Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Kilaran Field Clash 3

- The Kilaran Field Clash 3 -

A PK competition where 2 teams battle for control of Fort Garisn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The KF Clash is a 30 minute, equipment restricted test of strategy and teamwork for Fighters, Mages and Archers.

Kilaran Field is a "No Drops" PK map, where you do not drop any items when you die, even if you do not have a Rostogol stone in your inventory.

The Clash will have only 2 teams, the goal of each team will be to control Fort Garisn for as long as possible.

There are significant equipment restrictions, they are detailed below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Saturday, 4 December 2010 at 16:40:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

NOTE: This is the time you must be at the storage area in Valley of the Dwarves, the event won't begin until approximately 30 minutes later (hopefully a bit less). If you are not at VotD storage by the above stated time, you may not get to compete, irrelevant of when you signed up.

(Also note that you need to be guild-less by this time)

Team selection method:

Each side will have a 'Team Captain'.

Some time prior to the event they'll be accepted into the 2 guilds that will be used for it and given rank 19.

25 minutes before the event start time, at which point all competitors should be assembled at VotD storage area, the 2 Captains will in-turn select competitors from the group to be on their team. When a Captain selects a competitor they can type the #join_guild command and the captain will #accept them and set them rank 5.

The 2 guilds that will be in use are "TeK" and "VeX", the guild names are the same as the tag.

So, if you are selected by the TeK Captain you type:

#join_guild tek

If you are selected by the VeX Captain you type:

#join_guild vex

The Clash Layout:

The members of each team will need to join one of the two guilds i am providing for this event.

It is possible you could be fighting in opposition to your friends and guildmates. If you are not prepared to do this, do not sign up... and remember, it's meant to all be in good fun :medieval:

The goal for each team is to "control" Fort Garisn for as much time as possible within the 30 minute span of the event.

Here is a screenshot of Fort Garisn:

fort_garisn.jpg

To be considered as "controlling" the fort, a team must have at least one member on the raised blue stone area at the back of the fort, and no members from the other team on the blue stone area.

Note: If you're invisible it will NOT count. You need to be 'openly' controlling/contesting the fort.

To further clarify what i mean by 'the raised blue stone area', here is a top-down shot with the area highlighted in blue:

fort_garisn-topdown.jpg

(Map image credit: Rangers of the North guild)

I will be in a guild set as ally to both the guilds in the competition and will remain in the fort and keep track of who has control and how long for. Once the 30 minutes is up, whichever team was 'in control' for the longest will be declared the winner. (I will probably get someone else to help me as well, so i don't have to monitor for equipment restriction violations whilst also keeping track of fort control.)

All competitors will be removed from the guilds at the end of the event.

Rules:

1. Certain items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

• The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).
  • The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).
  • Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.
  • Any fire/ice/magic arrows and bolts.
  • Staff of the Mage.
  • Staff of Protection.
  • Medallion of Life. (That's right, MoL is NOT allowed, don't forget it :P )
  • BRoD and BoD.
  • Normal Branch and Bone.
  • The Golden Star mace.
  • The Bronze Sword.
  • The Scythe.
  • The Dragon Blade.
  • Dragon Armors. (including RDHoLM)
  • Bronze Armors.
  • Mines/Caltrops/Wards.
  • Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).
  • Mage Robe Shirt.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

• Normal Iron, Steel and Titanium armors.
  • All normal shields up to titanium.
  • Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.
  • Medallion of Mana.
  • Crowns of Life and Mana.
  • Any Cape.
  • Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.
  • Halberd and Spear.
  • All bows and PK arrows.
  • The crossbow and PK bolts.
  • The Radioactive Rapier
  • The Radioactive Titanium Long Sword
  • Mage Robe Pants.

2. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

Not even bears and tigers. Nothing. Nada.

3. Laying Mines and placing Wards during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines, Snares, Caltrops and Wards.

4. Using a melee weapon in conjunction with an arrow or bolt is NOT allowed.

Anything not listed in the above four rules IS allowed (eg. all magic spells are allowed).

5. You must be guild-less and not within the 2 EL-days between guilds wait period by the event start time. (16:40 UTC)

Not complying to this will mean not being able to compete in the event.

