Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
blush

am i banned?

hi, i saw an illegal multi-playing rule while i was doing my dailies in Nordcarn... and i cant login since then, what could be the problem? thank you

By any chance have you read the part of rule 5 that mentions middlemen?

And using one character to benefit the other?

(Such as both alts working on the same projects, trading with the same people, moving stuff from one character to another by means of 3rd parties, using 3rd parties to bypass antisocial or move books one character finds to the other character? Using group(guild) projects to get around this? Using imagined loopholes? Stuff like that?)

Oh yeah, and the part about helping others do the same thing?

i remember one time i helped another player thru my alt, but it didnt benefit my other character..what can i do for me to be able to log in again?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41193

Here's the good thing: I can see all the logs, which are definitely more reliable than "memory". I can SEE niknik give stuff to other players and you trade back on blush. I see the book transfers. I see the bag drops. I see the middlemen. I see the projects both characters have their hands in. I also see you do the reverse for other people. That is also against rule 5 even though you get no benefit from helping others break it, it still is against the rule in a big way.

Am I going to have to start going through RICH transactions and alts again? I thought we were done with this years ago.

i gave some stuff from niknik to other players but i dont take it back from blush...i swear i didnt do that, it didnt benefit my character both of them.. there was this one time i got trapped in the ruby cave and i logged niknik to free me because i cant move...that's all i did

does this mean i need to wait a month for me to be able to play again? please let me play again..thank you

Rather convenient then that they just happened to give back at various times the same books and items they got from your other character.

You can't have your alts trade with the same people the same stuff or work on the same projects. Full stop. For that matter, you should not have your multiple characters trade with the same people at all. That IS an advantage when you are manipulating the transactions to suit and have easy access, especially with anti-social.

And RICH is famous (infamous?) for the circle of alts gig. My alt will give you this, and your alt will give me that, his alt will give you that and his main will give me this....repeat and add more players.

THAT is what I call an imagined loophole...you THINK you found a way around the rule, yet the rules especially cover that little problem by invoking "the spirit of the rule". The intent of the rule is clear and imagined syntax error is not an excuse to break it. (This is covered both in rule #5 and #28)

And helping others get around the rules is a no-no as well.

So yes, you will be waiting a month for one character to be unlocked.

what books? im not receiving any books..and i didnt trade with the same people with the same stuff or work on the same projects

If you would like to pm me, feel free.

I'm not mentioning other specific names because I am not sure it was intentional on their part.

And RICH is famous (infamous?) for the circle of alts gig.

I was wondering what you mean by this, I have been in RICH a long time, on and off do not get me wrong, but really? famous for this?

And RICH is famous (infamous?) for the circle of alts gig.

I was wondering what you mean by this, I have been in RICH a long time, on and off do not get me wrong, but really? famous for this?

Yeah, really. Do some homework.

As I said, I had thought that was in the past but I'm seeing some problems with multiple people in quick succession I'm not liking. I really hate having to do the guild check thing, but it wouldn't be the first time for RICH, nor have they been the only guild in EL's history teaching some interesting loophole tactics.

OK, thank you for the reply Aislinn, I seem to have misinterpreted your post, I believed it was an attack on RICH, which I have noticed people doing so I have gotten defensive :P, but I feel I should apologise to you for my assumption, you seem to be a professional mod, and I do see it is not a personal attack, I understand blushes ban will stand for the month, I have had no reason to believe he has been multiplying, but also I do not have the records, but I will happily vouch for him being a good guy and a great addition to the EL community, and hope that this incident does not hold to much bad reputation for a generally good player.

Edited by Cilestiel

hi, i was banned last month, oct.18...can i play again now? its been a month..please unlock my character, thank you...

are there any restrictions for my character when i begin playing again?

hi, i was banned last month, oct.18...can i play again now? its been a month..please unlock my character, thank you...

are there any restrictions for my character when i begin playing again?

Blush is unlocked now.

Yes there are restrictions.

No alts, no sharing.

Please make sure you understand rule 5, including the parts about looking for ways around it, and helping others avoid it as well.