Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

New stones

I was thinking to implement the new day stone as a ritual, where multiple players of certain levels each must stand in a room or some place together, each with certain ingredients, then they will click on something and one of them will get the new stone. This will encourage team work, and you must trust everyone in the team.

But this takes a bit of effort to implement, so I am not going to implement something that won't get used. Which brings us to this post.

A Sun Tzu stone will require the following ingredients:

15 EDE

10 Binding stones

15 ELE

50 Mixtures of power

50 Refined Vegetal Mixture

For this ritual we need 5 players, one holding a batch of one ingredient (ie. one holds the 15 ede, one the 50 mixtures of power, etc.)

When 5 players each holding the required ingredient are in a room, PM me and I will take your ingredients and give it to the one that gives me the 15 EDEs.

There will be a similar ritual for the bad day removal stone.

[edit]

I can take 10 binding stones or 10 enrichment stones, whatever you chose.

I like this idea. Think it would be great. Though maybe I could suggest keep all ingreds the same cept the ELE and EDE.. Maybe if was a chance to lesson the amounts down to 10 ea instead? The only con I see to it: Possibly same people doing this, thus resulting in one particular time zone always having sun tzu day (or any other special day). Unless by doing this causes 2 ingame days to have sun tzu (or any special day) so that possibly all irl time zones are affected by it?

i love the idea of the ritual, interesting element for the future too , ritualistic teamwork could be applied to allsorts

also glad its a day stone not a personal stone :pickaxe:

at first i thought holy shit thats alot of ings but thinking about it , if 20-30 people got involved to buy the ing's its not that much and could possibly encourage all the mentally ill hoarders to let go of a few precious's

I REALLY like this idea,but at first glance looks *overpriced* but we will see.

Stupid Questions..

1.Does sun tzu day only apply to five players who perform ritual or all E.L ?

2.If ritual performed 1 hr before E.L. day change ,do players only get 1 hr sun tzu or 6 hrs from completion of ritual?

also if this could be implemented as a *guild* type event ,where if only guild members performed ritual ,then all that guild got sun tzu that would help guildie s *bond*

Feel free to shoot me down!!!

the_grud

Edited by the_grud

If these stones cause a Sun Tzu for all of EL then I can only imagine the loss of other special days that mixers use like Joule/3x harv/recyc/etc.

While I like this idea in many aspects, I can see a huge problem for those people that do not train a/d. Is there going to be some sort of balance system in place so non fighters can get their share of specials days also?

I REALLY like this idea,but at first glance looks *overpriced* but we will see.

i thought that too but if you consider the cost of a/d HE SRS and such , for all of EL to do twice as much a/d in one day as it usually takes to do 2 , its not overpriced really ...

also if this could be implemented as a *guild* type event ,where if only guild members performed ritual ,then all that guild got sun tzu that would help guildie s *bond*

i hope to god ive been reading right and the stone is a world event, this way it wont turn into a cash for a/d fest but if it does whatever more power to the El shop

If these stones cause a Sun Tzu for all of EL then I can only imagine the loss of other special days that mixers use like Joule/3x harv/recyc/etc.

While I like this idea in many aspects, I can see a huge problem for those people that do not train a/d. Is there going to be some sort of balance system in place so non fighters can get their share of specials days also?

I think the stone idea is very cool and to be 'cheap' it would need many participants, really, not just the five. I can see five guilds working on it, with each guild providing one of the items.

I share PaulB's sentiment though, that I would be unhappy to lose joule or some other 'good day' for a sun tzu. Instead, I'd like to see it implemented that the stone would only work during a normal day. Even the negative days, people find uses for -- Peace day - harving and bombing, for example. Many see it as a bad day, others are quite happy. So because we all find uses for just about every day there is, I'd like to see the stones work only on normal days -- applying this sentiment to all future daystones.

OK clarification for a few points on the suntzu stone, since no one has added any yet...

All EL players would get the #day if the stone was used. It ONLY works if used on an otherwise Normal #day...it will NOT work on special days already running, according to Radu earlier on ch6.

As a side note, expect a few prices to rise on certain items already, it looks like all the bots have already been cleaned out of EDE in preparation for this. (Or the owners have withdrawn those items for now).

I think the stone idea is very cool and to be 'cheap' it would need many participants, really, not just the five. I can see five guilds working on it, with each guild providing one of the items.

Who said that this is limited to 5 participants? The whole game can participate if they want to, but 5 players must hold the ingredients.

Just wanted to add, this is an awesome idea! And it sounds pretty cheap to me, considering how many ppl sit in @6 that could pool resources to do it. You could get it together there, then try another channel or go to populated storage like votd to get any missing ingreds. Easy. And yes, the hoarders will hopefully let go of some of their stashes as well.

EDIT: obviously it's expensive enough that someone won't do it every day, but affordable enough for occasional use. Most of the ingreds could be bought from shop too, so 5 bored people can spend $5 each on a boring night at home and ABRACADABRA!

