Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozmondius

PK Training

We have a/d training, but we really have no system to train a major part of this game, PK.

Here is the skeleton of my idea:

• you have a system like instance where one person or maybe even a group could enter
  • entry would cost some gc or a stone or something
  • inside there are intelligent guardbots who can match your a/d and attrib
  • the bots are programmed to react to your armor, weapon, spells, (offensive spells cast against you if MI goes down, cape changes to react to weapon, weapon changes to react to armor/capes etc.)
  • it would be a no drop area, so you wouldn't have to worry about dying
  • u get three deaths and then you're out
  • if u can kill the bot(s) u get some reasonably useful prize like gc plus another ticket to enter or something
  • 2 versions maybe, single and team
  • in the single version, maybe allow more to come in or have an observation room, but only the person who gave the ticket can fight the bot--would be useful for observation, mentoring, and helping your guildies/friends with advice during the fight

I think this would be fun in and of itself, might encourage people to train pk, enjoy pk, not be so nervous about pk, and maybe lead to more actual pk.

Thoughts?

With the amount of guild maps in the game, there is plenty of space to teach people without much danger.

Saves a lot of work and further promotes interaction between people.

I remember teaching people in IRON long long ago in their guild map, no need for bots and extra programming work really.

Ofc, this sounds like a great plan for a few people who could easily farm the rewards..

-Gohan

The rewards would be modest, not really farmable--more along the level of letting you do the training again for free and paying for a portion of the cost of the training. That's it. I don't see this as a replacement for in person training, but a supplement.

There are plenty of no-drop PK areas in the game. Why substitute interactions between players (the best way to learn about PK) and implement a way for people to "practice" "BKing" (It wouldn't be "PK", player killing, training because they are bots)?

More interactions between players = better.

Now I know you will probably respond with something in reference to

you have a system like instance where one person or maybe even a group could enter

but why not just take said group of people and practice in a guild map which is still somewhat safe from unwanted people?

There are plenty of no-drop PK areas in the game.

Thats true but its not much practice when you get attacked by several PKers at the time and that sucks.

I wanted to learn more about PKing and started to go to KF but 95% of the time i got attacked by several PKers at the same time ending up in hell alot of times and my curiousity was killed so maby this way would make it easier to get the hang of it before you enter the real thing.

Edit: Oh and the other 5% was the UBER PKers that had double my A/D or not that far away from it that 2 hit killed me just for fun because they where bored not having anything to kill even though there was 10 other ppl standing there from other guilds or even guildless. Some of em i must say where cool though, they tested me to see if i would diss/tele or stay and fight and since i stayed and did my best to atleast scratch their armor they left me alone when i got back.

Edited by Entris

Bot is only a bot. PK isn't just mechanical swap this and that. True PK is about mindfuck and that's something you get to only with real opponent.

The idea in itself is nice though. Still... a little bit of community activity and friendliness towards other will work just the same or better.

Imo the best way to get more ppl to test and learn PK is to give a chance of soft reset. A special day that lets you redistribute pp's and at the new day you're back to normal and all exp from the special day is gone. All you get is pps worth all the skill exp, no bought pp beasts for the day. Can't think of a way to make entering a PK field any lower, and those ppl not actively PKing but enjoying other aspects of the game can finally just whack eachother silly (yes, they can do it without the day too, but do they? If there is this day, would they? mhm). No need to spend endless hours of programming and testing to make a bot.