Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Extra critical chance

phantom warrior nearly pawnt me hit me almost every hit for 18-20 (gelly bones here also so +5)

Seemed a little strange at

115a/d 24C and 31 toughness

Ok, I did some testings, and I can confirm the fact that some monsters now do 18-20 damage, which should not happen. I'll take a closer look at my code and will fix this problem.

Ok, did some testing on the test server, and now the damage is sort of as intended, although it needs a bit more testing on the main server. People who tested it agree that under normal circumstances (invasion, training, etc.) it will make virtually no difference.

Testing on my part shows that combatants get up to 8 dmg, apparently on crit to dmg hits. Tested on ogre. Good thing since it's critical damage afterall, and this also motivates ppl to jump to the clops, since the dmg difference isn't that insane (ofc the crit rate is bigger but better rewards too.)

Haven't tested if this happens also on IP creatures. This could make a newbie player get considerable dmg. Should be no biggie thanks to quests allowing fast lvl ups, but might cause frustration if a new player goes bashing rats with their 20hp and not realizing to use pps (which imo is quite common, no reading and fast forward to action.)

As a side effect I started to get good load of breaks with basic training leathers and medallions (more than I'm used to on normal training on any char I've had.) But that's still a bit early to say. Now getting more crit dmg so it should be normal effect.

#edit: skeptic

Edited by Dugur

Yes, it seems much better now.

I just broke 2 meds within 30 mins of yeti training though but it's too early to say whether that was just bad luck or not.

Yesterday's bugs seem to be gone though, good.

EDIT: 15mins later i broke tit greaves

EDIT2: Total 3 meds, used tit greaves and degraded js in 1h30

Edited by FeLkkU

Yes, it seems much better now.

I just broke 2 meds within 30 mins of yeti training though but it's too early to say whether that was just bad luck or not.

Yesterday's bugs seem to be gone though, good.

EDIT: 15mins later i broke tit greaves

Just broke a MoL and some random armor stuff within the space of 10 mins. Bit gutted to say the least! Hard to afford stuff as a newb, and it seems that the breakages are waaaaaaaay up

[EDIT] Can't see myself training A/D other than dalies with breakages like this

[EDIT2]

Just checked and I was on a very good astro day as well

Edited by Robb

I also just had something break that would've been rare for me to break previously -,-

maybe coincidence sure... but considering the reports from other people... :mean:

Edited by Korrode

Just to add to this. I was fighting ferans, which are pretty below my level, and I had simple but effective armor on.

A/D: 56,61

p/c/vit: 20/28/12

I wasn't getting hurt at all, and remained at 80 damage.

Suddenly, I got hit for 20 damage, just randomly. My a/d isn't that far apart, and obviously I don't see how afk training works (Unless you had a macro script that found a creature, stopped (ran away) then attacked again?) Which in itself is cheating.

Anyway. Just thought I would mention this, as this never happened before o.0

Something changed

1. more armor breakage

2. fire arrows now breaking on bulas

3. more weapons now breaking on training ( no more tears looks like " only more tears" )

4. Icy hits more than the usual

Personally i have seen this changes ( my views) , dunno about others, but ya fun spoiled:<

To AFK train means that you are standing where a monster spawns that you know will attack you (prefrably several of em)and because of the way the char is built you will be able to fight them without losing health or very little health wich can be recoverd by wearing the fast regeneration cloak.

So no running around to attack the monsters needed (they attack you) and no HEs SRs needed (no need to heal the FR cloak takes care of that but this aint needed either if you do it right) and slap a gatherer on and you will get all the drops from the monsters so only have to check the food lvl and perhaps make a storage run to drop off the loot.

