Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cyberwulf

Minerals Achievement

Hi, i am not sure if its a bug or not i was harvesting iron and got after 1000 iron ore that ive harvested 1000 minerals? So does Iron count as mineral? If yes it is not a bug but if not it is a bug.

I can't comment if Iron ore counts or not... but are you wearing a harvest cloak? It' s not a matter of how many you harvest... but how many times you harvested. If you're wearing a cloak... you'll have to double the numbers

i believe cyberwulf is trying to clarify if iron is considered a mineral or ore...

I can't comment if Iron ore counts or not... but are you wearing a harvest cloak? It' s not a matter of how many you harvest... but how many times you harvested. If you're wearing a cloak... you'll have to double the numbers

Yes i know, i harvested totally 2k with my cape but diddnt mean that!

i believe cyberwulf is trying to clarify if iron is considered a mineral or ore...

Yes Dib i mean exacly that Iron is an Ore not an Mineral but it Counted as Mineral in the Achievment?!

it could be a bug or misdetermined as a "mineral". let's hope the proper authorities take note of this. coding is not as simple as most people think.

Well, ores are normally considered minerals, just with the particularity that you can extract metals from them.

(the inverse is not true, not all minerals are ores :^) )

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral

Oxide class

Oxide minerals are extremely important in mining as they form many of the ores from which valuable metals can be extracted. They also carry the best record of changes in the Earth's magnetic field. They commonly occur as precipitates close to the Earth's surface, oxidation products of other minerals in the near surface weathering zone, and as accessory minerals in igneous rocks of the crust and mantle. Common oxides include hematite (iron oxide), magnetite (iron oxide), chromite (iron chromium oxide), spinel (magnesium aluminium oxide – a common component of the mantle), ilmenite (iron titanium oxide), rutile (titanium dioxide), and ice (hydrogen oxide). The oxide class includes the oxide and the hydroxide minerals.