Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Forum skin

Ya seems the issue appearing in FF isn't universal.

I also just for kicks checked both Windows XP and Linux (Arch). No problems either place so that doesn't seem to be the trigger either.

Looks like the 'zoom' issue in FF is related to the 'zoom text only' option:

Using that, and zooming in to get larger text shifts the mouse-over labels, but not the graphics,

Having the 'text only' option disabled keeps graphics and mouse-overs aligned (more or less) ... (logical ;) )

But, there's a reason some like to zoom only the text:

I find the default text sizes too small for easy reading (that is using the fonts specified by the page)

but graphics don't like zooming and end up looking horrible...

And please note that the position of the mouse-overs is the position of the actual hyper-links...

Might it be possible to have the graphics for the labels ('Home', 'Forums', etc) as separate graphics, so everything stays aligned?

Might it be possible to have the graphics for the labels ('Home', 'Forums', etc) as separate graphics, so everything stays aligned?

If you know how to code it into the forums..sure :P I don't, so I used a sort of cheat making the font invisible. The forum code is quite complex and I didn't want to mess with it more than necessary.

..Actually I did just think of something I can try. Will do it later and see if it works.

That isnt a Firefox problem.

Zoom in and out (make the font bigger and smaller) and see how the links and the search input field wander across the screen.

The problem is you must use the exact zoom level roja used when she created the graphics.

...Now only if the game itself and the main site got an update....

:rolleyes:

How's that dead-horse beating working for you? Maybe you and your First-Impressionist friend can go make your own shiny newfangled golden-question-marky game yourselves, geesh.

Much, much, much better! Now only if the game itself and the main site got an update....

Right, because it's not like we update the game every 2 weeks or so.

The problem is you must use the exact zoom level roja used when she created the graphics.

Just the default, 100% zoom level.

I did View -> Zoom -> Reset and it's still the same. I'm running firefox 3.6.10 on ArchLinux. No windows or non free fonts installed, only Dejavu (the standard under most distributions).

I did View -> Zoom -> Reset and it's still the same. I'm running firefox 3.6.10 on ArchLinux. No windows or non free fonts installed, only Dejavu (the standard under most distributions).

3.6.10 on Kubuntu and it works fine for me. I can even zoom in a little bit and it still fits.

Mark the invisible text with the mouse, then it becomes visible again (Home Forums Members...), then zoom in and out until it fits.

Piper

Alright, fixed it properly now :P

close :P

When you zoom in more, this happens:

forum_bug.jpg

Looks like you have the text of the link both on the button image and on the background image.

Piper

Yes it is piper..but it really shouldn't pop out of place like that, and you have lines around those images? There's not much I can do if you make the browser too small except make the images smaller.

Yes it is piper..but it really shouldn't pop out of place like that, and you have lines around those images? There's not much I can do if you make the browser too small except make the images smaller.

Well, the browser covers nearly 80% of my monitor, so it's not small IMO...

The lines appear when i zoom in more (3x CTRL-+). They disappear when i zoom back to normal.

Do the buttons have a border, which isnt shown when then zoom is at 100%, because they do overlap or something like that?

You could remove the text from the background image. That wouldnt help with the buttons being placed outside of your "button bar" of the background image, but the text would only appear once and not twice. Less irritating, IMO.

Piper

No there is no border and lines like that shouldn't appear. But I'm not going to try to fix anything that needs to be zoomed in 3x's or whatever..only so much I can do. If it doesn't work in every situation, oh well :P Use the default forum skin then.

oh well :P Use the default forum skin then.

Nah, better an EL skin with messed up buttons than the default style, which makes you blind :P

Piper

I now only get the hover-over text appear for 'Home', 'Forums' and 'Members', no hover-over text appears for 'Calendar', 'Gallery' or 'Shop'. Weird.

The links are now all lined up with the images though. ^^

I now only get the hover-over text appear for 'Home', 'Forums' and 'Members', no hover-over text appears for 'Calendar', 'Gallery' or 'Shop'. Weird.

Same for me.

If you know how to code it into the forums..sure :P I don't, so I used a sort of cheat making the font invisible. The forum code is quite complex and I didn't want to mess with it more than necessary.

..Actually I did just think of something I can try. Will do it later and see if it works.

Well, it seems to have worked :D

Thank you very much, now links stay with their labels

(Only nit: at high zooms, the labels shift down off the label bar, but that might be tricky to correct)

Edited by revi

Same for me.

Alignment issue seems fixed, thanks :)

But calender, gallery and shop are now missing tooltips when I hover the mouse pointer over them.

Edited by hussam

Same for me.

Alignment issue seems fixed, thanks :)

But calender, gallery and shop are now missing tooltips when I hover the mouse pointer over them.

Do we really need the hover-over text? It says the same thing, and the regular text is self explanatory.

Do we really need the hover-over text? It says the same thing, and the regular text is self explanatory.

It's probably not that important in a game, but the hover-text is used by screen readers for sight-impaired or blind people to navigate the site, so in general is a good thing to have even if it's just the same text.

Although I don't think any blind person would be able to navigate the forum in any case; it's too complex a page for any screen reader that I know of...