Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
6sik6

Hardware compatiibility problems

Hello peoeple if youre reading this now i have a question about a certain problem that many players on el have had and still are. Many of my friends and i have had problems finding a good video card for the el client. We have tested many and determined that nividia is the way to go normally. But even then its not a guarantee currently my cousin and i are running a nividia 7600 series and a nividia 9800 series. They seem to work well. I have had many problems with ati video cards as many probably have. But sometimes certain ati cards work as well. i just dont get what in the game has made this occur. The graphics are mediocre at most so wuts up? I recently bought an hp desktop computer, it has a nividia 5800 series and just wont play el for its life lol. So does the Nividia idea go out the window or what? Its pretty sad when a desktop computer with a nividia card cant run el. But an hp laptop with onboard video can play it perfectly. Id very much appreciate it if someone could enlighten my cousin and i on this phenominon lol. Id also like to ask if this problem can be fixed. And if it can be will it? Thanks for your time i appreciate it.

6sic6

we tryed to update the cards drivers yes.
So, you went to www.nvidia.com and searched for drivers for your card/chip?

Did you find new drivers and install them?

Was it this driver version?:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html

(assuming WinXP)

I can assure you EL does work on nVidia 5xxx series cards, so it's not EL's problem, it's drivers or something else at your end.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this