Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cilestiel

post enriched essences

Prologue

currently we use enriched fire essences for iron armours onwards and titanium long swords onwards,

problem

due to the higher level items needing the enriched essences the price is now so high that the prices of the lower, items that require one have risen, and are hard to get a hold of for younger players, (I know people will now say that they should work for it) however these items are not so great and players may as well skip them and go to titanium set.

EFE's are currently ~9k

cuisses 9.5k

greaves 10.5k

plate 22k

proposition

have an item, like the EFE but better, which is made from the Enrichment stone and for example 1000 fe's, this will be more rare than the EFE, and will allow the EFE to be used for the lower level items without the higher level items taking them up.

misk

I know this idea would have to be developed and refined and opposed so do your best :P

How are you going to make an item that requires you to hold 1000 fe? Max emu w/o mule is 960.

good point, then 100 fe's, enrichment stone, 100 magic essences and 100 water essences

the water essences are there to cool down the fire and heat of the magic :P

i am all for helping younger players but isnt making those things easier kind of not fair to older players who have worked to get where we are? :ph34r:

Albeit I don't see the issue with the Iron armors.

What I DO see an issue with is...

Titanium Chain and titanium long.

1 EFE for a weapon / armor with that back in the day was fine. The price justified it and it was strong and powerful.

Considering the other options we have now, a 9k+ price for a tit long is a touch akward in my experience. I almost feel no need reading either books albeit I have.

My suggestion for those would be to create maybe 2 tit chains or 2-3 tit longs. That way the price is justifiable and the Enriched Essie needed would be more satisfactory.

It seems the problem is that some mid level armor and weapons shouldn't be manufactured because their stats don't justify the price of the ings. The one ing that is too expensive is the EFE. One possible solution is to lower the price of EFEs, but I don't think we should do that and we probably can't, anyway.

Instead, Cilestiel's and forever's ideas are both good. Either change the recipes for these items to use something other than an EFE or make the recipes produce two items.

If the recipes use something other than an EFE, maybe it could be something like 500 FE or maybe a different, more common enriched essence, like an EWE or an EDE. Maybe both 500 FE and an EWE. 500 FE generates a lot of heat and an EWE is needed to cool things down. That's good for role playing and wouldn't lower the price of these finished goods as much.

It seems to me that you fail to realize that the price of an enrichment stone will always be around the price of the most expensive thing made from it which is currently an EME.

If you wish to lower the cost of the cheaper items, you may want a lesser enriched fire essence which you could make by mixing 1 enrichment stone and 200 FE and get 2 lesser enriched fire essence instead of 1. This would roughly half the cost of the lower level EFE items.

Of course, another solution would be to stop overloading the enriched essences in the recipies.

Edit:oops! I meant get 2 LESSER enriched fire essence

Of course then, getting more EFE than EME per value might be interesting too.

Edited by nathanstenzel

If you wish to lower the cost of the cheaper items, you may want a lesser enriched fire essence which you could make by mixing 1 enrichment stone and 200 FE and get 2 enriched fire essence instead of 1. This would roughly half the cost of the lower level EFE items.

That would be a very good idea.

If you wish to lower the cost of the cheaper items, you may want a lesser enriched fire essence which you could make by mixing 1 enrichment stone and 200 FE and get 2 lesser enriched fire essence instead of 1. This would roughly half the cost of the lower level EFE items.

Mixing FE is not the funniest job in EL. I think the reward of 10K for an EFE that mixers get is nice, and so its worth the efford of mixing FE.

With this idea, the price of EFE would go down again, and with that mixers go worst again, and fighters go richer.

I dont like the idea

Mixing FE is not the funniest job in EL. I think the reward of 10K for an EFE that mixers get is nice, and so its worth the efford of mixing FE.

With this idea, the price of EFE would go down again, and with that mixers go worst again, and fighters go richer.

I dont like the idea

Ok, yes it would make mixers worse or w/e.

That does not mean fighters are rich.

The only money making method anymore is instancing, which helps mixers a LOT considering how frequently we need HE/SR/potions/w/e for killing the mobs and stuff.

Yeti isn't profitable much anymore. I break even usually like 3k-4k in gc over (not including bones). but that's like 2 hours of spawn camping for me. Which incase you didn't notice, is way less GC/Hour than a iron/silver/coal harver can make assuming they aren't afk during.

I don't think having a lesser EFE like nathan suggested would lower the cost of EFEs. It might actually raise the cost of EFEs a little.

The high cost of EFEs comes from them being necessary for making high level items. Right now, very few mid level items are made because of the high cost of EFE.

If lesser EFEs get implemented the way I imagine, they would be used for mid level items only. High level items would still use EFE, so the demand for EFE would stay the same. Thus, the cost of EFE should stay the same. In fact, EFE may become more expensive due to some enrichment stones now being used to make lesser EFE instead. But that's only if enrichment stones are the only way to make lesser EFE. If lesser EFE can be made by chance while mixing FE (at a higher rate than EFE, of course), than the price of EFE should not change at all.

I realize I'm making some bold claims. Is there anything I haven't thought of?

I don't think having a lesser EFE like nathan suggested would lower the cost of EFEs. It might actually raise the cost of EFEs a little.

The high cost of EFEs comes from them being necessary for making high level items. Right now, very few mid level items are made because of the high cost of EFE.

