Eternal Lands Official Forums
ferngale

Earned Rounder Perk

I do not post often here, not because I don't care. Only because others say it better than I can.

I want to suggest a new perk. One for Rounders. For players that have spent many hours developing more than a few skills, and for mid-level players as a way to encourage them to branch out and try new things, and for younglings as something to strive for if they have the time and the stamina.

There's been the vaunted "Quad Club", (4 skills over 100) more recently there are even folks with five and I've heard whispers of more.

Harvesting mini events are a blessing for younglings in terms of exp and extra gc. Harvesting mini events are a annoyance for a Mid-Level player. For a 100+ Alcher, they are a bane. More than an interruption to check that you aren't totally afk harving to gain gc. More than a check to see that you aren't just idly harving to pass the time while engaging in "important debate". They have their reasons and though many railed against them at first, we adapted.

Requirements:

At least 4 skills over level 100

No skill less than level 30

Benefit:

No more mini harving events.

Drawback:

No more mini harving events. No extra gc, No extra harving exp.

Cost:

30 Oranges - just like the Big Belly Perk

I never said this should be easy.

Thoughts? Flames? Ideas?

Ferny

If its something that results in no minis then i like it. :) Sounds fairly reasonable as well. i doubt even the most dedicated harvester alt builders are making chars with all skills @ 30, and 4 over 100. Plus 30 oranges just to be sure. Looooooong term goals.

I do like the idea - of a reward for leveling all skills however not sure that the qualifier of 4 over is an all rounder - the all over 30 is a better indicator - or perhaps all skills in top 500 in game.

Nice idea

I must say this is a very well written proposal.

It is definitely a very good idea. It's not easy to attain because four 100+ level skills + 30 oranges + level 30 in all other skills isn't something someone can accomplish over night. It will also exclude harvesting alts because how many harvesting alts have four skills above 100? It also rewards people who show dedication and provides an incentive for others to get more skills up.

Edited by hussam

Well level 100 A/D, harvesting and alc is not so hard to get, might only take some time.

Level 30 in all skill is harder because you need nexus for many, like summoning (or you need summon millions of rats ), and to spend pp on a skill only to get level 30 can be a problem for some players.

30 oranges ? would it not give both perks at the same time ?

Maybe some of the never leaving game capes, like arti or 30 perk removal stones ?

Hmm.. can always make this quest only available after completing the big belly quest so another 30 oranges.

Hmm.. can always make this quest only available after completing the big belly quest so another 30 oranges.

I don't wamt to do the big belly quest so even if I had the levels can I not have this ?

Well level 100 A/D, harvesting and alc is not so hard to get, might only take some time.

Level 30 in all skill is harder because you need nexus for many, like summoning (or you need summon millions of rats ), and to spend pp on a skill only to get level 30 can be a problem for some players.

There are nexus transfer stones now. You can move the nexus around as you need too.

I don't wamt to do the big belly quest so even if I had the levels can I not have this ?

There are always other stuff that can be requested by quest NPC. So if it is replaced by 30 serpent stones (for example), it doesn't have to be related to big belly quest.

Edited by hussam

I like this idea. Requiring 4 skills over 100 and all over 30 ensures no simple harvest alts could ever get it.

No harvesting alts will reach all over 30 on its own alone. Four skills above 100 is quite overkill IMHO.

Personally, I think this idea is way to hard, and would require a much better reward than just no mini-events. No mini's would be much more appropriate for something more harvest related, perhaps even something simple like achieving some harvest level (100, 120?). Makes a lot more role-play sense: you get more skilled, to get stopped less often.

After all, mini-events were added during the battle to reduce gc farming. So how many harvest alts or gc farming chars have a harvest level of 100 (or higher)? But I digress...

After all, mini-events were added during the battle to reduce gc farming. So how many harvest alts or gc farming chars have a harvest level of 100 (or higher)? But I digress...

I wonder if the damages by the gc farmers were lesser than the agonizing harvesting or large volumes of plants i.e. caused by mini-events (and don't say harvesting medallion please, ordinary plants should not require anything rather pricey to collect...)...

I can't see a lot of people working for it...mainly cause the time invested to build skilsl to 100, could just be the time reclicking the harvestable?

I don't think I could do it... mainly cause of the oranges... pr0 mixers aren't really rich, it would cost a lot of gc to get the oranges unless you get them yourself (HA.... good luck to you).

Perhaps something more reasonable.. as it is, oranges are already in demand cause of the belly perk. I like the idea of using the overabundance stones that aren't used... even if it takes quite a bit.

The all skills to level 30 would be fair too, but perhaps... not enough, let's face it, there's double exp days :D Maybe levels 45-50 is more like it?. I think the 4x 100 levels is more worthy.

Which would be faster? 12 skills to 45 or 4 skills to 100?

awesome idea - a good benefit for the people who spent thousands of hours getting those levels :)

and again, not something harvest alts can easily abuse either

Edited by Winkz

Lexi, you have to have 4 skills over 100 AND the other over 30

Then that could work :)