Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
guinevereanne

STR8Jacket of *CO*

All of a suddent out of the blue BoC recieved an #ig from *CO*, when asked politely what was wrong/if something had happened (as we do have a new guildy or 2 and people can be particualrly touchy about spawns on Sun Tzu day)we recieved further verbal abuse.When asked later in pm why he had acted in such a manor I was told susinctly "I don't like BoC" no further explination was forthcoming. And yes, *CO* has been #ig blocked. Perhaps I should have #ig blocked sooner but a) I was looking in the wrong place and b)I still thought he might have had a semi-legitamite reason for the abuse.

I post this to warn people they may want to #ig block *CO* (if they haven't already)or for no reason whatso ever they may suddenly become the recipient of a verbal attack. And I compeltely understand that #ig/#gm's are not moderated and #ignoring a person/or blocking them or lowering their rank is the way to "take care of it"

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] WTF is it then?

#Ig [guinevereanne->*CO*] can I help you?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] yeah, fuck off

#Ig [guinevereanne->*CO*] is something wrong? why this agression towars boc or myself?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] hmmm BOC

#Ig [guinevereanne->*CO*] has something happened?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] yeah, BOC Sucks end of

#Ig [guinevereanne->*CO*] what has brought this about?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] your moms face or something like that

#Ig [guinevereanne->*CO*] please keep a civil tounge. we haven't done anything to you and you are simply attacking us unprovoked

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] Bitchies On Cock

#GM from ArchFundy: time for a mod?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] this is how i talk, so dont tell me what to do cunt

#GM from guinevereanne: trying to freaking block it

#Ig [guinevereanne->CEL] how do you block #ig?

#Ig [Darrock:CEL] look in encylcopedia

#Ig [guinevereanne->CEL] looking

#Ig [guinevereanne->CEL] but *co* apparently thinks we are a receptical of bad language

#Ig [Darrock:CEL] somebody make 'em mad?

#Ig [sTR8Jacket:*CO*] ? well what you got to say to that bee atch

What a jerk,,,and this is the "newbie" that constantly asks for help in Ch 6 lol...no more help from me

He jumps guilds very quicly too, dont think he knows what he wants.

Edited by Starlite

Block IG, end of. No need to bring your silly drama to disputes.

+1

It appears what he said was uncalled for, sure, but just block and it's over, no need for all this.

It's childish behavior. She did also try to find out how to block the IG even though "Block IG" can't possibly be an answer to everything.

>.< ...wow.

1 - It looks like Str8jacket just started screaming at BoC and insulting them w/o any reason (impression confirmed by str8's apologies in @@6 today), GuinevereAnne IG blocked *CO* and warned us with a chatlog

(Thank you for that Guinevere ;) ).

2- Most of the time, any so-called 'drama' comes from the persons answering the OP and blowing things out of proportion (see Leprikon as well for a prime example of this) :icon4:

Could we just treat those posts for what they are: information and warnings?

revi

I think this is useful information... a good warning. I am glad you posted this, thanks :)

Also... my god.. how immature some people can be, lol...

Ty Guine, #ig may be a good thing to stop the abuse but at least now other users know what he is like and what to expect. So yes this is a valid post.

Regards Davy

I think this is useful information... a good warning. I am glad you posted this, thanks :)

Imagine if every time someone receives #ig's that contain course language and are uncalled for were posted in disputes, it'd be a veritable flood.

There's periods of my EL life where I could've filled the whole first page every single day. xD

the point, i think, is that it was completely random and uncalled for...and were all those "periods of your EL life" random and uncalled for?

Edited by hobobob38

Imagine if every time someone receives #ig's that contain course language and are uncalled for were posted in disputes, it'd be a veritable flood.

There's periods of my EL life where I could've filled the whole first page every single day. xD

Yeah, I can see your point especially if it happens too often. There are better ways of dealing with it anyway.

Not going to make any friends on either side of the discussion,

but on a sidenote:

The version of the rules displayed ingame states as rule Nr.1 that players are to use appropriate language. It is not limited to specific ways of communication(e.g. local chat in populated areas, official channels, PMs, etc.). Now when somebody reports a case where this is violated, he/she is told to use methods for filtering out such content of the chatsystem. Of course this rule can't seriously be enforced by kicks and bans all the time or EL would loose half of its playerbase and on channel 6 you'd hear the persistent chirring of the cicadas.

Since the ingame list is the primary source of information for anyone on what is allowed and what is not though, a rule manifested there but not enforced might dilute the players' belief in the enforcement of the whole set of rules. Thus i'd like to suggest either the complete removal of this rule from the list or a partition of the list into weak and strong rules. Since, again, by the current version somebody who got away with namecalling might be led to believe he'd get away with outright cheating as well.

Which leads to unnecessary work for the mods.

PS: If the current version of the ingame rules differs from mine (i'm using bluap's precompiled cvs-client) in that aspect, ignore this whole post.

Not going to make any friends on either side of the discussion,

but on a sidenote:

The version of the rules displayed ingame states as rule Nr.1 that players are to use appropriate language. It is not limited to specific ways of communication(e.g. local chat in populated areas, official channels, PMs, etc.). Now when somebody reports a case where this is violated, he/she is told to use methods for filtering out such content of the chatsystem. Of course this rule can't seriously be enforced by kicks and bans all the time or EL would loose half of its playerbase and on channel 6 you'd hear the persistent chirring of the cicadas.

Since the ingame list is the primary source of information for anyone on what is allowed and what is not though, a rule manifested there but not enforced might dilute the players' belief in the enforcement of the whole set of rules. Thus i'd like to suggest either the complete removal of this rule from the list or a partition of the list into weak and strong rules. Since, again, by the current version somebody who got away with namecalling might be led to believe he'd get away with outright cheating as well.

Which leads to unnecessary work for the mods.

PS: If the current version of the ingame rules differs from mine (i'm using bluap's precompiled cvs-client) in that aspect, ignore this whole post.

Where does it say that the violation of any rule results in banning? It doesn't, it says it's at the discrtion of moderators to determine punishment on a case by case basis.

He changed guild to DB4D, if you want to block that as well.

Nothing wrong with a bit of flames in #IG, but what he did was rather random and rude *thumbs down*