Eternal Lands Official Forums
Erdie

Video Mode 1920x1080 (full hd)

Hi,

Since I am a proud owner of a Full HD (1920x1080) 55" TV, I evidently tried to play EL on this device. I just figured out, that 1920x1080 is not provided as a standard video mode in the list and therefore there is no way to use fullscreen bc while using custom resolution you will get the error message "stop playing with video modes .."

Is there a reason that this mode isn't supported as a standard preset? .. Or would it be a big effort to implement this?

tyvm

Erdie

Hi,

Since I am a proud owner of a Full HD (1920x1080) 55" TV, I evidently tried to play EL on this device. I just figured out, that 1920x1080 is not provided as a standard video mode in the list and therefore there is no way to use fullscreen bc while using custom resolution you will get the error message "stop playing with video modes .."

Is there a reason that this mode isn't supported as a standard preset? .. Or would it be a big effort to implement this?

tyvm

Erdie

Thanks to a previous patch from Ago, it is extremely easy to add new modes. So, despite my jealously of your super size monitor, I've add that mode to CVS. Hope it works as I can't test it. :(

Hi,

tyvm

Erdie

Thanks to a previous patch from Ago, it is extremely easy to add new modes. So, despite my jealously of your super size monitor, I've add that mode to CVS. Hope it works as I can't test it. :(

Yes, is interesting on a 55" screen, just make sure you have a good video card. For me, when I do that I have to lower my resolution, so it's not normally worth the effort.

My experience with my tv (also 1920x1080 supposed resolution) is that the computer will autodetect it as a resolution else than what you would think.

Trying to set it up, I also came to the conclusion that the resolution that is set in EL is for the render window and not the total window.

Sorry, but I can't seem to locate the resolution I used when I used my tv as my monitor. Good luck.

Thank you all for replying. So far HD resolution work on the TV, even with the old D-Sub VGA interface (I dont have hdmi at my Laptop). I can make Twinview or use the TV as the main screen only.

In general I figured out that EL is much faster in fullscreen mode, so in critical situations like PK I am switching to fullscreen with alt-return. In a twinview setup with high resolutions the overall performance decreaes a bit (I guess bc of the amount of data the graphic card has to deal with). Therefore it would be very useful to have this mode available. I will check the newest CVS, test it and give a feedback.

@Bluap: Feel free to come and visit me. Lets play together but dont forget to tell the other moderators that you will have my IP address temporary :( I also will offer you excellent german beer - as much as you like.

-Erdie

@Bluap: Feel free to come and visit me. Lets play together but dont forget to tell the other moderators that you will have my IP address temporary :D I also will offer you excellent german beer - as much as you like.

Wow, a very tempting offer! :)