Eternal Lands Official Forums

Hi

Is it just me or are the mobs really hard to see on ALL the snow maps. Even when zoomed in the yellow is very diffucult to see. Is there a way I can change the color ? possibly to the more golden yellow of the default guild tag color or even to purple/orange etc. Maybe a choice of colors for the snow areas would be great.

I agree, and it is also sometimes true for desert areas for me. The light yellow just doesn't stand out well against any of the lighter backgrounds.

The other thing that would help is a black border (and it's a lot easier to implement that a UI to change the color). That is, draw the yellow filled circle, then a black un-filled circle. Borders are commonly used to help overlapping colors stand out better. Of course this should be done for all the colors, not just yellow.

Something else about the blips on the map. Could they be made round? Looks way better and atm the only way to actually make them round is to set your video settings for 3d anisotripic filters on, and for my laptop that can play cod MW2 that seems to be too much and I get lower fps in EL :(

To make the dots/squares more visible on any type of background, add a 1px black (or other color) line/circle around it, maybe the inverse of the actual dot color.

The change of summons colour at minimap would be great, maby dark green or sth else... It will help in hunting, because you wouldn't have to wonder if that dot on minimap is your lost summon or mob you are hunting for.

Edited by learg

Something else about the blips on the map. Could they be made round? Looks way better and atm the only way to actually make them round is to set your video settings for 3d anisotripic filters on, and for my laptop that can play cod MW2 that seems to be too much and I get lower fps in EL :(

Hmm, for me using antialiasing has the same effect. I don't override EL's antitrosophic filtering and wether or not i set that to 16 or 1 ingame, AA rounds the dots on the minimap. Any feedback on wether this works for other people as well would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh yeah and i support the idea for putting a black border around the dots. ;)

Edited by Elgoran

the suggested mini map ideas are great. i would the different color for mods than yellow, and a different color for summoned mods would be nice to :)

dunno if that would help, but what about give there minimap options and option you can tick here negative for minimap? just minimap,creatures would be ormally coloured

As we can change the marker colours how hard would it be to be able to change/select the colors for the mini map?

It's easy to change the points to circles and to make them bigger:

gallery_14814_57_9440.jpg

The shading effect shown helps a little (needs some work its only a hack). Adding configurable colours could be done but how about having a simple option to switch between two sets of colours?

Edit: Here's the simple patch.

Edited by bluap

Help!! Im not comp savvy how do I install the patch :)

Sorry but as it's a patch, you would have to build the client from the source code. You can't simply install the patch.

http://www.paradoxco...227-mmpatch.exe

Just save the file in your C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\ and run it instead of el.exe

Note this is a 1.9.1 RC2 binary, you need to be running 1.9.1 RC2 data files:

http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=54346

Hi Korr

I just installed the new client released today But ofc lost the patch you made for me (it doesnt work now). Do I just delete it and reinstall it? Or do you have to modify it again? I wont do anything till I hear from you.