Edited by Entris

well I guess I understand but that doesn't mean for monsters that have def ignore lvls as if you want that those monsters won't hit you you must have much more def than their ignore lvl

I guess perfect for that would be to all monsters that have combat ignore lvls only this feature witch normally would make sence

+ in instance you wouldn't have a much problem with this feature as it would apply only to monsters that have only combat ignore lvl

+ it would make monsters that have combat ignore lvl more more dangerous and players would avoid them AFK or non AFK both

or if you have ever played runescape (more than 500 000 players playing) you would know how to mess with AFKers if you're AFK for more than 5 min server automaticly close you're connection so server doesn't have so much bandwith to use for AFKers

the exception would have to be made for bots ;)

(vvv isn't about EL but similar thinking vvv)

why so much complications when you have 1000 year old technology and don't want to use it

use it and it'll serve you well

I saw many things made today witch are tryed to be all made with PC instruments ... witch would be more easily be made with simple machanics

can someone please explain me how could you AFK train???

if you get 15 times exp you gain no more that's max 30 seconds witch means - ????? AFK 30 seconds and than you must retreat waiting about 10 - 15 seconds before you're character goes away from combat witch means in currently critical we had was alot and now I'm even afraid go on the enemy he'll crush in few minutes

I guess even rats would crush me in few minutes lol

It's quite simple actually. To really do so called afk training, you need to be away from keyboard, stay alive and keep exp refreshed. Since macros are a nono, you need to make sure you stay alive as long as possible = minimize damage income / outsource healing. The fleeing part is quite easy to handle, and once you've managed to flee there needs to be a mean to re-engage (obvious, you train mob with autoatt.) Prob with autoatt is low ignore lvls, so optimal case is to have minimal attack and attributes that allow training but keep low combat lvl.

I grinded a looooong while with equipment setup that removed critical to hit -hits from happening, so I never hit a monster - no attack exp. This ofc meant arrow which is also nasty def penalty, adding that no shield can be used. Attributes taken were phys and vitality, both to max, so that there'd be maximum damage reduction. Reach ogre level, go to nice map with plenty of ogres and no other trainers and grind with good exp (still having def penalty ofc.)

Yes, I managed to stay on spawn for long whiles and needed to pay attention to game just enough to heal once in 2 minutes (and later the time was longer thanks to more and more blocks and also dmg reduction thanks to def.) Eventually reaching levels that allow you to go afk for few hours, come back and heal and back afk.

Notice, reaching the point of afk training took good while with minimal exp gain. No sane char build would go with this, since a char with 7 att and whatever def is practically useless, unless on tanking purpose (oh the joy). This build is a "threat" to the game only by instances, and we already know those are farmed easily and much more effectively with normal chars. What a normal defbuilder char does at some point is start building their attack, so they use ages in something they could have done good while back.

And what comes to afk training, sure it blows to look at someone that isn't really working much, but does the game need to kill someone for going to loo for few mins while on spawn. Now to look at what one can reach with epic afk multitrain setup? 7-130 ad? Very useful. After that it's monsters that crit enough to keep you busy and paying attention. Why bother? Because it was possible :devlish:

With current situation I wouldn't make same sort of char, and that's away from diversity. No biggie. Guess there were big loads of players training afk, since changes this size were necessary ;p

Your Gatherer Medallion has been destroyed

on LOrc today (inside):<

Edited by amar

maybe you didn't pay attention

IMPORTANT

if you have ever played runescape (more than 500 000 players playing) you would know how to mess with AFKers if you're AFK for more than 5 min server automaticly close you're connection so server doesn't have so much bandwith to use for AFKers

or it could be made for 2 minutes if you don't press anything or do anything connection must be closes witch means AFKers can't play

I do not like afkers but there could be made simple solutions for this matter

you don't need so many complicated things and even mess with people that don't afk train

is now any difference from non afk and afkers no difference

they both have same problems

broke cutlass yesterday after 5 trices,today broke js after ~70 yetis + lots of augs in pvp.

