Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Extra critical chance

The weaker the mob the more crit dmg?

Well, no. That's not what anyone's said.

We said a minimum crit-dmg amount, not "the weaker the mob the more the crit dmg".

Edited by Korrode

The weaker the mob the more crit dmg?

Well, no. That's not what anyone's said.

We said a minimum crit-dmg amount, not "the weaker the mob the more the crit dmg".

Yes but keep in mind that the intention of this thing was to fix afk-training without healing. And the change should be a small one, I don't count a minimum cap to crit dmg as a small change. But I cant test anything so hope it will not affect me too much when this change happens on the pkserv.

Either way its a good thing right :) More dmg in pking?

Edit: Uhm, lower level (relative to you) implies more crit dmg if a minimum-cap exists... Higher level stuff will hit above that cap.

Edited by ProHibited

Either way its a good thing right :) More dmg in pking?

If what we're currently speculating is right, then no, in like 99% of PK situations there'll be no difference.

edit:

Edit: Uhm, lower level (relative to you) implies more crit dmg if a minimum-cap exists... Higher level stuff will hit above that cap.

ya.

edit2:

based on current assumptions, even someone fairly lower level than an opponent PK'er, even with a cutlass, would still crit-dmg above the cap.

edit3:

testing yeti now. as expected based on results @ trice, they seem the same

Edited by Korrode

Korrode, could you test lower lvl st00f too? Like feroses, fluffs, lions etc.

I'm at work now but it's good time to try figure out how this new system works :D

well i can, but i haven't trained them in a long time so i have no real comparison... i guess i have some basis from the kj fluff.

edit:

interesting; just boxed the fluff @ yeti spawn... lucky lil guy got 3x crit-dmg on me...

20, 19 and 24 damage... definitely seems high, from what i remember it would never hit me for over teens before, usually like <10 i think.

Edited by Korrode

well i can, but i haven't trained them in a long time so i have no real comparison... i guess i have some basis from the kj fluff.

edit:

interesting; just boxed the fluff @ yeti spawn... lucky lil guy got 3x crit-dmg on me...

20, 19 and 24 damage... definitely seems high, from what i remember like 11 or 12 would've been absolute max before.

So practically they hit you as hard as me. I tested few fl00fs too and got crits between 17 and 20 (killed like 5 fluffs, might have gotten higher crits if I stayed on them longer).

I just don't see what's the point in this. Atm it seems 100 def char with decent p/v gets same crits than 150 a/d char with full p/v if they're killing fluffies.

Edit: Speaking of high lvl chars, it would be nice to hear 150's a/d+ players comments about this and also test lower lvl mobs to see if my supposition is right.

Edited by Miiks

I may not understand this completely. As I see it both combatants take crits to stop this afk training. So, those that don't afk train will die faster and have their mob die faster too. So, more HE/SRs expense for the trainer and less xp per hour. Not a great idea to me.

Why not have the combat level the mob ignores at more dependent on def level or def difference. As the problem is the def level of the afker doesn't allow the mob to hit often enough.

I already have to do a ridiculous "flee" every 50 hp to the mob, I don't want to suffer more.

-- Zoot

I may not understand this completely. As I see it both combatants take crits to stop this afk training. So, those that don't afk train will die faster and have their mob die faster too. So, more HE/SRs expense for the trainer and less xp per hour. Not a great idea to me.

Why not have the combat level the mob ignores at more dependent on def level or def difference. As the problem is the def level of the afker doesn't allow the mob to hit often enough.

I already have to do a ridiculous "flee" every 50 hp to the mob, I don't want to suffer more.

-- Zoot

At least for me it didn't affect the damage I made to mobs I was hitting.

Well i'm in mid 80 a/d and got hit by a male goblin for 12 damage.

They did ~2 damage to me before this update...

So it seems to me, that those fighting receive more critical damage if the difference between them is higher.

The only thing is, how is the gap between "weaker" and "stronger" combatant computed.

Was, eh, interesting to get hit by an armed skelly for 19 dmg. :P

Didn't notice any difference on mcw tho.

Well i'm in mid 80 a/d and got hit by a male goblin for 12 damage.

They did ~2 damage to me before this update...

So it seems to me, that those fighting receive more critical damage if the difference between them is higher.

The only thing is, how is the gap between "weaker" and "stronger" combatant computed.

I disagree on this based on 120 def char getting 4 dmg from rat when a new character gets same amounts. Also this means a char should get less dmg against their lvl mob and a higher lvl player is supposed to get more on the same mob. Both are false based on empiric study. Just my opinion and observations.

Seems the higher level mobs perform the same or nearly the same as before, but everything below does nastier criticals.

With epic toughness char you get hit by a racoon for 6 dmg as example. Ogre ~15. Skellies ~10+. PW ~15. Gobs 10+. Lions, clops, orcs, fluff, feros all are trainable mobs and hit more than before.

What this does is just increased item breaks and more essence consumption. Must say that before you could do insane amount of feros with one restore, not anymore. So in a way it makes sense. Also invasions will be heavier for mid level players if this update is kept as it is. On a sidenote you might want to rethink will vs. vitality when training non-epic-ad char.

Not so small change tbh.

It doesn't make sense that you get less exp everytime you get lvl, but still get same damage as before. It really seems I should get full reas and will to train on feroses since I'd still get same damage but better exp...

And yeah really NOT a small change.

Having a rat be able to hurt my char after this much training and with this much toughness makes no sense to me. This doesn't seem like a small change.

I really like the idea of adding a defense level ignore to creatures that are currently combat level only. That would prevent people with too high defense from afk training them.

So uhm, do people still train without restoring?

If you guys are right vit is the new will for fighters ;) Maybe sell vit removals in shop?

About ignore levels, make em based on Def+Attribute so that at no-dmg-training-level you simply do not get attacked, monsters have some intelligence right?

Edited by ProHibited

This change makes little if any difference if you train monsters around your level. If you multi lower level monsters, oh wll.

Oh, and 10 damage from some monsters is BS, this is not what this change added.

This change makes little if any difference if you train monsters around your level. If you multi lower level monsters, oh wll.

What do you mean, 10 damage from some monsters is BS?

Do you mean that lower level mobs shouldnt hit me for 10 damage? Fem gob just did 16 damage :P.

I think feroses are around my lvls (I'm 103/125 a/d, still can't train fcw properly) and they still hit me about 4x more damage than earlier.

Do you mean that lower level mobs shouldnt hit me for 10 damage? Fem gob just did 16 damage :P.

I have to look at my code when I get home, might be some bug, but I am pretty sure this is not what this change does.

I have to look at my code when I get home, might be some bug, but I am pretty sure this is not what this change does.

It does do that though, a friend(130s d) got hit by armed skele for 19 and another(120s d) by rat for about 5 damage.

Ok so the change as intended is as I thought, like when you train low lvl stuff (no heal) you get a penalty. That is cool of course, also if it counts in in all combat, it would also help weaker players/mobs in combat (summons) and I think that is good as well. :D