Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pyewacket

EL Monopoly - The Bored game

Ok, so I was prompted by flibberty to suggest this and have expanded the idea a little in order to try and give you folks a clue what it might entail.

Basically, sites like: http://www.hasbro.com/mymonopoly/

and: http://www.tdcgames.com/MYO.htm

offer the chance to have custom made monopoly boardgames. There's also popularity with doing these as corporate gift sets, movie and cartoon versions, and also cities around the world have their own versions these days too.

Basically, I'd like to think of an EL version, where you can "Go to the Underworld, Go directly to the Underworld, Do Not Pass Isla Prima, Do Not collect your harvesting experience".

Map names can obviously replace the usual street names for the original version, with some custom made board peices as the player races (and perhaps Bob the goblin or Lenny too). A campsite token can replace the house token, and a plastic rosto token (with mother of pearl glazed finish to complete the detail) can replace the hotels.

Instead of charging someone rent when they land on "your spawn" you could say you bagjump them for X amount instead (depending on what currency you'd have. exp or gc). Replacing the normal monopoly event cards with ingame events works too, with "You successfully created an Enriched Fire Essence" replacing "Bank pays you dividend of 50 bucks".

Going back 3 spaces = "servercrash, you had a rollback"

hopefully you get the idea by this point and no doubt more will be added in the replies to this, but basically, the main issue against having this might be licensing...anyone of a legal turn of mind that wants to set Radus mind at rest and let us know if he still retains the rights to the EL names despite it being a boardgame instead?

And...whaddya think, would you buy it? (to get accurate info, please also mention if you'd buy or have got the original or some other custom monopoly game already too, when you post).

I know for certain I'd get one if it was available. The biggest drawback I could see would be that it encourages us players to actually do an activity that doesnt involve being online!!!! OH NOES! :P

"You broke rule #5, do not pass Isle Prima, go directly to banned area (jail)"

I wouldn't buy it :P

Edited by PaulB

> EL Monopoly - The Bored game, A little idea, anyone think they'd get it?
So it's a game that makes you BORED?

Anyway I like the idea, not sure if Hasbro wold make it based on a game like this.

I have to assume he knows the difference between bored and board, so I have to assume it's supposed to be funny but it's not the best advertising, I agree lol.

Neat idea though.

if it was made into a computer game(Monopoly has it on disk), I would, but the hassle of board games anymore is a pain... I know, I sound ridiculous... >.> But seriously, I don't have a place to play a board game.