Eternal Lands Official Forums
Spartan_Warrior

Cape of No More Experience

You train for hours and hours to get to the top of your instance level, you're finally there, the strongest guy who's 1 level from overcapping. And then you realize you can't train anymore, you don't want to move up to the next instance/invasion cap, but maybe without the ability to harvest/mix you can't make gc without killing mobs, and the game isn't even fun if you can't kill anything! What will you do?

So here's the solution, how can we keep people killing mobs and burning HE/SR and keep them inside their gap? Cape of No More Experience, just like NMT cape it wouldn't break, after all it's not a great thing to use it. It would not allow for any a/d experience to be added during quest completes, combat, etc. So you can still kill mobs, get magic experience, and stay within your instance/invasion level. I can't see this having any demand outside of attack and defense skills.

This is an implementable idea, just needs some popularity... ;)

Well I don't see any bad things if this would be implemented in game. I personally wouldn't use it, but think there's many people who would need such cape/perk.

You train for hours and hours to get to the top of your instance level, you're finally there, the strongest guy who's 1 level from overcapping. And then you realize you can't train anymore, you don't want to move up to the next instance/invasion cap, but maybe without the ability to harvest/mix you can't make gc without killing mobs, and the game isn't even fun if you can't kill anything! What will you do?

So here's the solution, how can we keep people killing mobs and burning HE/SR and keep them inside their gap? Cape of No More Experience, just like NMT cape it wouldn't break, after all it's not a great thing to use it. It would not allow for any a/d experience to be added during quest completes, combat, etc. So you can still kill mobs, get magic experience, and stay within your instance/invasion level. I can't see this having any demand outside of attack and defense skills.

This is an implementable idea, just needs some popularity... ;)

I really don't get this. :confused:

Are you actually saying that you want to be the local champion in instances and capped invasions, so that you can farm drops without the risk of going over the limit and having to step up?? :blink:

I'm sorry, but I see this as little more than an attempt to overcap by stealth.

Edited by EaglePrince

Cape of No More Experience, just like NMT cape it wouldn't break, after all it's not a great thing to use it. It would not allow for any a/d experience to be added during quest completes, combat, etc. So you can still kill mobs, get magic experience, and stay within your instance/invasion level. I can't see this having any demand outside of attack and defense skills.

I feel your pain, having recently been thrown out of the 100-120 instance with no prospect of surviving the pr0 one for quite a while... but what when everyone stops levelling this way, having almost-capped the instance or the arena he is most comfortable with? It would be like having only four levels in the game: 60, 80, 100, 120. What is worse, the more people accumulates just below the caps, the less incentive you would have to unwear the cape and "topple over" - only to find yourself the only guy with 101 in a land populated exclusively by 120? Nobody would want to do that, and it would encourage a general standstill of the game (well, as long as fighters are concerned, that is).

Not to mention, how the "right" spawns for those levels would be horribly crowded, with people still needing to farm whatever they train on for gc (otherwise, how do you get all those equipment, essences, potions to burn?), with most others being empty and unused.

So, while I would have liked such a cape for me, I'm afraid it would not be that good for the game as a whole...

Just my opinion though.

Edited by Usl
typo

Cape of No More Experience, just like NMT cape it wouldn't break, after all it's not a great thing to use it. It would not allow for any a/d experience to be added during quest completes, combat, etc. So you can still kill mobs, get magic experience, and stay within your instance/invasion level. I can't see this having any demand outside of attack and defense skills.

I feel your pain, having recently been thrown out of the 100-120 instance with no prospect of surviving the pr0 one for quite a while... but what when everyone stops levelling this way, having almost-capped the instance or the arena he is most comfortable with? It would be like having only four levels in the game: 60, 80, 100, 120. What is worse, the more people accumulates just below the caps, the less incentive you would have to unwear the cape and "tipple over" - only to find yourself the only guy with 101 in a land populated exclusively by 120? Nobody would want to do that, and it would encourage a general standstill of the game (well, as long as fighters are concerned, that is).

Not to mention, how the "right" spawns for those levels would be horribly crowded, with people still needing to farm whatever they train on for gc (otherwise, how do you get all those equipment, essences, potions to burn?), with most others being empty and unused.

So, while I would have liked such a cape for me, I'm afraid it would not be that good for the game as a whole...

Just my opinion though.

Well said Usl! :icon13:

This is exactly my point, except that you said it in a more polite and irrefutable way! :P

Well let's look at how it could positively affect the game, Usl, you made some terrific points! But wearing the cape wouldn't help your OA, your attribute build, etc. And no one will *want* to farm a spawn JUST for drops, there's no incentive to do that. Grinding is for levelling, not for making gc. The way I see it for people without this cape, if you want to keep your a/d, you just don't even train, you start working up all your other skills if you have the nexus, and you wait for instances/invasions to fight. But let's look at where you were, you crossed over 120 cap right? How long will it take you to grind your way to at least atk level 140 so you can join a pr0 instance? A year? If you can grind at least couple hours a day, maybe!

People would get bored of farming the same drops, and eventually the incentive to wear the cape would wear off, people who weren't training because they wanted to keep their a/d would introduce rare items to the market, and stimulate the market with buying HE/SR, instead of not training. People could lose their inhibition and not worry about some PK drops, knowing they could keep their a/d and kill some mobs for getting their gc back.

Anyway, I'm just brainstorming, I want to thank everyone for all the responses!

Well let's look at how it could positively affect the game, Usl, you made some terrific points! But wearing the cape wouldn't help your OA, your attribute build, etc. And no one will *want* to farm a spawn JUST for drops, there's no incentive to do that. Grinding is for levelling, not for making gc. The way I see it for people without this cape, if you want to keep your a/d, you just don't even train, you start working up all your other skills if you have the nexus, and you wait for instances/invasions to fight. But let's look at where you were, you crossed over 120 cap right? How long will it take you to grind your way to at least atk level 140 so you can join a pr0 instance? A year? If you can grind at least couple hours a day, maybe!

People would get bored of farming the same drops, and eventually the incentive to wear the cape would wear off, people who weren't training because they wanted to keep their a/d would introduce rare items to the market, and stimulate the market with buying HE/SR, instead of not training. People could lose their inhibition and not worry about some PK drops, knowing they could keep their a/d and kill some mobs for getting their gc back.

Anyway, I'm just brainstorming, I want to thank everyone for all the responses!

You can enter pro instance at 100a/d with a few rangers you would be surprised how well a group of 8 110-120 a/ders can do in that instance. Of course the 100-120 instance has been completed by 2 persons, and I bet with a couple of mules 1 person could finish it.

Level up dont be afraid.

Wizz

I pretty much would echo what Wizzy said.

Additionally, I think more instances with closer level ranges is a better answer than this cape.

Soz SW :P