Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TurtleKing

Speed Hax Day

English: Everyone will have the speed hax effect for the entire day.

Role Playing: One of the gods feel asleep on the fast forward button on the remote of our planet, so for the entire nap time we will be traveling a little faster through time. Note: Food bar will not be affected, and speed hax potions will have no no effect on this day.

Edited by TurtleKing

I don't think food bar should be affected since this is meant to be a postive day, and also the speed hax effect is caused by the gods not the players. Sorry, for not mentioning it on the first post but I never used speed hax potions before. I just thought it would be nice to do some quest and trips faster for 1 day. :P I can see though how this might make it difficult to catch some folks during combat, but then again the attacker is fast as well.

I think its a fun idea :) People might enjoy running so much for the day that they are more likely to use speed hax on regular days too.

People might enjoy running so much for the day that they are more likely to use speed hax on regular days too.

Now that's a good observation. A "free trial" could get a bunch of people hooked on running.

And for a negative day, let the mobs have Speed Hax, and not the players!

Is it bad that I like this idea?

Not bad at all.

It's a good negative equivalent to speed hax day.

I don't think a negative day is necessary. There is already a business side to this day by promoting speed hax potions effects. In addition, we don't have a positive special day for some of the negatives ones. For example, there is no balance for acid rain day.

Edited by TurtleKing

Day of no grief it is not the opposite of Acid Rain Day. Acid Rain Days degrades the items in your inventory to the point where you will not have anything left. The opposite of that would be an upgrade. In other words, the items in your inventory would be better if applicable to whatever you have during the day. For example, your iron sword would become iron broad sword. In addition, day of no grief has to do with fighting not the weather effects.

Day of no grief

English: No weapons and armors break today (in combat).

Role Playing: Today our planet is passing throughout an area in our universe where the electromagnetic law is slightly different, and this is causing the armors, weapons and clothes to not break for the duration of this day, from normal combat..

Acid Rain Day

English: Each minute you spend outside when it rains, there is a chance for the items you WEAR to get damaged and disappear.

Role Playing: Our scientists have discovered an increase in the acidity of the rain, due to the increased pollution from the dwarf and gnome factories. Anyone being hit by the rain might lose some of the items they wear.

So your point is invalid. So thanks for your unnecessary post. :rolleyes:

But they are still pretty much opposites in general terms... to those of us who aren't goons anyway :rolleyes:

I disagree, i think theyre pretty much the opposite in general terms even to those of us who are goons, and am perfectly willing to speak up on their behalf.

In other words, the items in your inventory would be better if applicable to whatever you have during the day. For example, your iron sword would become iron broad sword. In addition, day of no grief has to do with fighting not the weather effects.
thats actually a pretty good idea :rolleyes:

Guys your are missing the point. Please either support the special day idea in the first post or give some constructive criticism as to why it would not work.

Not missing the point at all, we're expanding on it to include a possible negative day in order to further increase the likelyhood that it might get implemented. Feel free to look at other special day threads to see why this is more likely to happen now, than if just the original special day idea was on here.

As to constructive critique about why it might not work, the only thing that might cause a problem would be potential lag and grue issues caused, as I imagine everyone on speed for the fully 6 hr day would be quite taxing to the server. But that's a guess. If there was some feedback as to whether it IS the case, we'd have a better idea on whether it might get in or not, til then turtle I suggest you accept our postings as supportive of your cause. After all, if Learner, who is one of the developers, makes a suggestion to compliment your own, I would personally see that as a pretty good sign.

Edited by Pyewacket

I think that in order to get a positive special day passed a negative day must accompany it is a bit selfish. Don't get me wrong I love this game, and especially the fact that it is free and open to us. However, I believe the overall goal for any video game in general should be for the user to have fun. I understand setting up boundaries and limitations in order to have some control over certain situations, but really this idea of a negative special day were instead of the players, monsters or all creatures have the speed hax effect is as a bad as a combination of green day + labor day. For the following reason: do you remember when you had to to kill a creature in a forest area (lots of trees like dp evergreen woods), and there was this moment where it became really frustrating because the creature would go under brush or trees making it difficult for you to click on it and catch to it at the same time? I am sure several of us have experience this at least once in EL. Now, add to that situation the creature being on an energy drink so to speak. I see the negative day causing several people to log off frustrated which will defeat the purpose of having fun. Incidentally, I know that if you didn't at least have someone in-game that paid attention to you whether in a positive or negative manner you wouldn't be playing this game for a long period, right? Even if its just to buy your items or the other way around. All things considered I don't mind some of the negative days setup in EL, but for this particular negative day I see frustrated players in too many ways...Bob the Goblin + Running shoes = newbie nightmare. :(

Edited by TurtleKing

I'm thinking that would be basically a second version of peace day with a chance of attacking whatever creature. So people would be no more frustrated with this day than with peace day

Edited by hobobob38

I think that in order to get a positive special day passed a negative day must accompany it is a bit selfish. Don't get me wrong I love this game, and especially the fact that it is free and open to us. However, I believe the overall goal for any video game in general should be for the user to have fun. I understand setting up boundaries and limitations in order to have some control over certain situations, but really this idea of a negative special day were instead of the players, monsters or all creatures have the speed hax effect is as a bad as a combination of green day + labor day. For the following reason: do you remember when you had to to kill a creature in a forest area (lots of trees like dp evergreen woods), and there was this moment where it became really frustrating because the creature would go under brush or trees making it difficult for you to click on it and catch to it at the same time? I am sure several of us have experience this at least once in EL. Now, add to that situation the creature being on an energy drink so to speak. I see the negative day causing several people to log off frustrated which will defeat the purpose of having fun. Incidentally, I know that if you didn't at least have someone in-game that paid attention to you whether in a positive or negative manner you wouldn't be playing this game for a long period, right? Even if its just to buy your items or the other way around. All things considered I don't mind some of the negative days setup in EL, but for this particular negative day I see frustrated players in too many ways...Bob the Goblin + Running shoes = newbie nightmare. :(

OR since it's been mentioned that a side effect of the special day originally posted by your good self could encourage the sale of speed hax potions, then its also possible that the negative day would do likewise too, no?

I am sure game balance will be considered by the devs, whether we have a negative day or not, before they consider implenting the good variation, if at all.

Keep in mind that speed hax for the mobs is also good and bad since they don't actively run away from you, and a mob that will attack youi will get to you faster.

well if you think about it, no breaks day is the opposite of acid rain :happy:

Really are there opposite invisible effects like the invisible acid rain which destroys your items even when it is raining? Do objects get enhanced by themselves?

Edited by saxum