Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ignoble

Binding, serpent, enrichment stones, EFE probability

Does anyone else feel that the probabilities of getting such items has become so miniscule that it affects how they play the game? Great swords aren't worth making, CoLs etc. are ridiculous in their requirements in the light of the price of ingredients. Why have such key ingredients become so scarce? The cynical view is that it helps shop sales, but I for one do not begrudge Radu reaping the benefits of what has been sown, however I do feel strongly that gameplay is suffering.

It has affected my gameplay. I now mainly mix other people's manufacturing ingredients instead of buying ingredients and selling a product. I charge insurance when I risk my saving stone so that I can make an income. I also passed this strategy along to Holar and some others.

I now hardly ever make great swords, but it seems titanium serpent swords are about worth making compared to great swords.

Part of the problem with the rare ingredients is greedy/retired players. Some of the players will buy tons of these, perhaps from the shop or perhaps in game and they will sell them for triple the cost. Some players will retire or go away for a while and so their rare ingreds are not available to the market (assuming they would be willing to sell the ingredient or an item made from them).

Another part of the problem is the over-abundance of items using specific ingredients.

Of course, as one of the top 20 manufacturers, the rare ingredient issue and the market in general has been annoying me for the last couple of years, but I have learned a few tricks to adapt.....like mixing insurance.

Does anyone else feel that the probabilities of getting such items has become so miniscule that it affects how they play the game? Great swords aren't worth making, CoLs etc. are ridiculous in their requirements in the light of the price of ingredients. Why have such key ingredients become so scarce? The cynical view is that it helps shop sales, but I for one do not begrudge Radu reaping the benefits of what has been sown, however I do feel strongly that gameplay is suffering.

Nope.

Besides for the fact that they can be bought from the store for a relatively minor price, there is no requirement that people HAVE to have the 'latest' armors and swords. Asgnny used to train augmented leather, and he was one of the top 10 players.

It has affected my gameplay. I now mainly mix other people's manufacturing ingredients instead of buying ingredients and selling a product. I charge insurance when I risk my saving stone so that I can make an income. I also passed this strategy along to Holar and some others.

I now hardly ever make great swords, but it seems titanium serpent swords are about worth making compared to great swords.

Part of the problem with the rare ingredients is greedy/retired players. Some of the players will buy tons of these, perhaps from the shop or perhaps in game and they will sell them for triple the cost. Some players will retire or go away for a while and so their rare ingreds are not available to the market (assuming they would be willing to sell the ingredient or an item made from them).

Another part of the problem is the over-abundance of items using specific ingredients.

Of course, as one of the top 20 manufacturers, the rare ingredient issue and the market in general has been annoying me for the last couple of years, but I have learned a few tricks to adapt.....like mixing insurance.

rare

- 9 dictionary results

rare

1    /rɛər/ Show Spelled[rair] Show IPA

–adjective, rar·er, rar·est.

coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.

thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated: Lighthouses are rare on that part of the coast.

having the component parts not closely compacted together; not dense: rare gases; lightheaded from the rare mountain air.

Since when is all the fancy stuff supposed to be a commonplace every day item for everyone to make and wear?

I found a binding yesterday. They aren't gone from being found.

They just get sold as fast as they are found.

There's always the shop, 6 for 10 is pr0 imo

Well i got 2 binding stones, 1 serpent stone and one enrichment stone this week :P

So you were extremely lucky. I doubt very much that you would expect to do this every week.

rare

- 9 dictionary results

rare

1    /rɛər/ Show Spelled[rair] Show IPA

–adjective, rar·er, rar·est.

coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon: a rare disease; His visits are rare occasions.

thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated: Lighthouses are rare on that part of the coast.

having the component parts not closely compacted together; not dense: rare gases; lightheaded from the rare mountain air.

Since when is all the fancy stuff supposed to be a commonplace every day item for everyone to make and wear?

I totally agree that fancy stuff is not supposed to be commonplace (even though it actually is). What I disagree with is that, in the case of a great sword for example, I cannot make one for less than the cost of buying one from the NPC if I buy the ingredients. It only becomes worthwhile if I find the serpent stones, in this case. The ability to manufacture it (a game feature) becomes pointless. Oh, you do it for the experience, I hear someone say. Not likely, xp is much more easy to get from clouting a few monsters. Specific xp in manu comes back to the old grind away at leather helms.

Of course, this has all probably been covered in 20 topics before.

And Aislinn, some games have "uncommon", "rare" and "very rare". We could say that the rare ingreds have changed from "rare" to "very rare" about 2 years ago. About 4 years ago, they probably should have been called "uncommon".

Agreed but only to a certain degree. While you can push training with augmented leather + CoL up to maybe dchims if you have good toughness/instinct, eventually something better becomes a necessity. If you are fighting something that does high damage (mchim or higher), you need the fancy armor to mitigate the damage.

What I disagree with is that, in the case of a great sword for example, I cannot make one for less than the cost of buying one from the NPC if I buy the ingredients

That is only because people insist on jacking up stone prices. I've argued before that market prices of items should be controlled but unfortunately people feel it restricts their freedom to sell/buy at their own prices.

