Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Client update test

This test is only for people who can read and understand English well, who are good with computers (can copy files, etc.) and who can follow instructions by the letter. If you are not one of those people, please do not try this as it can make the game unplayable.

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH CUSTOM CLOTHING, SO TURN THAT OPTION OFF IF YOU HAD IT ON

Instructions, must be followed precisely!

For Windows:

1. Make a copy of your EL folder, this is important!

2. Get the file: http://www.eternal-lands.com/EternalLands-update_191_2.zip

3. CLOSE THE GAME!

4. Uncompress it in your El folder, or in a separate folder than move it to the EL folder in such a way that old files are overwritten!

5. If it doesn't work, delete the whole folder and restore your backup folder.

For Linux/OSX

Make a backup, download the same file as for Windows, uncompress them in the EL data folder, and compile the client from CVS, using the following compile options:

FEATURES += MORE_ATTACHED_ACTORS

# Enable more activities on horses

FEATURES += NECK_ITEMS

# Enables medallions/scarves

FEATURES += LARGE_TEXTURES

# Changes player character texture size block to 512x512.

FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS

If there are problems, and you know for SURE that you followed the instructions to the letter, please post here.

To enable the achievements you also need:

FEATURES += ACHIEVEMENTS

As before, I've produced Linux executables for 32 bit and 64 bit. They are built to work on many Linux distributions, if the 1.9.0 release executables worked for you then so should these as I've built them in the same way. Once downloaded, make sure you change the file permissions to be executable. The full download page for these files is here.

The "face palm" emote puts the character's hand inside of the skull and so it disappears partially. The eyebrow is then rendered overtop of the hand.

The arms look kind of flat and skinny when stretching, but I am not sure if anything can be done about that.

Sorry, I can't remember how to get images posted.

Edited by nathanstenzel

nathanstenzel, what avatar are you using? It looks different depending on that.

Male elf. No size changes.

The door to exit the tavern in Emerald Valley is not visible from the inside of the tavern, I have to pan the camera around and click the door on the outside of the wall to exit. I verified that this is not the case with the 1.9.0 client. I wasn't aware that stuff like this needed to be tested, should we be exhaustively testing doors etc. again on each map?

It's always possible for map bugs to get introduced. Just do normal playing with the client data and if you find a bug post it.

Male elf. No size change.

The tip of my left ear was pointing out of my iron helm. Just barely, but it was.

I don't know if this is a bug or not. I was admiring the new addition of the medallions and I noticed the outline of the medallions "cut" through the character, showing the foreground behind the character. It really isn't noticeable, I just figured this might qualify as a texture problem maybe? Just a thought.

This was only performed with the moon medallion in which I was able to re-create it. It only occurs when the chest armor is removed and replaced. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by InfectioN

If I remember correctly, we also need a new Portland map image because of the updated docks. A part of it was edited.

Edited by hussam

If I remember correctly, we also need a new Portland map image because of the update docks. A part of it was edited.

Correct, the whole section beyond Xaquelina is now not accessible (pier has been shortened)...