Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Website testing

A very nice refresh. :icon13: As it happens, I also had a double take with the quest text, only a couple of seconds hesitation but, I did wonder for a moment. I can only assume that such humour is sometimes not as obviously apparent as one might think; call it selective reading if you wish. :P

Anyhow, what does not appear to be selective reading is that the game time appears to be wrong. It may well have been wrong before the update but it is wrong now. Game time is 5:45 but the website shows 0:38. I have refreshed and it does change when I refresh, in fact it says 0:39 now. I presume this is server side php or similar but I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 on Ubuntu 10.04 Linux.

Also, personally, I don't like the idea of implying the "Kill X of creature" quests are 'dumb' and that the quests where you must carefully read NPC dialogue and look for clues, etc. are 'cool'/'good'.

I am not saying it is dumb, but it's the stereotypical MMO quest, and it is usually less challenging than more complex quests.

Roja, the graphics do not show up above the typing, the only graphics showing appear to be the greenery from the old site look. The navigation bar is missing. The border/scroll design behind list on left side is not there, etc, etc. The appearance is quite different so a screenshot would probably best illustrate the appearance. Note: I did not crop the image so you can see what appears (or doesn't appear) at the top of the screen.

Here is a link to a screenshot:

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp78/mylilcorneroftheworld/EL%20pics/?action=view&current=elhomepageonfirefox.jpg

You suck at the internets. Click "reload".

That's easy to avoid.

add this to .htaccess and it'll force no caching of html, css and js. Normally it's bandwidth consuming pictures that you want cached so this won't affect your webserver's performance. I used to do that in old guild's webpage. It makes ISPs not cache html/css/js. Just a suggestion. As korrode said, shift reload forces bypassing cache.

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
<FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|js|css|php)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
</FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

It'd be really great if this could link to my deviant art page http://kseth.deviantart.com/ . Thanks!

on : http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/races.php

Although they also show compassion, kindness, and generousity when the times are right. - generosity

The Elves are very knowledgable, and harbor a great repository of historical books in libraries - knowledgeable

They don't travel too much, prefering the warmth - preferring

They buid the most sturdy and elaborate structures, the most accurately carved statues, and exquisite jewelry - build

Another skill of their's is map making - theirs

And not to forget their unsatiable curiosity for trying - insatiable

I have tried to check in US as opposed to English!

Developers :

ks_copy,www.miseryincorporated.com (website for sale)

Antonio Trigo, anthry@hotmail.com, www.antoniotrigo.com reroutes to http://www.myspace.com/elalmabonsai (change link?)

Download page

• Also, please make sure you have a harware accelerated video card, with at least 32 MB of video memory, that supports at least OpenGL 1.3 natively. hardware

There are many quests, ranging from "Kill 10 rats" to "Kill 20 rats".

that's not too awe-inspiring :devlish: (Home page)

Perhaps you should learn how not to read stuff selectively?

:/ I must say I had the same response when I read it. I just didn't mention it.