Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chr0nik

Heavybeard repairs bronze armor pieces

I know additional repair options have been suggested, but nothing specific to bronze armor (that I could find) tho posts like this one probably include it. Anyway, I wanted bronze armors singled out specifically because the armor is much more useful since it was improved in August of 09. While dragon armors are also not repairable and quite expensive, there is at least demand for the damaged pieces. As far as I can tell there is virtually no market for damaged/degraded bronze pieces and the penalties for continuing to use it are significant in that armor is reduced and accuracy is decreased.

That being said, in line with the other metal armors Heavybeard repairs, I think bronze pieces should be something like this (I believe the shield just poofs rather than degrades:)

• Damaged Bronze Greave, 60/40 repair rate, ~2kgc repair cost
  • Damaged Bronze Cuisses, 60/40 repair rate, ~2.5kgc repair cost
  • Degraded Bronze Plate Mail, 50/50 repair rate, ~6kgc repair cost

I actually support this idea.

I don't see how repairing Bronze would hurt us in anyway. It would actually help the market in the fact that it would give us a new thing to buy/sell etc.

great idea, maybe it would be nice to fix them after u complete a quest for heavybeard

Edited by Mistral

great idea, maybe it would be nice to fix them after u complete a quest for heavybeard

Yes, an opportunity for a quest, and something useful to be implimented.

Hmmm so far everyone's being supportive of this good idea... that's not really the EL forums way... to keep up the status quo, I better be against it for no good reason.

Down with this horrible suggestion i say!

Both are good ideas, the quest and players repair. There are no objects that players can make and degrade which the players should not be able to repair. It is senseless for someone be able to create something and not be able to repair. Additional ingredients and roll vs skill like creation should be included but ingredients should be less than making item new.

Both are good ideas, the quest and players repair. There are no objects that players can make and degrade which the players should not be able to repair. It is senseless for someone be able to create something and not be able to repair. Additional ingredients and roll vs skill like creation should be included but ingredients should be less than making item new.

1. Remember this is a fantasy game. There is no such thing as "senseless" because I bet we could make a pretty big list of "senseless" and "not realistic".

2. Usually there is a bigger picture involved when things are decided what can or can't, will or won't be done. You the new player aren't in a position to know why something is the way it is so having such a negative attitude about something you know nothing about is not really "sensible" now is it. ;)

Please reconsider implementing this. Today I damaged titanium shield but fixed it. Then I damaged a bronze plate mail. It costs 90k gcs to buy a new one. Drops don't even cover a quarter of that.

So please reconsider making them repairable by heavybeard. Thank you in advance.