Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nova

spartan_warrior/onuris

In early July of this year Spartan_Warrior petitioned to join LNX. We were impressed by his enthusiasm both for learning to use Linux and EL itself. Several of the members had had good experiences with him in former guilds or just day to day life in the game and there were no dispute type posts about him on forums so he was voted in on good faith.

Very early in Spartan's membership a problem arose involving hyperbags in LION's birthday celebration. Spartan found and took some of the bags early and was unreachable for explanation for a long time. Though Spartan was new to LNX some of the guild mates covered the items taken in a sign of good faith that Spartan's actions were not malicious. We were rewarded in our faith in a new guild mate when Spartan returned the items, explaining that he had overlooked the delayed start time of the contest.

From then on Spartan_Warrior proved to be an excellent guild mate, helping members new to the game, participating in guild projects, running instances, saving death bags, doing favors, and being a generally good guy. Several members loaned him expensive items like dragon armor, nmt capes, rostos, and various weapons always getting them back when he was done.

For several months 10 LNX members have been working on a project to make 1000 hydro bars, Spartan_Warrior included. To make such a large project easier, we purchased a guild storage bot and all 10 participants were given permission to use it. The project was 45% complete.

Yesterday Spartan_Warrior emptied our guild storage bot, left the guild, and paid for a name change. He is now called Onuris. He has not responded to PMs questioning him about this and was seen in channel 3 selling iron ore, steel and iron bars, FE, and hydro ore.

I hit you with this wall of text so that you have the best possible chance of understanding just how far Spartan/Onuris will go if you have something he wants. He will smile at your face while hiding a dagger behind his back for months.

LNX's spirit has been badly bruised by one we considered a friend and fellow penguin. We urge other guilds not to fall for Spartan_Warrior/Onuris' false friendship. He has proven that he is capable of running the long con. He patiently waited in our ranks, gaining trust and speaking with a forked tongue only to make off like a thief in the night taking with him the combined hard work of several months.

We try to play a good and honest game in the hopes that other players and guilds will respond in kind and while we know and accept that there are a few out there who play the outlaw side of the game we never expected to be hurt this way by one we considered our own. We call on the community that we enjoy so much to help us in our time of need. If you feel that this kind of behavior should not be allowed to pass without some kind of retribution then please ban Spartan_Warrior/Onuris from your bots, do not buy from him in market, do not accept him into your guilds, if you are in the habit of Pking untrustworthy people or those who do dishonest things... well Onuris is capable of turning on his brethren, I have a hard time thinking of something more dishonest and untrustworthy then that.

Edit* sorry forgot the screen shot proof of emptying the bot. http://reptileroom.net/elstuff/spartan-raid5.jpg

and of spartan selling hydro related stuff. http://pastebin.com/xs9VtqZA]

Edited by Nova

Yeah. He helpfully pointed out when my bot was misbehaving. Guess he figured out the pattern and drained 3.5m of our gc too. I see that he has read the above posting. Hopefully he will be kind enough to surrender.

The dogbreath (el-services) bots are taken down right now because of him too.

In addition to wiping out our sto bot (which he was authorized on), he was abusing a bug to get gc from trade bots. That is what drakos refers to above (I was getting some questions on this).

Edited by Quesar

i'm sure at this point we're all angry. i'm sure we've got a 'pylapoop' of stuff to say which would deserve 10 tons of soap to wash our mouthes out with. however, i also think that all 10 (or, perhaps 9) knew that this project would be a long, slow, drawn-out process, which means that we weren't necessarily doing it for the money. we did this in our spare time, and without trying to sound sappy, we did this to bring lnx together.

and you know what? we accomplished just that, even up to this very point when i hit the submit button. yeah, we start back from square 1 with hydro bar ings, but we aren't going back to the way we were before august as a guild. with this project, we were able to weed out (indeed involuntarily) someone who undoubtedly would have caused problems down the road, huge expensive project underway or not.

so, do we come out the ones on the bottom? nope. i never entered this project for the gc. i'm sure some of you know me as the crazy orchan lady who gives away the nmts she finds on fluffs. i never do things for gc earning, and try to give back what i can. and i'm sure that the rest of us 9 true lnx'ers entered the project for more reasons than just personal accomplishments and growth. we /are/ stronger than before, even if down a couple hydro bars.

so.. without further ado.. back to the fe cave pl0x?? :pickaxe: the pengiun must fly.

ps goodbye old spartan. will miss our music conversations. truly, i hope you don't think you are somehow 'edgy' for this stunt because.. it was rather stupid.

Edited by leahatwood

what. the. fuck.

SW, considering our conversations since I joined LNX, I'm really surprised you'd do this.

We became friends even before I was accepted into the guild. It's sad that now when I see you all i'll think is "scum".

Hey, SW.

