Will: 4/4 Inorganic: 0/0

Instinct: 4/4 Artificial: 0/0

Vitality: 4/4 Magic: 0/0

Attack: 12

Defense: 12

Overall: 18

Pickpoints: 16

Spent: 2 (on two Coordination)

I want to be an awesome fighter, but I don't know which perks or attributes to take. People keep saying instinct and reasoning and stuff, but why do fighters need charm and etherality and stuff? I'm not extremely fussed about massive amounts of xp, I just want to have a great build. It seems pointless to get attributes fighters don't need purely for xp if you want to be as strong as possible.

I want to only get physique and coordination if possible, because they are the ones that give the fighter advantages to me. Other attributes are geared towards mixing and summoning and stuff.

The perks I think I should get:

Capes:

No More Tears

Excavator (little point in getting this if you have the cape)

Monster Magnetism (perk would be useless later on)

Perks:

Body Piercing

Mirror Skin

Evanescence

Fatal Man

There Is No Fork

I Glow In The Dark

Powersaving

Fast Regeneration

Careful Guy -- maybe? (expensive, doesn't do a whole lot)

Antisocial -- maybe?

Godless -- maybe?

Scotty Died -- maybe?

Powerhungry -- (in place of powersaving, possibly use powersaving cape in conjunction with powerhungry)

Can someone confirm the powerhungry theory with the cape?

The perks I've listed are mainly geared towards fighting. They're pretty much all the perks that will help a fighter. The negative perks are the least negative I've found, as the others (such as GB) are very bad).

I'm also confused about gods. It seems like the Godless perk would be useful, but I'm not sure.

I also don't know how this whole gap thing works. People say a gap between A/D is good.

Can someone offer advise towards the things I've said and other general stuff? Thanks!

Don't take any perk except NMT (and even that u can remove later w/ stone if u so decide, but it'll be easier for you to take the perk for now than afford cape).

Take small amounts of phys coord and vit. Then muddle your way through to 55 def. Then follow my guide: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51536

All this considering and thought your putting into perk choice is pointless for now, if you don't have decent a/d/attribs, none of it will matter. Come back to perk considerations once you're way higher a/d.

fin.

Edited by Korrode

Inst, reas and vitality are good to take at least at some point. Phys and coord increases the damage you make to mobs which normally makes you lose exp. Take decent p/c and then some inst and vit at first. You hit low but block mobs easily and don't take much damage from crits. You can also take some reas to increase your damageexperience (failed :P), make your magic stronger and hit more easily.

Also later when you have max p/c (48/48), the only way you can increase your chance to hit / block / reduce damage is to take reas / inst / vit. That's why they are popular among the fighters even they don't need other cross attributes they have.

If you take "awesome" max damage yber build at this point, you don't get any benefit from it since you still can't PK or kill higher mobs because of your low a/d. So at first you need decent training build and train your a/d higher. Later, when you are on higher mobs, you can take more p/c to add damage and also start PKing.

Perks:

Body Piercing

Mirror Skin

Evanescence

Fatal Man

There Is No Fork

I Glow In The Dark

Powersaving

Fast Regeneration

Careful Guy -- maybe? (expensive, doesn't do a whole lot)

Don't take any of these perks. They are pretty useless for normal fighter and just makes you weaker. Eva perk is useful later when you're fighting higher mobs that crit you often. Tinf is useful in PK, invasion or if you want to make def char. Others are mostly useless (edit: As perks, you can get those perks from capes too) and too expensive.

Also imo NMT perk is useless, just harv some time and buy the cape. You have more PPs to use on attributes like vitality, that also reduses the break rate of armor. That's just my opinion and it's up to you if you think it's worth to use 7 PP to such perk instead of paying 350-400k for cape.

Antisocial -- maybe?

Godless -- maybe?

Scotty Died -- maybe?

Powerhungry -- (in place of powersaving, possibly use powersaving cape in conjunction with powerhungry)

Antisocial - IMO it's good perk for a fighter if you don't mix a lot and need to sell stuff to NPC. Just get couple friends who can buy you st00f from NPC if needed.

Godless - Don't take it unless you have really high lvls. In long run you lose more PPs than get from it.

Scotty died - Free PPs, take it.

PH - Same, free PPs, take it.

Edit: But yeah as korrode said, you don't really need any neg perks yet. Or if you really want to take them, don't put all PPs on p/c. Add some inst and vit to increase your chance to block and vitality to reduce the damage you take. Makes training easier and cheaper.

Edit2: I suggest using korrode's combat guides too when you hit 55 def. But also using your own sense isn't bad thing, just do whatever works best on you. Also attribute removals aren't that expensive nowadays so you can always swap them around w/o resetting (at higher lvls, at lower lvls you don't really lose that much so you can just reset). So just try things and see how they work. And find a good guild with experienced fighters.

Edited by Miiks

Basic Attributes: Nexus:

Physique: 4/4 Human: 0/0

Coordination: 6/6 Animal: 0/0

Reasoning: 4/4 Vegetal: 0/0

Will: 4/4 Inorganic: 0/0

Instinct: 4/4 Artificial: 0/0

Vitality: 4/4 Magic: 0/0

Attack: 12

Defense: 12

Overall: 18

Pickpoints: 16

Spent: 2 (on two Coordination)

I want to be an awesome fighter, but I don't know which perks or attributes to take. People keep saying instinct and reasoning and stuff, but why do fighters need charm and etherality and stuff? I'm not extremely fussed about massive amounts of xp, I just want to have a great build. It seems pointless to get attributes fighters don't need purely for xp if you want to be as strong as possible.

I want to only get physique and coordination if possible, because they are the ones that give the fighter advantages to me. Other attributes are geared towards mixing and summoning and stuff.

The perks I think I should get:

Capes:

No More Tears

Excavator (little point in getting this if you have the cape)

Monster Magnetism (perk would be useless later on)

Perks:

Body Piercing

Mirror Skin

Evanescence

Fatal Man

There Is No Fork

I Glow In The Dark

Powersaving

Fast RegenerationGodless -- maybe?

Scotty Died -- maybe?

Can someone confirm the powerhungry theory with the cape?

The perks I've listed are mainly geared towards fighting. They're pretty much all the perks that will help a fighter. The negative perks are the least negative I've found, as the others (such as GB) are very bad).

I'm also confused about gods. It seems like the Godless perk would be useful, but I'm not sure.

I also don't know how this whole gap thing works. People say a gap between A/D is good.

Can someone offer advise towards the things I've said and other general stuff? Thanks!

DON'T get Godless. if you want to be a fighter, getting the def/atk and magic god is necessary to level quickly.

Ok about the perks, there are only two positive perks you should consider taking for a fighter. Evanescence is good (always had it myself), and There Is No Fork is optional. It really helps with multi training or PK, but i would say if your going to take it, take it once you get to cyclops or feros.

As for the negative perks, Antisocial is good because you can always find someone to buy/sell stuff from/to a npc, scotty died is good because you can always walk or buy IP rings, and Power Hungry is good to for obvious reasons.

But other than that, i would suggest to follow my guide (although korrode's is also pretty good) My leveling guide