Signing up, and conclusion:

If you would like to sign up, please post on this thread and state your in-game name. If you cannot post on the forums, contact myself (Korrode) in-game.

Unlike the arena tournament events i sometimes run, if you want to do this event but are unsure if you will be available at the scheduled time, it's ok to sign up anyways, as whoever shows on the day is who competes.

I'm going to be quite strictly enforcing the rules this event. If you can't read, comprehend and work within the above listed rules, don't sign up. If I see someone in dragon armor or with a bronze sword or if i see an orange spam appear for anyone, or any other infraction, that person will be instructed to stop using the offending item and if they do not comply immediately, or if they offend a second time, they will be kicked from the guild they are in, expelled from the competition, and banned from signing up to my future events for a good while.

@Eternal Lands administrators and moderators:

If you are willing to enforce a rule restricting access to KF only to competitors for the 30 minute duration of the event it would be greatly appreciated.

Signed up competitors:

Perthy

MufossA

Starlite

Violater

Inferno

Mistral

BOO

DuBro

bLaZe1

stinkyfeet

CherUT

crownwarrior

Kaddy

elg3neral

Werkhausen

teehee

EkzMan

aravinth

Cilestiel

Divine

Ozmondius

iZu

KrazyKiller

Choris

Druss

Entreri

Q. If i die, can i return to the fight?

A. Yes.

Q. Can i use ring of <whatever>?

A. Yes, if it's not listed under rule 1 as disallowed, then you CAN use it.

Q. Is the Radioactive Rapier and Ti long allowed?

A. Yes, although these weapons carry a hefty price tag, everything considered (like the radiation protection on ti/steel/bronze armors), they shouldn't be overpowered, but will be useful for some competitors.

Q. Does being kicked (#remove) from my guild, as opposed to leaving (#leave_guild), eliminate the 2 EL-day waiting period to join another guild?

A. Yes.

Q. Is the Thermal Serpent Sword allowed?

A. No. Under the list of equipment NOT allowed it says "Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).", this includes thermal/ice/fire/magic weapons of any kind.

Q. Are the Mage Robes allowed?

A. The Mage Robe Pants are allowed, the Mage Robe Shirt is not (nono orange spam in my comps).

Q. Why do you bother with all these equipment restrictions?

A. It's my opinion that having the benefits of team strategy and player tactics outweighing those of riches and luck makes for a more enjoyable PvP game. After the event i'm certainly open to feedback on the equipment restrictions from anyone who participated. Mostly I just want to make events that are enjoyable for, and accessible to, the widest range of people possible.

Q. What should we do if people who aren't in the competition are getting involved in the fighting?

A. I'm going to ask mods if they can help with this kind of thing, but if not; both teams gang them and kill them ASAP.

Q. Is Point Defense allowed?

A. Yes.

Edited by Korrode

Count me in if im on will be great fun.

Event won't finish until 4am Sunday morn for your timezone Star, but i notice you've become a night owl recently so cya there :D

Can you add a neutral guild for those who just want to watch?

I am of course happy to have spectators and urge the contestants not to attack/kill them so long as they're out of the way and not interfering, but i'm not willing to allow people to join a guild that's allied to both teams because if some spectators are getting in the way or somehow causing a problem, i'd prefer contestants be able to get them our of the way themselves.

I am of course happy to have spectators and urge the contestants not to attack/kill them so long as they're out of the way and not interfering, but i'm not willing to allow people to join a guild that's allied to both teams because if some spectators are getting in the way or somehow causing a problem, i'd prefer contestants be able to get them our of the way themselves.

But you are not going to sanction those who attack those will not be participating. Without that the bullies / cheap shot artists who just want PK points will kill them. Not worth it to me to provide easy points for them.

But you are not going to sanction those who attack those will not be participating. Without that the bullies / cheap shot artists who just want PK points will kill them. Not worth it to me to provide easy points for them.

Fair enough.

There's not much I can tell you really... KF events just aren't spectator friendly.

I would like to host PK events in arenas that will be more spectator friendly *cough*, but it's in the too hard basket for KF.