You messed up big-time this time. You're a kid with a lot of potential, but you've really disappointed your friends with this behavior.

I'm sure the rush from your plan's success was fun. Please take a little time to really think about it. If you find the adrenaline gone and that you regret your abysmal behavior, own up to it. Make arrangements to return the stuff, apologize to everyone, come back and start over, guildless (but not necessarily friendless).

If instead, you think the lulz were worth it... good luck in life, but i don't think you'll have much fun in EL.

I am very very shocked at this i allways thought spartan was a top guy cant believe he would do such a thing why the best thing about earning things your self is that you done it with no help and made the target all that work and time that was that was put in that guild to get all that and someone does that wow very shocked :(

The funny thing is, its probably not even worth the trouble of doing this horrible deed.

How many people will ban him from their bots?

How many will not trade with him?

How many will simply ignore him completely?

For a person as social as him, to play a game where you are shunned would reduce how he enjoys the game.

And yet, if he has not sold the things he stole, there is a chance for them to be returned still. Can always hope I guess.

To LNX who I saw working hard in the mines on a few occasions, really, hardluck :\ Hope you guys have motivation left to do another project ;)

Based on the conversation I had with him, I think it is highly unlikely he will return the items :/ He doesn't think online friendships are real.

one of the best scamming in EL

Honestly gratz to the dude that pulled it off (for the reasons that frost said)

best lesson ever , dont trust anyone that u actually dont know.

Never believed at guild projects

anyway

To be honest at developers, guild issues need lots of work , honestly ranking should play a part in guild,

Fix guilds so they can be more than a chat/non attack feature in game

Edited by Mistral

that someone would do this literally makes me sick. Unfortunately my intuition was right on this guy, oh well, I guess we have another one to mass dispise.

anyway

To be honest at developers, guild issues need lots of work , honestly ranking should play a part in guild,

Thank you. Always interesting to hear someone's reaction, however most of the congratulations were not public forum posts, so for that sir, you are brave.

anyway

Thank you. Always interesting to hear someone's reaction, however most of the congratulations were not public forum posts, so for that sir, you are brave.

Yeah awesome scam. Got himself banned in record time and everything

I always knew SW was a noob....always hanging around DPa untill he joined LNX, talked to him quite a few times, i surpose we was "freinds" but according to SW there can't be online friends :P Sorry for your losses, I won''t be trading, helping or even talking to SW for a long time, if he returned the stuff...(doubtfull) he will still be on my ingore list;) When i have spare time on EL, i'll try to help you from your losses ;)

Hail LNX ,

Although this Player will un-doubtably do more name-changes, we at Poundin' You (#nU) Guild will ALSO Block this Player and Alt's name from our Trade Bots.

ImO I think Players who are 3bul should be Color Tagged Black for EVIL PLAYER STATUS for ALL of Eternal Lands to see. It's only right that we should know who were dealing with since we cannot "place a face" on the Character / Player in an on-line Game such as EL, Combat Arms, Rohan's Blood Feud, et.cetra...

As a Personal note to you all at LNX, I am sorry that this happened to you.

From the stand-point od a GM's perspective, I see the value placed on higher level Players with nice EMU's...as well as their A/D, Magic and what-not...but once again I see it bite the hand that feeds...and it makes me wonder if I should go back to schooling and grooming n44biez for their abilities again. But I cant in all honesty do that, because I know it's not for the good of the Guild, but for My Own Good...and that is not right, so I refuse to do it.

That places me,as a GM, back into the same bracket, hoping that the next Player we vote in will not do us wrong.

Relying on the principal of: "Blind Faith" in bringing in a Player to your Family / Guild is always a risky thing...but as my R-L Brother has shown me over and over again and again, even Family can and will turn on you when the timing is right. Bottom line ? Trust your Gut Instinct and do what is best for the good of the Guild and keep on Truckin' while the Wicked fall to the way-side like the Chaff from the Wheat.

Your Friends at Poundin' You (#nU) Guild,

and Tokie

ImO I think Players who are 3bul should be Color Tagged Black for EVIL PLAYER STATUS for ALL of Eternal Lands to see.

would be nice and set it also for all his bots / alts...

Lnx guild would like to take this opportunity to thank the many many people and guilds who expressed their sympathy. We received many offers of help and donations toward another project. We were initially turning down offers of help but then we realized that people were acting out of the goodness in their hearts and were trying to show us that there are still good, honest, and trustworthy people in the game. So thank you all who offered sympathy or help to our guild. Special thanks to:

Creedka and PL guild

Smeegle

Cajun_belle and BOC guild

Norm

Ferny, Awn, Bromer, and Stone and Riva guild

Pyromaniac and Caliphear

PaulB

Koddy

l33t

Delight and =pi= guild

DragonCairne

If i missed anyone please let me know. Several members were taking donations and its hard to keep track of that much kindness.

Edited by Nova