Edited by hussam

Maybe next time we're asking for -5 sec off trice respawn and for WV to be made nicer for training you'll all show your support, considering trice rare drops incl. EFE and serp stones.

:P

Maybe next time we're asking for -5 sec off trice respawn and for WV to be made nicer for training you'll all show your support, considering trice rare drops incl. EFE and serp stones.

:)

lol I personally don't like the idea of rare ingreds and finished good condition armors being included in monster drops, but the rare ingreds wouldn't be so bad if the fighters did what they did to the ti long and chainmail prices to the rare ingreds instead.......and lower the price of those rare ingreds by underselling everyone else or at least asked a manufacturer to mix it into something for them.

Nathan , imo since the advent of the market being run by bot owners , nobody is willing to undersell and why should they if they have paid RL $ for a bot service, they want something to show for that $

I remember pointing out bot control of EL economy and nobody believed me ( most vehemently denied in fact - bots running the market ? they cant possibly be running the market because players control them - well its the same shit different means ), but these days its common courtesy to check the price of the cheapest bot before you buy or sell anything , lost count of how many times someone said ''wait let me check bot price '' when doing a deal

I think if people want to see something start happening with prices on rare items ( since nobody likes paying the relative price for thier armors or COL's ) the bot owners need to get together on thier section of the forum and do the right thing, control the market the opposite way

but again, GL with that , EL community working together is like asking a warehouse full of 2 year olds to tidy up thier shit, not gonna happen and even if 2-3 do, the other 470 make a mess again

Edited by Ateh

I mentioned a WHILE ago that bots are running the show on market.

Most manufactured items are recycled armors/weps from bots. I myself have fallen into this.

Hell even my bot sells augs and fryingpans and other various things for more than market value.

Nathan , imo since the advent of the market being run by bot owners , nobody is willing to undersell and why should they if they have paid RL $ for a bot service, they want something to show for that $

I remember pointing out bot control of EL economy and nobody believed me ( most vehemently denied in fact - bots running the market ? they cant possibly be running the market because players control them - well its the same shit different means ), but these days its common courtesy to check the price of the cheapest bot before you buy or sell anything , lost count of how many times someone said ''wait let me check bot price '' when doing a deal

I think if people want to see something start happening with prices on rare items ( since nobody likes paying the relative price for thier armors or COL's ) the bot owners need to get together on thier section of the forum and do the right thing, control the market the opposite way

but again, GL with that , EL community working together is like asking a warehouse full of 2 year olds to tidy up thier shit, not gonna happen and even if 2-3 do, the other 470 make a mess again

Oh....I agree with you to a point. I'm an odd one though, I use my bot to undersell compared to other bots to my allies and jack up the price on everyone else. :D I also occasionally use my bot to post low buying prices for things that I know should be low while knowing very well that nobody will sell for that cheap.....just to make a statement about the prices.

A bot is like a gun, it can be used to protect the economy or shoot it dead. It is the bot owner that chooses the actions of the bot, however futile those actions may be.

Part of the solution for rare ingreds based armors is to remove gc from the equation and trade them for similar rare ingreds items. Barter....for those that know better than to yell "SHOW ME THE MONEY" and see if they get robbed.

lol I personally don't like the idea of rare ingreds and finished good condition armors being included in monster drops, but the rare ingreds wouldn't be so bad if the fighters did what they did to the ti long and chainmail prices to the rare ingreds instead.......and lower the price of those rare ingreds by underselling everyone else or at least asked a manufacturer to mix it into something for them.

Why? Doesn't it make sense that someone who actually needs the armor/weapons is getting some of ings through monster drops?

As a manufacturer, wouldn't you be happy if someone visited you every few days with ingredients for something you could mix for experience?

Edited by hussam

Why? Doesn't it make sense that someone who actually needs the armor/weapons is getting some of ings through monster drops?

As a manufacturer, wouldn't you be happy if someone visited you every few days with ingredients for something you could mix for experience?

It decreases the amount of enriched essences that mixers make and the rare stones that harvesters make. When good condition armor is found, they don't need anyone to fix it or anyone to make them gear. The skills are not meant to be self-sufficient. Transactions between harvesters, mixers, fighter/mage/summoners is important.

While it is possible that self sufficient skills would make the whole inflation issue that the game has go away, it is also just as likely that nobody would do business with another player period.

:rolleyes:

I do undercut every other bot in EL.

/adversary inv

to see for yourself. :) (if they not sold already, which there's a good chance of, due to my undercutting :icon13: )

It decreases the amount of enriched essences that mixers make and the rare stones that harvesters make. When good condition armor is found, they don't need anyone to fix it or anyone to make them gear. The skills are not meant to be self-sufficient. Transactions between harvesters, mixers, fighter/mage/summoners is important.

While it is possible that self sufficient skills would make the whole inflation issue that the game has go away, it is also just as likely that nobody would do business with another player period.

I don't know where yo're pulling this "good condition armor" drops from. I didn't mention it and neither did Hussam, we only mentioned rare ingred drops.

No creatures drop high level equipment anymore.

No creatures drop high level equipment anymore.

Good.

Why is it good? Take for example a simple titanium long sword. It used to be worth 800 to 1k gcs. Now it's slowly creeping up and will eventually be close to EFE price.

Edited by hussam