Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uncertain

Windows 7

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.. My issue is this.. I can go into my EL Map Application Program and load the file KA.elm.gz However, when I try to attach it to my email to send to roja, it is not in exsistance. When I go back to my EL Map Application Program, then to map folder, (from the map application) I see it listed there. I can copy it. However I can not paste this file anywhere, or onto anything.

Also, I notice this file or any file that I have created using the EL Map Application Program, has a lock icon on it (assuming this is a function of the application due to any new maps i make, also have a lock icon on them.)

The direct route I take to view this file is:computer -> emachine drive c -> program filesx86 -> EL Programs -> Mapeditor Application -> click on open folder icon -> KA.elm.gz and presto it appears in my map application program.. But, no where else, ever.... ..

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated since this file has to be to roja asap. Very time sensitive lolz

:)

With the help of my bud Kobor this issue is resolved. The problem was : "the file can be seen through the mapeditor Open windows but not through the windows file explorer. And all normal stuff was checked (not a hidden file etc) comp running Windows 7 , 64 bit version. Gave up controls of my pc to my bud (trust i know em good) and he did all kinds of fast moving my mouse st00fs for close to a hr and half.

Conclusion ended up being we think the map editor application runs on a 32bit where as windows 7 runs on a 64bit or at least mine does. That itself may of caused a issue with created elm files being "locked" automatically. Also possible reason for them to be unseen through windows file explorer, thus unable to attach automatically through ones email account. Kobor did however changed a few file names (i forget which he's just to fast to watch and write at same time) made a new file and was able to paste the elm file into that folder where we were then able to extract that elm file and attach it to a email.I mostly watched in awwww, so if this doesnt make any sense, thats mostly the reason why. And am mostly relaying info for if incase someone else has similar issue in the future. Anywho, have fun :)

~ me

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this