Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

New Forum skin

As you can see we got the new forum skin up and running now! Please post here if you have any issues with it or notice any wacky colors that we perhaps missed(there were a LOT to change so that's very possible).

I like the banner better, other than that, older one looked more... themed :)

But... it's nice; It seems a bit more laggier on my dial up though.

Nice work Roja! :)

I've noticed something when watching the forums on a wide screen though.

The color of the background is wrong on the top right side. Here's a screenshot where you can see it: click me.

looks great. apart from one small problem. under firefox 3.6.10, the header links aren't exactly over the correct icons

gallery link is over 'shop' and shop link is just to the right of 'shop'

Screenshot.png

FANTASTIC!!!

you outdid yourself again Roja!!

:icon13: :icon13: :icon13: :icon13: :icon13:

Edited by DibClark

Hi Roja,

First, nothing new, congratulations on new skin, looks really nice. Second, I confirm that under IE8 everything works properly so far.

looks great. apart from one small problem. under firefox 3.6.10, the header links aren't exactly over the correct icons

Screenshot.png

Oh that's an interesting piece of info! On my system (Google Chrome 8.0.552.0 dev) the labels can't be seen at all:

Newskin.png

Also, in the "View New Content" view, the title "New Content" appears in black over a brown background, which is not well legible, maybe you might want to change the colour a bit.

Apart from those glitches, I greatly like the overall look! Adding a bit of blue (sky and water) after all these years of green and brown (forest), is a welcome change! :icon13:

Screenshot.png

I guess that's a Firefox problem, works fine in Opera..

...or notice any wacky colors that we perhaps missed...

I'm not sure this qualifies as "whacky", but it could be better.

On the main forum page, forums with unread topics get a dark-blue icon. Forms with all topics read have a slightly lighter blue icon. Forums with sub-forums (all read) get a gray icon. The difference between blue(unread) and gray(read) is very clear, but the difference between blue and slightly-lighter-blue, not so much. Could a fully read forum's icon be made gray just like that for a forum with sub-forums.

As a footnote: that's the way it worked before the theme was added so it would appear to simply be a matter of the colors selected for the icon states.

Screenshot.png

Firefox and Chromium* problem. :<

So that's Gecko and Webkit renderers, i.e. 47.3% of people, might not wanna dismiss it too quickly ;p

(@ Usl: On my Chromium install they show up (albeit not quite in the right places, same as Hussam's Firefox), odd. Why use that naughty Google Chrome when you could have Chromium or SRWare Iron anyway :P )

Edited by Korrode

Using Firefox (3.6.10) and the menu also works fine for me. (just no mouse-over text on the shop icon)

Overall it looks great, the header image might be a bit large on smaller resolution (but it is probably scaled).

Edited by ProHibited

(@ Usl: On my Chromium install they show up (albeit not quite in the right places, same as Hussam's Firefox), odd. Why use that naughty Google Chrome when you could have Chromium or SRWare Iron anyway :P )

Then it could be a different problem, having to do with the format in which that particular graphic is stored. I had to hack a few of the graphics libraries to run on this 64-bits system, and at times images don't show up as they should... :whistle: Will hack a little more and let you know the results.

This looks really great!

Very well done, only thing i've noticed is that the "Shop" category link doesn't have a "go to" when i hover over it with my pointer bot seen anything else yet (using IE)

Looks great! Good job. Is the website going to get an overhaul to match as well? That would look super too.

Edited by Nova

Running FireFox 3.6.10 here, and only "glitch" I can see is there's no "Go to Shop" when I hover my cursor over that link...all links appear to be in their proper places, though.

Overall, it's a huge improvement over the default we've been using, and, a marked improvement over the old forum...I love it!

Gil_Manel

Thanks, I'm so glad you guys all like it! :)

I've noticed something when watching the forums on a wide screen though.

The color of the background is wrong on the top right side.

Fixed, thanks for noticing! :)

I'm also using Firefox 3.6.10, but it works fine for me. Make sure your browser is zoomed at 100%(this was a fix for something else that worked)..View>Zoom>reset.

Oh that's an interesting piece of info! On my system (Google Chrome 8.0.552.0 dev) the labels can't be seen at all:

Newskin.png

This is very odd because that's a whole graphic. All I can say is maybe it cached the older bar I had there, so try to refresh?

Also, in the "View New Content" view, the title "New Content" appears in black over a brown background, which is not well legible, maybe you might want to change the colour a bit.

Yes, unfortunately this one I can't change because that text is linked to the color text in the body of forum posts :P

On the main forum page, forums with unread topics get a dark-blue icon. Forms with all topics read have a slightly lighter blue icon. Forums with sub-forums (all read) get a gray icon. The difference between blue(unread) and gray(read) is very clear, but the difference between blue and slightly-lighter-blue, not so much. Could a fully read forum's icon be made gray just like that for a forum with sub-forums.

I guess I can make it slightly even lighter blue if it's hard for people to see...I wanted to keep it blue :P

Screenshot.png

Firefox and Chromium* problem. :<

So that's Gecko and Webkit renderers, i.e. 47.3% of people, might not wanna dismiss it too quickly ;p

I have Firefox 3.6.10 and it works fine for me.

I had a different issue, I wasn't seeing some of the lines separating each topic on the home page, or on the section page. Resetting the zoom function back to default fixed that for me. (View --> Zoom -->Reset)