Eternal Lands Official Forums
Nova

Idea for new potion

What about a potion for harvesters kind of like the AP potion for rangers? Call it 'non stop potion' and each one you take decreases mini events by XX%. Once you take them all you can harv with no mini's. People who want to get rid of mini events can and its a gold sink that should actually get used if it works the same as the AP pots where you can buy up to 60 for 15k each.

Interesting :) Would be nice.

Have to object to the idea, sorry.

I don't think mini events were introduced just to have everybody spend ~1 million gc to get rid of 'em again.

And for those who're desperate to get rid of the main effect of mini events, to make you stop harvesting, there are harvester medallions.

And those are a superior, since continuous, moneysink.

I don't think mini events were introduced just to have everybody spend ~1 million gc to get rid of 'em again.

And for those who're desperate to get rid of the main effect of mini events, to make you stop harvesting, there are harvester medallions.

I can't see them as a money sink, since as far as I know, you can't buy them from the npc. You can buy them from players, but I always thought a money sink was taking money out of the game, not just shifting from player to player.

I can't see them as a money sink, since as far as I know, you can't buy them from the npc. You can buy them from players, but I always thought a money sink was taking money out of the game, not just shifting from player to player.

When they poof the gc leaves the game! And boy do they poof!

Let's look at how a trade looks, you trade two things of equal value, a medallion from person a, 7500gc from person b. So both sides have just traded equal values. You now go harvest something, your harvest medallion breaks. You just destroyed 7500 gc.

You now go harvest something, your harvest medallion breaks. You just destroyed 7500 gc.

No, you destroyed the harvested ings that were used to make the medallion. The 7500gc is still in game. The only way it would be a gc sink is if you paid an NPC for the medallion so the gc was no longer in the game.

Lexi and Hobobob38 have it correct, it's not a money sink unless the gc has left the game.

But a potion purchased from an NPC and then consumed would be a money sink as that gc is gone.

And as a footnote, I too like this idea. Most farmers aren't going to spend 500K or more to stop mini-events. The RoI just isn't there.

Yes the gc is in the game, but the gc you had, your item had a value worth of gc at any given point. That value was destroyed, ergo, gc was destroyed.

Edited by Spartan_Warrior

Yes the gc is in the game, but the gc you had, your item had a value worth of gc at any given point. That value was destroyed, ergo, gc was destroyed.

So by your definition, every HE that is used to do a restore is a gc sink also. Sorry, that's just not the accepted definition of a gc sink in EL.

Yes, technically 7500 gc is not destroyed, but you're sto is now worth 7500 gc less than what it was before the breakage.

Yes, and the other person's is worth 7500 gc more.

You can let it go now. The standard definition of a gc sink is gc LEAVING the game. GC moving between people/storage/bot/etc is not leaving the game. You can argue the point all you want, but if the gc didn't leave the game it's not a sink (again, by the accepted definition).

Alternatively, if you just need to have the last word, let me know and I'll allow you that small "win".

Some of the GC is moved in the way that when I buy a harv med someone else will get the GC and i when the harv med poofs i will have to get another one.

If the person mixing the harv med is buying the bars from the NPC instead of wasting GC on getting all the ingreds by themself that GC is poofed out of the game if you do it from scratch yourself the GC just gets transfered to another player and nothing poofs.

As for the suggestion well I would not use the pots, i rather use my harv meds and get rich instead :P

As for the suggestion well I would not use the pots, i rather use my harv meds and get rich instead :P

I'd rather not spend 7k every other day to make a new medallion. I'd rather do something like blow all the gc up front for some sort of potion that will stop the minis or do a quest where the reward is no minis so I won't have to think about it anymore. Why does there have to be only 1 way to do something in this game?

same here, some people need to learn mini events arent a bad thing :P

And some people need to learn what is considered good or bad varies from person to person. Some people like them and some people don't.

Perhaps it would be a good reward for a harvesting quest similar to manu, pot, and alch tutorial. you have to harv 100 or so of every ore/flower/mineral/misc

EDIT: Though that may be a little cheap, could raise it to 1k or something like that.

Edited by Eternity

Some of the GC is moved in the way that when I buy a harv med someone else will get the GC and i when the harv med poofs i will have to get another one.

If the person mixing the harv med is buying the bars from the NPC instead of wasting GC on getting all the ingreds by themself that GC is poofed out of the game if you do it from scratch yourself the GC just gets transfered to another player and nothing poofs.

I have actually bought the matter Essences for the conglomerates, but that's about it :P

I know it was off subject, but was just saying, I occasionally buy something to speed up the process. I can still make a tad profit (that is, If I sold the item).

But this idea would be nice mostly because I have been without a harv med for 2 weeks now, haven't had time to make any :P I is a busy person in real life. And yes, I could BUY one.. but honestly, I would be poor. I guess I will have to just keep pressing the flower every 5 seconds, until I have time to buld a harv med, part of the game! :)

I'd rather not spend 7k every other day to make a new medallion. I'd rather do something like blow all the gc up front for some sort of potion that will stop the minis or do a quest where the reward is no minis so I won't have to think about it anymore. Why does there have to be only 1 way to do something in this game?

When i was harvesting for my reset project i started to keep track (well semi track) of how much GC i got from the minievents and the gold bags with one harv med and well all in all i am more on the plus side even though i broke alot of the harv meds.

One med i had gave me the cost of 3.5 harv meds back in GC (i even had some guild contests where my guildies had to guess how much GC i had in my inv and the closest one would win it and it was always over 10kgc in the pot and i did it 3-4 times before i needed the GC to buy a new med for) and another poofed after just minutes but all in all i made a profit using one.

Guess it is all about the luck some have it some don't but i broke 5 harv meds in one day and on the other side i had the same harv med on for weeks..

I never said i was against it i just said that i wouldn't use the pots.