Eternal Lands Official Forums
Spartan_Warrior

Seasonal Promotions and Incentives

Was in channel 6 when I realized EL needs something that would motivate people to all logon for an incentive or a promotion in EL. And so I was thinking how could we make things more interesting in EL. And so I came up with an idea, Every few weeks, perhaps 1 to 2 months at the most, EL and their administration come up with ideas or take ideas from the community on what to do. As a reminder, every 3 hours there can be a global message reminding players of the next promotion

For example:

10/10/10:

Have a 10% increase of all exp in all skills for everyone, this experience boost stacks with God experience.

10/31/10:

Halloween, sell Halloween Apparel from the EL Shop, anyone who buys such apparel will be entered into a raffle for a larger prize. X amount of gc, a few rostogol stones, or if you want to charge a lot for the apparel, a tzu stone.

11/25/10:

Thanksgiving, Leonard looks like a rooster today, and is considerably weaker, with better drops.

12/25/10:

Christmas! Anyone wearing a santa hat today gets +10% exp in all skills!

1/1/11:

New Years! Find joker today for a special new years outfit, glasses, blowhorn, happy new year custom torso. etc.

Easter:

Place 100 Eggs about the size of a small rock throughout the entire game. Use it to find it, once you find it, it dissappears. Only 100 people will find them, and in 2 weeks they will hatch and become a rare item (whichever rare items you want, at whatever % chance)

Things like this that incorporate the shop more often, or make people want to logon on a certain date.

Marvellous Idea.

As a sidenote, perhaps we could also tie this in with the speedhax day suggestion and couple it up even further with ryddlers raffle draw day too. Radu could also give out full day 10% off shop price discount (not cumulative with coupons, but instead of) for that day to maximise both el shop sales and ryddlers fundraising exposure.

Three birds one stone. nice one spart.

Was in channel 6 when I realized EL needs something that would motivate people to all logon for an incentive or a promotion in EL. And so I was thinking how could we make things more interesting in EL. And so I came up with an idea, Every few weeks, perhaps 1 to 2 months at the most, EL and their administration come up with ideas or take ideas from the community on what to do. As a reminder, every 3 hours there can be a global message reminding players of the next promotion

For example:

10/31/10:

Halloween, sell Halloween Apparel from the EL Shop, anyone who buys such apparel will be entered into a raffle for a larger prize. X amount of gc, a few rostogol stones, or if you want to charge a lot for the apparel, a tzu stone.

12/25/10:

Christmas! Anyone wearing a santa hat today gets +10% exp in all skills!

1/1/11:

New Years! Find joker today for a special new years outfit, glasses, blowhorn, happy new year custom torso. etc.

Easter:

Place 100 Eggs about the size of a small rock throughout the entire game. Use it to find it, once you find it, it dissappears. Only 100 people will find them, and in 2 weeks they will hatch and become a rare item (whichever rare items you want, at whatever % chance)

Things like this that incorporate the shop more often, or make people want to logon on a certain date.

Not bad idea replace invasions on those days with something new =p

Edited by KoDdy

Thank you, had some decent feedback from this idea on channel 6 but the only way it could work is if someone takes my idea and augments it, or it inspires someone with something similar. Hopefully something like this will happen :evilgrin: