Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest themuntdregger

User menu's

Guest themuntdregger

The EL client contains settings for 'user defined' menu's which, according to the short instruction given under options settings, require you to set up a .menu file in a 'configuration directory'.

I've set up .menu file following the format indicated in the instructions and placed a copy in directory under usr/share/games/eternal lands/. When that didn't work, I tried the home/.elc directory, but still no joy grrrr !

Has anyone come across this problem, got any solutions, or can point me in the right direction ? as the regular wiki's and web pages on EL seem strangely devoid of anything on this topic.

Guest themuntdregger

The EL client contains settings for 'user defined' menu's which, according to the short instruction given under options settings, require you to set up a .menu file in a 'configuration directory'.

I've set up .menu file following the format indicated in the instructions and placed a copy in directory under usr/share/games/eternal lands/. When that didn't work, I tried the home/.elc directory, but still no joy grrrr !

Has anyone come across this problem, got any solutions, or can point me in the right direction ? as the regular wiki's and web pages on EL seem strangely devoid of anything on this topic.

By the way, the linux flavour i'm using is Ubuntu

could you post an outline here on how to set up one? it would be beneficial to most people who are technically challenged. also, if anyone can post a guide for windows too?

could you post an outline here on how to set up one? it would be beneficial to most people who are technically challenged.  also, if anyone can post a guide for windows too?

Not really an outline or walk-through on setting up user menus but these links should help: the original post on user menus from last May and a post about some new commands added to provide further support for user menus.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this