Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Antio...

Animation of dying

Hello all.

I would like to know ur opinion about this.

Animals and monsters have their own animation of dying, and why not let players have it too?

I suggest that, because it looks weird when fighter dies from the sword of another fighter and he just disappears.

This could add something more than just animation, it could add to dying player abilities, lets say 2 seconds after he fell on the ground, to see what happens on the battlefield.

I'm not a pr0 programer, but i know its "easy to say".

Other side, i know it could complicate the sequence of "moving" player to the underworld and only make huge work for radu.

Anyway just want to know ur opinion EL.

greets

On one hand it would be fun to see characters continue dancing a moment before falling over dead, and also what happens shortly afterward before you spawn in the underworld.

On the other hand if you die during an invasion or a big group battle in pk, chances are you want to get back into the action ASAP. In this case those few seconds would be very painful and disruptive :)

I'd actually love for a person to fall over dead and have to wait say 15 seconds to respawn.

You could start this at a certain level of course. but hell it'd had for a feel of the game.

If you want to see players fight in battleground just use invis

Also , If i died , I would want to get back ASAP not wait 15 seconds watching my guildie's die :D

I think it is a good idea to show NO animation of dying people. The next thing you will ask is blood and people ripped apart by mines. No thank you. I think i can life without that.

I think it is a good idea to show NO animation of dying people. The next thing you will ask is blood and people ripped apart by mines. No thank you. I think i can life without that.

There already is blood :D

And you already see animals dying, what's the difference if it shos how dying of the character is shown?

I would actually like to see chars dying. Maybe add a respawn button to solve the waiting problems. This would partially solve the spectate problem as well (and to prevent any kind of abuse the dead player won't be allowed to use the chat or anything else just watch)

I would actually like to see chars dying. Maybe add a respawn button to solve the waiting problems. This would partially solve the spectate problem as well (and to prevent any kind of abuse the dead player won't be allowed to use the chat or anything else just watch)

So next thing we know kf is strewn with noob alt bodies watching the goings on?

I don't mind a little more drama to the player death, like a ghost coming out of the db or something other than just a db poofing into existence, or not even a db, in case of kf, but i.m.o. dead = gone, no 15 seconds opera drama or Sims ghosts around: too much clutter.

no 15 sec wait.

death animation that goes for a second or 2 then you appear in UW.

ye,think so, for 15 sec you can be again on way for revenge and no waiting for look the pk =p

Aint it enough that we will have to walk thru hell to come back to the world above?

Sure do a die animation but there shouldn't be any delay in it since the built in delay in EL already exists and is called Hell/Underworld/home/A cozy place/I see dead ppl..

As necessary as monster dying animations!

Poofing a player away and not getting any loot in most cases is not all that satisfactory... Having a few seconds to tell them that you owned em etc would be so much fun! Btw, I see some nice artwork coming up already so perhaps we are asking for an animation already in the making.

you die

(evil laughter here)

you see the wraith

a dialogue pops up from the wraith without prompting

"Touch my robe to come to the underworld"

you either touch it and go then or you wait and within 15 seconds, you are there anyways

Now that should bring some lovely flavor to going to hell.

This would also give you a chance to click the compass, if you are not afk. Heck, maybe the wraith could even tell you where you are.

Edited by nathanstenzel

This would also give you a chance to click the compass, if you are not afk. Heck, maybe the wraith could even tell you where you are.

That alone would make it worth the cost of admission.