Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New critical damage

Broke 2 gatherer meds last night in about 200 yeti. 1 b4 update, 1 after update. In the same time got 25k gc in drops, so net to pay for he/srs was 5k. No complaint, just reporting what happened.

degraded col 4-5 hour after update (btw not an abnormal break for me, just keeping track)

Edited by Mufo

I'm curious - is this still just about blocking afk a/d alternate training methods? Isn't there a better and less disruptive way of doing it? Perhaps adjustments in ignore levels, or critters that ignore afk people (as define as no movement or actions for 10 minutes or something like that).

It just seems that the work, testing, fixing, and disruption to players has exceeded the magnitude of the problem attempting to be solved.

Edited by bkc56

@bkc

1. There's ways many of us agree would be 'better' than the new critical damage to stop AFK training, such as a simple def level based ignore.

2. Radu making changes to the breaks system has little to do with AFK training. The new critical damage and the fact some people are seeing more equip breaks are barely related. (To my understanding of the changes made, they actually aren't related at all.)

The threads title is a bit misleading.

edit:

To be more precise; the new criticals impact on breaks is minor/nothing compared to other changes radu has made in the last couple of days, changes intentionally designed to change the breaks system.

Edited by Korrode

Um... guys, before you go too far...

If I hear the word "AFK" on this thread, or anything except the new critical chance itself, the person who says those words will be banned from the forums.

The break rates (statistically) look very close to what they used to be before this series of updates. In fact, they seem to be a bit less breaks than before.

Um... guys, before you go too far...

You're right, my bad, sorry.

I'm just seeing a lot of turmoil and I've lost track of the point or the goal. I just hope it all gets worked out before it makes it to the "good" server. :)

The break rates (statistically) look very close to what they used to be before this series of updates. In fact, they seem to be a bit less breaks than before.

I buy this, did some training earlier, and it seems to have been fixed. Cheers!

Yeah I degraded a cutlass in 157 chims last night. After update

what kind of chim?

I was on the FCW/MCW spawn in RoT but when it degraded it was on a FC.

I wouldn't kill fchim with a great sword. a few weeks ago, I damaged a JS from maybe 30 fchim in an invasion.

Just over 200 cockatrices today. no breakages so far.

Ran 2 instances today, I personally didn't break anything. The first instance a bronze sword, mol, icy cuisses, and mirror cape broke within the team. The second instance no one broke anything.

I think the rate is a bit too low, but I need more days to gather better stats.

I also have some ideas to make it more fair (those who never broke armors will have a higher chance to break them, those who break them too often will have a lower chance).

Those who never broke armors will have a higher chance to break them, those who break them too often will have a lower chance.

I hope that only "fighting time" will be taken into consideration, not all "log time".

I also have some ideas to make it more fair (those who never broke armors will have a higher chance to break them, those who break them too often will have a lower chance).

I think you should wait a few days and check breaks again though, some people didnt train because they were unsure how much stuff they'd break yesterday. I think in a few days the amoung of training will get back to normal and you can make better conclusions.

That's just my 2 cents anyway.

FeLkkU

Please do take into consideration how much it costs to replace the armor/weapons used for each monster. For instance, someone who trains ogres in augmented will break too much armor but can easily afford to replace it. Someone who trains fluffy won't break too much armor but can actually afford to replace breakages. Someone who trains trice can't afford to replace items as much as dchim/fchim/mchim trainers. For instance, I would need ~950 trice kills to replace a 40k sword after deducting HE/SRs costs. I actually counted. but higher level/better build people can do much better.

Edit: I counted incorrectly

Edited by hussam