Edited by Jig

or it could be made for 2 minutes if you don't press anything or do anything connection must be closes witch means AFKers can't play

Should be exactly the opposite. At least under Linux (x11), the client can be made to detect keyboard or mouse activity. Someone just sitting afk in storage for hours should not be disconnected. But someone who's client is not detecting keyboard or mouse activity but the char is actually moving around in the game because he/she are being attacked by monsters then that's the person you want to penalize. But even then, there's always a chance someone was afking outside in portland and got attacked by a invasion monster so accidentally moved. So something like that won't really work in EL.

I played on test for about 1 hour rather than breaking gear on main. I'm assuming based on the test server uptime that it's running the same code base. In any event, 18 fchim at 120 def with 48 phys & 20 vit, 1 aug pants broken. I have 10k fchim on my counters on main and not a single piece of broken armor or a medallion. Honestly neither of these is a perfect scenario, but something appears to have changed.

Edit: There is a difference in the uptimes between test & main. Either way, I'm happy to do more testing if/when it's warranted.

Edited by chr0nik

Hey radu! Anything that helps make summoning better; I support

summon is hands down the strongest skill in the game already

...are you serious? :confused: sure, summoning is a "strong" skill... the "strongest"? far from it.

Ranging, magic, and a/d is wayyyy stronger and a more "reasonable" skill then summoning.

Comparing Range - Summon: Range is "expensive" with the constant gc drain from arrows and the max AP.. but compared to the FIVE ANIMAL NEXUS (which is a MUST for summoning), the AP pots are nothing :P And rangers do more damage then summoners because they only need to constanstly click someone, while summoners need to FIRST get close to the opponent; and "mix" before they get "attacked" and prevented from summoning. The sucess rate for summoning compared to ranging is very low. Also, rangers get more glory: they kill someone = "omfgz they gotz skilz bcause pk central annouced it" .. but if summoners kill someone = "n00b, you just spent 25k+ gc to kill me on a Pk map & got no pk central or pki...ROFLMAOLOLOL" ...what's the cost of fire arrows compared to ELEs? :D

Comparing Magic - Summon: Whats the cost of HARM spell ess and cost for ARTIC CHIM summons? (I find both similiar because both skill can be nullified with MI spell:Magic or Invis pot:Summon & both of those handicap can be countered with wards. But to be honest, the cost difference is rediculous)

Comparing A/D - Summon: Summon SEEMS to beat A/D most of the time..but at what cost? ALL SUMMONS are ONE TIME use..while bronzes/armor/weapons can be used PLENTY of times before they "break". Beside, summoned creature's base defense is 0.. i'm sure most "pkers" can probably hit an AC summon np ^^ Again, an A/D pker only needs an invis pot and his good to go :D What's the cost of Bronzes/Icey Armor/NMT/COL/ (850k-ish) divided by the cost of ONE AC summon (25k) and it equals to 34 sets of summon (min).. SO whats the likely hood of the basic "Pking armor" to break after only 34 fights? Not that likely. Especially with NMT. What's the likely hood that i will lose gc each summon? 100%.

So the major reasons why i dont consider summoning the "strongest" skill is because its expensive as shxt (cost 5 animal nexus (min) & it costs 25k gc (min) per Pk session), and its "rewards" are very shortsighted compared to the other skills..who wants to spend 25k - 100k+ for 5 mins of dominating? I agree summoning is a "strong" skill..but not the "strongest" :P That is why you see rangers & A/D pkers roaming around more then Summoning Pkers..because summoning is the MOST expensive and timeconsuming skill..yet its not the "strongest". ;)

tiger i dont want to argue this with you much here, seems we have more important things in this thread, but i will say this, when i said "summoning is the most op skill in this game" it is, takes years to hit high a/d weeks to hit level to summon acws, i have all capped attributes and highest a/d in game and i cant fight off the summoned acws,cost is a none issue, you seem to have made an extremely un-informed post, it costs much more to level to high a/d and takes much much much more pp's to be strong in melee,im not complaining, i think summon is fine the way it is, ranging really requires a tank, sumon nothing except you're "iwinbutton" wanna discuss more Pm me in game np.