, last night when I clicked on the actual item, as long as the storage was open, it would actually goto the category by itself and grab the item(s) I wanted.

Kinda cool feature, and if it can be fixed, thank you for adding this.

Edited by Lexi

Hey, I don't know if it's a bug with the patch, but when I went to use the Item List today, it wasn't working properly....

That code is unchanged for several months and I've never seen it behave that way. First of all, you must have storage open and be in range for the feature to work. Also, the first time the feature is used, it has to learn the categories items are held in. Once you have visited all the categories, the fetch of items will be automatic so long as you remain in range of storage and have items available. The learned categories are saved between client restarts so the feature will just work next time. If you are using the feature as expected and it still does not work, please check your error log and post any thing relevant. If the client is going though the learning process each time but works otherwise then you may have an issue with permissions of your config directory or the client is not exiting properly to save its settings.

If there is another place we should be submitting bugs for the 1.9.1 RC1 client, please say so.

With that being said, I found a bug. I am using the new "Floating Session Counters" feature (which is a great feature by the way). When I mix Fire Essences without stopping until I run out of food, it looks as though the scrolling messages need the time to catch up. If you try this out, you'll see what I mean. Perhaps if the Floating Session Counters feature is turned on, increase the speed of the scrolling. Or increase the speed all together. This bug is not preventing me from doing anything. I just found it interesting.

Raato

for the time being i setup a mirror of sir_odie's custom clothing and provide also rescaled versions of this.

check http://clothes.el-fd.org/.

The instructions for "3" didn't work. I followed the instructions, renamed my custom directory, and started the client again. A new custom directory recreated and downloaded the new files. However, the "scaled" files appear incomplete on the characters. For instance, my shirt (bare stomach) appears on the top part of my back and the rest of my front and lower back are black. Other characters appear transparent. I can meet you somewhere in game or I can send you a screenshot.

The instructions for "3" didn't work. I followed the instructions, renamed my custom directory, and started the client again. A new custom directory recreated and downloaded the new files. However, the "scaled" files appear incomplete on the characters. For instance, my shirt (bare stomach) appears on the top part of my back and the rest of my front and lower back are black. Other characters appear transparent. I can meet you somewhere in game or I can send you a screenshot.

Since your error_log.txt still shows the message downloading from www2.gm.fh-koeln.de it is not using the scaled files.

and BTW this is not something to be handled here. As i meanwhile mention on the page do not bother radu or other el-staff with this.

Hey, I don't know if it's a bug with the patch, but when I went to use the Item List today, it wasn't working properly....

That code is unchanged for several months and I've never seen it behave that way. First of all, you must have storage open and be in range for the feature to work. Also, the first time the feature is used, it has to learn the categories items are held in. Once you have visited all the categories, the fetch of items will be automatic so long as you remain in range of storage and have items available. The learned categories are saved between client restarts so the feature will just work next time. If you are using the feature as expected and it still does not work, please check your error log and post any thing relevant. If the client is going though the learning process each time but works otherwise then you may have an issue with permissions of your config directory or the client is not exiting properly to save its settings.

Thanks for your reply, I have discovered it's likely a lag issue on my side. :) But I will see about the error log idea you posted if it happens again!

For Ubuntu users there in PPA and work very well , ty Radu :)

https://launchpad.net/~pjbroad/+archive/ppa

Glad they work, I kept forgetting to mention these. If you're using the normal packages from the same archive, you can install these instead (eternallands-rc and eternallands-rc-data) to test out the RC client and data. If you have problems, just installed the non-rc versions again (reporting the issues of course). The big data files are cached so its easy to switch back and forth should you need to. When the full 1.9.1 release is ready be sure to install the the non-rc packages again.

Edited by bluap

hmm, don't know if its only me, but i have a little problem with key repeating sometimes...

today i was typing a new name for item list and when my cursor was in the text field i got a fast and infenite key repeat, even when i released the key.

it stopped when i put the mouse outside...but its rare

or i switched to web browser and back to el, pressing f1 for console it was switching char view and console view fast and stopped when i clicked on console icon... also rare happening

btw, a big thank you for the new item list function :icon13:

now i love it more to mix at store :)

oh and sorry if i bother you with tiny things...but im quiet shure i got the lucky crafter rank 1 a few days ago for an efe, but still not on web site or in char look popup :o

Edited by wuffzel