Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patriot

Make the "rare" bars more makeable

I was thinking that it'd be cool that when mixing the standard bars like gold/silver/steel/iron you would have a chance to make the more costly bars such as hydro/wolf/seridium etc. They could have the same rates as efe/ele.

Just a thought, I think it'd be sweet

And what explanation would have the fact that you mix one metal and you get a bar of another metal (not an alloy)?

And what explanation would have the fact that you mix one metal and you get a bar of another metal (not an alloy)?

Same explanation as the fact that you can mine iron and mix the iron with FE and coal to an iron bar - in the mine - without anvil.

Same explanation as the fact that you can mine iron and mix the iron with FE and coal to an iron bar - in the mine - without anvil.

Umm, I don't really think anvils are used to make metal bars, a blast furnace is much more suitable for that task. :)

But point taken, realism shouldn't be seen too dogmatic in a fantasy game anyway.

Anyway, i don't think anything's wrong with the rare bars atm. If circumstances led to players being unable to compete with the NPCs considering the price of an item, so be it. If this trend continues though and hydrogenium bars become something bought mainly from the NPC, we'll have lots of unemployed hydro runners and bombers protesting on the streets. XD

Agreed, I'd rather see a few "rare" items for crafting - eg: combined MOL and MOM or gold/silver ring of protection - def up 10 or so, just a few ideas

Quite honestly, I believe if this happened, the game would be flooded with them, being how on most items, these are probably the easiest of the "rarest" items to obtain/make, thus, to USE them, you must also obtain the already hard to get items in the game.

So what I am trying to say, these rare bars you suggest; there are already probably an abundance in the game that aren't being used because in order to use them you either need 1) A whole lot of them (hydro) or 2) Other rare things (enriched essences, Binding stones etc).

People would just end up selling them NPCs I would thing, thus, another way for gold to get in game, and not out :)

Just my opinion, guys.

So what I am trying to say, these rare bars you suggest; there are already probably an abundance in the game that aren't being used because in order to use them you either need 1) A whole lot of them (hydro) or 2) Other rare things (enriched essences, Binding stones etc).

I think it's the other way, we have enriched essences, binding stones but not the bars.

I buy wolf/seridium bars from NPC, take too muvh time to make and it's cheaper.

I don't see this idea being all that practical..

I mean honestly.

Doing a hydo bar project myself I'd love to obtain "rare" hydro bars while mixing my many many steel/iron bars but it would just ruin the concept of "rare". The reason hydro and things are so abundant is not only the cost in the ings, but the aggrivation it takes a person to undergo it.

Try running 1k worth of hydro ore, and tell me how annoying it s to do.

Snip...

VERY! :)

Now try running 3k s2e to hydro and telling ME how monumentally mental I am.

EdIT: It's an irony that I here quote a comment by someone named "forever".

Back on topic, no way will hydro bars be put in as a chance to be mixed from other recipes ingame, even setting aside the effects it would have on the market and the whole "bomb a hydro miner" crew etc, there is the very big impact it would make to nexus buying that will stop this one from even being considered.

Seridium, dvarium and wolfram bars are another matter though, wouldnt mind hearing they had some "other" means to come into the game.

Edited by Pyewacket

Recap:

1. Seridium bars are relatively easy. There is no need for rare items.

2. Hydro bar is harder because of long hydro runs and you go through pk areas. But it won't reach NPC price because at the price NPC sells steel bars, you can still make s2e/hydro bars at below 15k.

3. Wolfram bar on the other hand uses a serpent stone to be mixed if I remember correctly.

Instead of making a steel bar accidentally give you a wolfram bar, how about instead either:

1. Small chance serpent stone doesn't disappear when mixed into wolfram bar.

2. Small chance wolfram bars can recycle on normal days.

That may slightly lower the price of wolfram bars below NPC price and could possibly help reduce great sword prices.

Edited by hussam

That's a good idea. It should work very well. It won't flood the market with expensive bars because it would be a rare drop and not everyone trains mchim or monsters above that.

But you still make it cheaper and easier for mchim and above trainers to easily replace broken weapons.

Snip...

VERY! :)

Now try running 3k s2e to hydro and telling ME how monumentally mental I am.

EdIT: It's an irony that I here quote a comment by someone named "forever".

I'm doing 10k+. So if you are mental, I'm unfit for the world.

Also lol it is kinda funny. I just didn't see the point in changing my name on forums or creating a new acc.

Burninace ingame ;p

Also, back on topic.

Wolfram drops would be amazing. Serps just aren't as abundant as they once were. I remember 500-2k Serp stones. This 10-15k is getting ridiculous and I feel it's only becoming more and more rare.

If we want to keep wolf bars still rare, I'd say instead of wolf drops, why not serp drops. They don't have to be extremely easy to obtain but the chance of finding one would be amazing. I'd say DChim or Fchim up would be nice. this might also help with the fact that Dchim is one of the worst places to train on due to the horrible drops. Best thing I've ever gotten was GHP. And that was after hundreds of them. I know it's not supposed to make you fat rich to train up but I mean if you think about it. Fluf-Fero's at LEAST drop capes etc. Dchim lost Night Visors and have since been one of (in my opinion) worst training creatures there are.

Edited by forever

FCWs DO drop serp stones, I got one a few days ago, so do MCW, agreed both are pretty rare.

And DCW do drop nicely enriched essences, I got EMEs abotu every 1k and ELEs a bit more often, I agree they could drop serp stones too, though.

FCWs DO drop serp stones, I got one a few days ago, so do MCW, agreed both are pretty rare.

And DCW do drop nicely enriched essences, I got EMEs abotu every 1k and ELEs a bit more often, I agree they could drop serp stones too, though.

Well then.

It's sad that I didn't know this. The reason I probably didn't know this is because in the 10k~ that I've killed inmy day, I've never gotten better than a GHP from DCW. Fchims and up i'm not to sure about.

Possibly making the serp stones a 'little' less rare would be agood fix then?

I think monster drops are getting more rare day by day... Yetis at least did drop wolf bars and now only freaking rops... Well I'm not complaining about their drops because the gc from them is good for me tbh... But getting gc doesnt mean a crap nowadays because the buy-ability of gc is decreasing alot... I think from fcw to LO's, rare drops should be higher, and to balance it, their gc drops can be decreased slightly

My 2 liras,

-Kaddy

While preforming the mystical art of alchemy a sexy draegoni took your attention away from the process and something went terribly wrong...or terribly right: You made a wolfram bar instead of an iron one!

except you dont make iron ore......

I beg your pardon...I didn't quite understand your post.

IMO he was nitpicking and referring that you make an iron bar rather than raw ore...

I beg your pardon...I didn't quite understand your post.

IMO he was nitpicking and referring that you make an iron bar rather than raw ore...

But I never said anything about iron ore :P

...or terribly right: You made a wolfram bar instead of an iron one!

i guess hobo saw an "r" instead of an "n"

Edited by dipi

Well imo it would be more realistic if there's chance to find expensive ore while harving other ores (coal, silver, iron etc.). Just like rostos and other rare stones.

Edit: Hmm actually it would be fun if you could find any ores / minerals while harving them.

Harving coal: "MiiX found a small deposit of hydrogenium and got a hydrogenium ore!"

Harving hydro: "MiiX found a small deposit of blue quartz and got a blue quartz!"

Edited by Miiks