Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fox_macloud

Was I banned because i was in 60's invasion zone ?

what kind of game is that? despot ? where's the right of go and come ? anyway, I yet train with cycs sometimes, and in the map where I was it's full of cycs what's the problem with that ?

So that is the directive of the game? "If u don't do what I order, you will be kicked" ?? I guess what all you responsible for the game have to be more flexible with certain causes.

And to finish! I didn't know what is prohibit stay in a map of invasion that is below of your lvl!

Sorry my english, I don't speak very well and I hope that missunderstood have been resolved!

Anyway thanks for the atention!

Yes, you have been locked for 3 days for going into an invasion map with higher a/d then allowed for that map. Invasions are made to be a challange and provide some fun for players of all levels. There are often events held in this game that require people to follow certain rules. The messages where broad cast in big blue letters for all players to see MANY times. If you need google translate, then I suggest you use it, or ask a friend to explain. This is certainly not the first capped invasion we have had, and I am certain you are familure with the process and the rules.

Yes, the government system here is despotism.

You also agreed with some rules when you started playing, one of them saying "Obey contest rules". Invasions are contests hosted by moderators for the benefit of all players who enjoy them. In order for them to be enjoyed by as many players are possible, we have caps limits, so the strong players won't kill them all. You were warned multipel times about the caps, and chose to ignore the warnings.

If i may, why not when doing a capped invasion, program up a little something that actually blocks the characters above the cap from attacking the invasion monster? Im no programmer, but doesnt sound like a difficult task, and we wouldnt have pissy banned characters to deal with :)

If i may, why not when doing a capped invasion, program up a little something that actually blocks the characters above the cap from attacking the invasion monster? Im no programmer, but doesnt sound like a difficult task, and we wouldnt have pissy banned characters to deal with :)

As far as i know, Some Invasions are done by players that must not have access to the full server code.

To program that would mean grant access to this players (and potentialy hackers) to some areas of the server, where maybe they dont have to access.

I say that, with the full knowledge that Invasions moderators would not use this power bad, and im very THANKFULL to them.

I just think that implement something like that would not worth the invested time, and the potencial security issues

It is not so simple. You would need to prevent not only attacking monsters, but also being attacked by it, also attacking players (if it is in PK area), also bag stealing and probabelly much more thinkgs and it will not still the result you want.

Much better is to declare A/D level in blue letters and obey rules. And ban those, who do not obey rules.