Edited by Goot

great idea :icon13:

so lots of ppl can work in a team to get the ings

and choose 5 trusty 'shamans' for the ritual....

thats real community work i like :)

I can see how this is intended to encourage teamwork, although I would think it will just be another money sink. This is fine with me, btw, and as a player, I would love it.

However, from a RP perspective, it's not quite right, is it? I would have used the word 'realistic', but I'm sure some people would be only to quick to remind me that this is a game.

IMO a 'bad' or normal day is part of the game. We should just learn to adjust our gameplay as required. If it's acid day I take my clothes off. I go harvest on peace day or go take pictures of the icy. On green day I go bash something or somebody :icon13: However, if I want to go out and play in the park and it's raining, I don't have the option of paying God (the real God, not Ent!) to make the sun come out! I can pray and hope, but what else can I actually do? We can already 'buy' invasions, but IMO, what the day brings should be left to the likes of Aluwen and Mortos.

I can see most of the bought days being Sun Tzu, which means that players will level a/d unnaturally fast, which brings it's own problems. I can imagine the more regular bickering over spawns :) What about the prices of the ritual items? Bindings and enrichments are stupid prices already!

I think that there are two sides to every coin, and since it looks like this is going to happen anyway, I hope it will be reviewed after a few weeks and tweaked if required.

EP

Edited by EaglePrince

What about the prices of the ritual items? Bindings and enrichments are stupid prices already!

EDEs can not be made using enrichments

and with the many mixtures needed - will take time to make - will the use of this be limited.

What about the prices of the ritual items? Bindings and enrichments are stupid prices already!

and with the many mixtures needed - will take time to make - will the use of this be limited.

I was talking about the stones for themselves, not the ones used to make enriched essies - See Radu's first post.

In any case, I don't think anybody will use enrichments for EDE and ELE atm because of the low price and demand, even if you could make EDE this way.

Edited by EaglePrince

I was talking about the stones for themselves, not the ones used to make enriched essies - See Radu's first post.

In any case, I don't think anybody will use enrichments for EDE and ELE atm because of the low price and demand, even if you could make EDE this way.

People will not use enrichments for EDE and ELE

But they will only be able to make the stones as long as there are EDEs in game.

yes, its a nice extra to the game, that will be used rare..

but if it needs the whole community to say,

hey not today acid rain or hey i want more xp :icon13:

so lets start to think about how to communicate about it...

btw i would be happy to bring things in, had good luck in making ede's in the past :)

I think this is a fun idea and if you think about it the more people that are in on it the cheaper it will be either it is a guild that gets the objects as a guild project (or just collects GC to buy em) or a bunch of friends that decides to do it the more the merrier.

Only thing i am curious about is will this be repeatable, Create a sun tzu and when the #day is over you can creat another one right after and end up with 60h of sun tzu (as long as it changes to a normal #day) or will it have a "cooldown" and will you be able to remove a bad day and create a god one right after?

Edited by Entris

Sounds interesting enough. Would have to see how powerful it could be though.

I was thinking to implement the new day stone as a ritual, where multiple players of certain levels each must stand in a room or some place together, each with certain ingredients, then they will click on something and one of them will get the new stone.

sweeeeet

But this takes a bit of effort to implement, so I am not going to implement something that won't get used.

seeing as it's a ritual, an idea is to make this ritual do-able only on a certain day every month (it would give the EL calendar an actual use)

maybe we could make a monthly poll, vote on the day, and people can just donate what they want (with credits for contributions of course;p); maybe a moderator (or someone less busy) can have the job of making the monthly poll

havent given the bad day removals much thought...i personally wouldnt bother using expensive items to get rid of a day (only a 6 hour wait)...but thats just me :)

Edited by Winkz

However, from a RP perspective, it's not quite right, is it? I would have used the word 'realistic', but I'm sure some people would be only to quick to remind me that this is a game.

How does it not fit into a RP perspective?

RP: Citizens of Draia have pooled their riches and sacrificed them to the gods for a blessing and revived a stone to alter the magic around one day.

If anything it sounds pretty good toward add more role-playing and team work to the game. But I may be biased as I've always been for things like this or guild quests/guild god blessings.

Thats a great Idea. I saw some saying about "workers wont win" with this ritual but you see .. for now I, that mix potions, cant sell for a nice price Misxtures of power (refined veg still can be used to creature food). With this ritual i can really produce it in my potion training with real expected marked for it with nice price. I think Radu should change the stoones for things that uses the stone and nobody buys .. like the helms (steel or titanium) its a very nice item that nobody produces because you cant sell it .. so instead 15 binds that can be bought in shop ppl should use 10 helms (10 binds + 20 hydrogenium bars). Same to EDE (phantom warrior summon stone, maybe ..) ELE can me made with alch so .. its fine.

Ppl still would have to buy the Binding and enriched ess on shop (that is good to support the game) but instead just remove it again from the game those items would be used by players developping their skills .. that my opinion about that.

Really like this idea and honestly I think the ingredients required are fine as they are - yes they will take time (and possibly gcs) and no they are not easy to get but I think this is the whole point - otherwise we would have sun tzu running 24/7.

I would love to see this expanded for bad day removal and addition of other special days (joule, recycle etc) :)