Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
learg

Changing appearance

I think that there should be some changes in how to look our char when we develop attributes. Example: when might rise- muscles are bigger and figure becomes more 'athletic', or when charm - your ugly and loathful face becomes beautiful.

I know that this won't bring anything in play but there will be more variety of appearance. The game will seem more pleasant and ppl will look like real community where everyone is different. What do you think about it and is it possible to implement at all?

Edited by learg

Great idea, would definitely make the graphics mode of the game more interesting. I must confess that I play often in console mode, e.g. when harvesting. Having meaningful looks makes it definitely more interesting.

Perhaps also character age could influence your look, by getting your hair gray or baldy.

I like the idea, but acknowledge it would be a lot of work. The positive gain for the work required may not be worth it... but sure if Roja/client devs wanna do it, sounds good.

I don't see any problem with this, though I can only see it working for a/d..

Using morphs on the player/npc model that take effect based on a percent of their current level over a level limit, or a time scale, or even a random occurrence (Like you tick off a little imp and it becomes extremely bulky [Not really, just a humorous example... To be serious, maybe for fluffies?]). That's how I think it would work.

(Oooo, and what if it worked for Lenny too? Then you could tell how tough he is by how bulky he appears.)

Because as far as I know they are still working on texture swapping for facial animation... Even then, I doubt they would be willing to do frame-by-frame textures for each face based on possible charm key levels, nor do I see Ent implementing real-time texture editing. :rolleyes: Morphs wouldn't really work out well to the facial "beauty" end in my opinion.

That's just my thought, its all up to the game's developers. The idea is great, but due to the game's engine limitations I can only see this idea working for a/d.

Edited by Airakose

or glowing changes =D 1 skill 50+ you will be light blue , 1 skill over 100 you will be dark blue , like glowing aura or so =p 2 skills 50+ light green and any of those combinations =p