Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Apparition

New Day-day of no perks

I'm suggesting a #day of no perks. For 6 hours your perks or cloaks would not work. This would be good for those with negative perks and not so good for those that have positive ones. If you have both types of perks it would be a mixture of good with the bad. The #ignore levels should stay intact though. Not sure if programming could implement it or not.

For those that like to jump in I'll put your 2 cents in for you: OMG this sux0rs! It'll RUIN the game! NOOOO! OMG you're ebul! and the usual stfu and go back to harving.

:lipssealed:

I think this would be a really cool idea! It would be great to get rid of antisocial for a day, but not having my NMT would mean I couldn't train. It affects almost all skills equally, in both negative/positive ways.

+1 from me :lipssealed:

It would be very cruel to players on unfriendly maps who suddenly lost their MM ability. Do players need to take breaks before every day change?

Well tbh Saxum we already have shit days that screw you in the worst time. Like Acid rain that starts while raining while standing outside.. it's happened loads of times :lipssealed:.

This day would be interesting to say the least. But I see more bad than good. Players generally (most not all) have negs for a reason. And that was to take a bad effect for the sake of free PP.

Removing this and adding this day would only make it all the more beneficial to get negs which shouldn't be completely necessary.

Yes but those with NMT perk, MM perk, Evan/TINF perk, harvesting capes, FR capes, PS capes, cant do anything. It affects everything, in a positive AND negative way. Because it ALSO affects cloaks/capes.

It's way over-powered for perks like Antisocial allowing a person to buy-up/sell-off everything he wants to every few months when the right #day rolls around. It would make the Antisocial perk much less of a penalty, clearly not worth the pick-points it gives.

It's way over-powered for perks like Antisocial allowing a person to buy-up/sell-off everything he wants to every few months when the right #day rolls around. It would make the Antisocial perk much less of a penalty, clearly not worth the pick-points it gives.

Sadly yes whilst a lovely idea bkc has hit the nail on the head - a paradise for Anti people

At first I thought it should be for only those perks that have corresponding cloaks... which means it would be bad for everyone that had positive perks/cloaks. This would seem to be a bad day for just about everyone. So why not give those that have negative perks (and those perks without corresponding cloaks) a little bit of a break? At least someone should be able to look forward to a #day such as this. Someone with ONE perk being able to freely move without fear of being blown up for 6 hours.. sure why not? People with Skeptic wouldn't vote for this either so why not leave those 2 perks, Skeptic and Antisocial not included in this #Day? I agree negative perks are that way for a reason and if the community feels the answer is "no" just because of the negative perks then what would you say if it was a #day of no positive perks?

I think this makes negative perks be freebies, if even for a day you do not have the effect. People make a choice to take perks, if they dont like what they choose they can reset or get removals. Either way, I think people should live with the consequences of their choice.

If you have a day of no positive perks, then you nullify the sacrifices people have made to take them as perks, again not nice, but at least temporary. However, I dont think there would be much activity:

Can fight if NMT doesnt work.

Harvest is twice as slow.

Cant even sit afk with my PS cloak :lipssealed:

Could mix, but not eat bones :D

Could explore, but might get eaten (no MM)

Ranging or summoning not much fun without your perks/cloaks.

Do I lose my vanquisher levels?

Can you wear CotU?

All in all it would be a day to be afg (away from game) and do something usefull in RL.

This #day gets a big thumbs down from me.

fun, great day for KF,

COTU perk doesn't work

brod hits! hihi

Edit: yes, i like this day, and no i'm not being sarcastic above :/

Edited by umbrena

Reguardless of perks, negs or positive the day would affect the game more negatively than positively.

Sure people lose MM persk etc and the coresponding capes/perks etc. But bar PK how often are BP/Mirror used? Sure NMT is used in training, but I can just go mix. Who cares if we lose our MM/PS/FR? Easy to work around. Just find something to do in a place that doesn't threaten you and the other 2 are just used for mixing for the added little help but not necessary.

There are a few other perks but don't really do much except for stop evanscence and TINF? yippee?

Now..

Lets get rid of One. 6 hours of free running around.

Anti, 6 hours of buying/selling as much as you want.

PH, makes up for losing PS/FR ;)?

Scotty, all day beams? lolwut

Hellspawn, ok now they can do those things they've always wanted to do and it's 10x easier! Losing this also directly effects underworlder.

Skeptic? not sure if that'd be removed or not.

Godless not such a big deal.

ICD, lol so?

Gelatine bones, oh great less HE's spent?

HoS, sweet now HoS'ers can harvest freely ? :)

I mean honestly, the benefit of dropping those perks outweights the negs by a great deal. This day just makes people want the day to get rid of the perks.. nuff said.

We have to remember, the day/minute/hour you took that neg, you accepted all consequences that come along with it forever.. bar reset and removal.

People who take the negs do not deserve "a day off". They took it to be lazy and skirt some training/mixing/etc and now must suffer consequences. :)

Just split it up in 1 day for #no_positive_perks and one for #no_negative_perks

Everyone happy ;) GOOD idea!

Edit: And those who don't take perks only don't so that they can bitch on those who have! Everyone knows the PPs are way superior to the perks effects :)

Edited by ProHibited

vote no ;):) :)

Perkless person has spoken :D

Sure i did, and i have Vanquisher + How would you do that with big belly perks? also that Vanquisher would be missed =(

I think this makes negative perks be freebies, if even for a day you do not have the effect. People make a choice to take perks, if they dont like what they choose they can reset or get removals. Either way, I think people should live with the consequences of their choice.

If you have a day of no positive perks, then you nullify the sacrifices people have made to take them as perks, again not nice, but at least temporary. However, I dont think there would be much activity:

Can fight if NMT doesnt work.

Harvest is twice as slow.

Cant even sit afk with my PS cloak :pickaxe:

Could mix, but not eat bones :pickaxe:

Could explore, but might get eaten (no MM)

Ranging or summoning not much fun without your perks/cloaks.

Do I lose my vanquisher levels?

Can you wear CotU?

All in all it would be a day to be afg (away from game) and do something usefull in RL.

This #day gets a big thumbs down from me.

My thought exactly, and there's already a couple days where I just sit afk and do nothing (Green Day/Labour Day).

I would hate to say that it would be unfair, but I have a few positive perks that I would like to keep and use, I DID sacrifice PPs for them... I have low EMU because of it.

And yes, you can say "well it would work for negatives too" but honestly I like my positive perks much better than the released negatives.

I'd be okay about the capes, but not the actual perks.

Edited by Lexi