Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New critical damage

...i assume the current system that I have knowledge of will soon be obsolete...?

Won't be obsolete, just made more fair. If your armor absorbs all the damage you will get a lower than now chance to break your stuff (protecting those training stuff over their level), and if the armor doesn't absorb all the damage you will have a higher than now, but lower than those whose armor absorbs all the damage.

How does this affect people who train something around their level with high end armor but it still doesn't absorb much damage?

Edited by hussam

After degrading jagged sabre yesterday, sold it and bought another one to go on instance, 1/2 through first wave of achim and degrade the new one.

Even those of us who used to break no armor before still did break weapons.

I speculate that weapons have a chance to break both when we get hit and when we hit opponents. Considering this, maybe some revision to their break chances isn't a bad idea.

I would like to think that a great sword costing 40k gc should last more than ~20 achims - We were a team of 6 - so my swings equal about 3-4 chims solo. Just bad luck?

@isk. in an eternal lands world you would like to think many things... like a world where you dont stub your finger every 20 seconds while picking flowers, so is it so hard to believe that in this day in age (and economy) that when you buy a bright and shiny new 40k sword; that it shatters after three or four uses?

A little over 1k mcw since November 27 and I just now broke 1 Staff of Protection. I didn't train all of them with sop either; I alternate between tit long & short & sop depending on astro.

Edited by chr0nik

I really don't think the critical damage change should have anything to do with weapon degrades/breaks. Considering as it's commonly been told to me, weapons break rate is effected by hitting and not getting hit. If I am wrong then let it be known.

But the last 4-5 runs on yeti, I've yet to break anything. Haven't degraded anything either. maybe i'm just lucky but idk.

I don't understand how weapon breakage compares to what radu has explained for armors, but it seems like some weapons are breaking often based on my limited knowledge of breakages.

Edited by chr0nik

Was on the test server for a couple of hours this afternoon. My a/d on the test server is 123/125

First hour on armed orcs, lost 200 hp over that time. killed 152.

Second hour on DCW, normal damage I thought. killed 44.

No kit (augs) lost.

Sorry, I can't do a longer test.

-- Zoot

Since my last post of breaking MoL. Did instance degraded ID cuisses. Training yeti broke RD plate. Today 4th LO and Your Titanium Cuisses has been degraded to Used Titanium Cuisses. Take a lot of LO to pay for tit cuisses

I use titanium long to train and ofc its very common to degrade them which I understand and dont ever concider that anything more than it happens.

After degrading jagged sabre yesterday, sold it and bought another one to go on instance, 1/2 through first wave of achim and degrade the new one.

Even those of us who used to break no armor before still did break weapons.

I speculate that weapons have a chance to break both when we get hit and when we hit opponents. Considering this, maybe some revision to their break chances isn't a bad idea.

In fact i believe weapons break more when YOU HIT by criticals, it is notorious for example with arrows in PWs, or when a good weapon is broken on rabbits.

I normally don't break any armor (my build is not too classic), but i do break a lot of weapons. With the first changes of all these i broke a SoP on DCs by giving a critic hit.

just now Your Titanium Cuisses has been degraded to Used Titanium Cuisses

oh this was on yeti today

So 2 pair in 2 days

Edited by CherUT

This little test/tweak period is getting a bit expensive for some players... Should we all move our instinct to vitality to cap it to reduce breaks until this is resolved? And will that affect weapon breaks as well?

Edited by LuciferX

Well at first it wasn't bothering me much as I wasn't noticing anything towards it. Till I was pk'ing today and I got hit pretty hard by the break fairy lol.

Ice Dragon Plate Degraded seconds after a Bronze sword break. (the bronze sword didn't matter I break them all the time Im used to it)

Shortly after that, literally a few minutes I break my Rad Rapier.

Albeit I"m not sure Rad Rapier is effected by the damage change or not. The Ice Plate degrade was notable.

Just posting recent breaks.

Oh I almost forgot I broke a Halberd after 1 use in an instance lol

Halberd I had a BP on, the rest was whilst wearing a NMT, if that matters at all.

Another edit, Not exactly sure when or on what but I also degraded a tit Shield. I think I was instancing and I THINK it was a Nasp but idk.

Edited by forever

On feroses I have broken nothing after update. Normally I used to break ti shorts every 0-1k feroses, now I think I've killed at least 3k without breaking any swords...

Same goes to pvp, did it about 9 hours at both sun tzu's we had lately and broke just 2 aug pants.

So it seems this still affects just high lvl monster trainers and PKers.

Edited by Miiks

Time to pump up monster gc drops methinks, especially on the mobs where you basically need to use good armor and that even with the best armor it's impossible or near impossible to get into the (armor*2)/3 thingy.

I also worry about the items where NPC prices are better than players can offer it for. The NPC prices need adjusting or the RL$ price of rares needs adjusting. For example; NPC price of great swords needs to come up to 50kgc, but only so long as those of us who require great swords for our training (and thus are using and breaking them 100 fold more than everyone else) are making enough gc to pay players 40kgc+ per sword replacement.

I don't mind high level a/d'ers breaking gear and having to replace it, helping to drive the EL economy, but we need to be making the gc to replace the gear, and then some.

I can't comment on if other changes are needed to keep PvP training a viable option, as I rarely PvP and don't know the amount being broken there.

Edited by Korrode

I also worry about the items where NPC prices are better than players can offer it for. The NPC prices need adjusting or the RL$ price of rares needs adjusting. For example; NPC price of great swords needs to come up to 50kgc, but only so long as those of us who require great swords for our training (and thus are using and breaking them 100 fold more than everyone else) are making enough gc to pay players 40kgc+ per sword replacement.

I'd rather RL$ price of rares be adjusted instead. If we up NPC price of great sword to 50kgcs to match what players offer to sell it for, won't we keep needing to raise NPC price again every time ingredient prices go up? There is no price cap on the value of rare items. But I do think JS should cost a bit more than other great swords.

I also suggest bronze armor be repairable.

won't we keep needing to raise NPC price again every time ingredient prices go up?

Well, yeah.

Inflation is happening in-game... why do only the players adjust their prices and not the NPC's?

In RL when inflation happens everyone adjusts their prices, there's not some special group of people who forever charge what they originally did.

OK, since the update I have broken 1 moon med and a damaged tit plate in normal training. Some trice a few yeti the tit plate broke on LOs. During todays invasion, the first one I've seen since the changes, I've also broken 1 rdholm, 1 gather med and degraded a tit shield.

/Little (ingame)

Edited by littlestar