If lesser EFEs get implemented the way I imagine, they would be used for mid level items only. High level items would still use EFE, so the demand for EFE would stay the same. Thus, the cost of EFE should stay the same. In fact, EFE may become more expensive due to some enrichment stones now being used to make lesser EFE instead. But that's only if enrichment stones are the only way to make lesser EFE. If lesser EFE can be made by chance while mixing FE (at a higher rate than EFE, of course), than the price of EFE should not change at all.

I realize I'm making some bold claims. Is there anything I haven't thought of?

It should lower the cost of EFE only slightly. Very few EFE are made using enrichment stones anymore because EME are in demand for CoL and such. EME cost more than EFE, so enrichment stones will cost more than EFE. At least that is what my info from a month or so suggested.

What it should do is decrease the cost of the lower items that currently use EFE.

I dont like the idea

The only money making method anymore is instancing, which helps mixers a LOT considering how frequently we need HE/SR/potions/w/e for killing the mobs and stuff.

Yeti isn't profitable much anymore. I break even usually like 3k-4k in gc over (not including bones). but that's like 2 hours of spawn camping for me. Which incase you didn't notice, is way less GC/Hour than a iron/silver/coal harver can make assuming they aren't afk during.

Im not a realy experienced Fighter, a/d 80s, but as long from my experience there is not a better way of getting gc.

Right now, farming Phantom warriors i get over 10Kgc/Hour.

You will say, yes but then the experience sucks!!

What is the experience of harving iron/coal/sulphur/etc?

From what i read, not from my personal experience, u can make also nice gc by killing DC. Im not so far, but then the exp factor wont b a problem

Im thinking about doing a post about Gc/Hour in general. But here just the first points. A mixer can make 1,5K-2K essences/hour. Normal essences sell for 1-2 gc more than ingradients cost. So mixer is also not the best job ever.

If u add to this equation, that fighters get the best exp/hour in the game, Why are we still discousing of doing the things easyer for them? Its not enoguth to have the best exp/hour and gc/hour, so that they stil have to get the armors cheaper?

As i sayed in my first post, dont like the idea

Edited by AitorTillas

One of possible solutions how to decrease efe price is increase efe amount at market. WTB over alch 75 or so u could mix FE 2-3 times faster with higer fail rate? And then mayby ppl would make FE more willingly.

<CLIP>

Im thinking about doing a post about Gc/Hour in general. But here just the first points. A mixer can make 1,5K-2K essences/hour. Normal essences sell for 1-2 gc more than ingradients cost. So mixer is also not the best job ever.

If u add to this equation, that fighters get the best exp/hour in the game, Why are we still discousing of doing the things easyer for them? Its not enoguth to have the best exp/hour and gc/hour, so that they stil have to get the armors cheaper?

You may have a point. Of course, there is a difference between using iron plate and using steel or titanium or better. The goal here was to make the lower level EFE armor and weapons more cost effective. The higher level armor and weapons would most likely be needed for the monsters with the good drops. Making an alternate item for some things and having a cheaper price on them could un-obsolete some items.

As for balancing out the skills, I would be happy enough to see the xp for mixing and harvesting doubled or a/d xp changed to 1/4 instead of 1/3 rationality. This may put the game in a bit of turmoil for a bit though.

I have seen many people refer to fighting as play time and then mixing of essies and potions to prepare for fighting as hard work so that they get to play.

BTW, how much gc worth of essences and potions and rings and armor did you use up while training on those phantom warriors to get 10Kgc? Were they subtracted from the gc you took to storage or did you really make 10Kgc-3Kgc (guessing) supplies?

If rationality was reason+will instead of (reason+will)/2, it would make things a bit more even. Every phys/coord a fighter gets is useful, but for mixers, only rationality matters and so few EL players believe in giving their characters actual brains.

Sorry for straying from topic for a bit, but I felt it was necessary.

I dont like the idea

Im not a realy experienced Fighter, a/d 80s, but as long from my experience there is not a better way of getting gc.

Right now, farming Phantom warriors i get over 10Kgc/Hour.

You will say, yes but then the experience sucks!!

What is the experience of harving iron/coal/sulphur/etc?

From what i read, not from my personal experience, u can make also nice gc by killing DC. Im not so far, but then the exp factor wont b a problem

Ok while you can make some decent GC farming Phantoms for their s2e/bones that doesn't necessarily clarify that you have to be a fighter per se. A lot of mixers over time can reach their 70's, which is more than enough really to kill them. Strap on a bp, some augs, a tit long or what ever and they are there for the picking.

However, as a DCW trainer myself, I will say that they are not exactly "great" for GC drops. For me they barely cut even. The rare drops on them aren't exactly "amazing" probably less likely than mixing an ELE while making Life Ess. The GC drops aren't exactly high either considering the respawn time and the fact that other than bethel there aren't any real double spawns to "farm" from them.

Most people consider Yeti to be the "farming" method. Or ACW. However, considering the crits, fact that we have to train to 130s+, the fact that we usually use dragon gear and a wep, and a the risk of breaking armor you once again break even and then maybe a little more. LORC's which are from what I hear "great exp" also aren't the best of drops and the GC gained from them is minimal.

I still don't think there is any happy medium for anyone. If I'd say anything, it might be possible to say that a fighter has it worse off for a long time. A mixer even lowish leveled can mix Fire Ess or Air ess or something which will sell and that's always suitable GC, where as a fighter pushes through loads of training, burning HE, SR, and quite a large variety of things that mixers provide just to get to a point where training is even profitable.