Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Airakose

Favorite Game Of the Moment

(I searched the off topic forum, and skimmed through 10 pages to no avail. If this topic already exists, please delete this post and let me know.)

As indicated by the title ^ this topic is to ask: What is your favorite game of the moment? (That is not an mmorpg) And why?

Personally, I've been obsessing over Garry's Mod lately. It's a Mod of the valve engine (And thus requires a valve game to work)

Why? The game provides an amazing amount of freedom. You can do and make ANYTHING easily.

Anyone willing to learn its scripting language can make new items, npcs, playable characters, even entire gamemodes with few lines of code.

If you're not big into programing, no problem! Just get in-game, put down a few pre-made wall models, select the weld tool, and interactively build a fort. Maybe even take it online and have a fort war with someone! Or you can build something else of your choice.

There are many different pre-made tools available when you first download the game, and many more for free from the game's website, along with entire maps, weapons, items, etc, etc.. all from other people in the game community.

Its really a game for anyone, just because it has everything. Though, unfortunately, everything in this case also includes the bad eggs of the community.

Now, your turn to express away! (Unless a moderator deems this topic inappropriate)

You forgot to mention that you need other Valve Source games to play any of the decent servers that are around, as they usually borrow textures and models from Counter-Strike Day of Defeat and Team Fortress 2.

You call Majora's Mask addictive?

Monster Hunt Tri is addictive!

You call Majora's Mask addictive?

Monster Hunt Tri is addictive!

It all depends on what you do on majora's mask lol.

There is the casual gamer who plays so-so and beats the game.

Then there is me, who ABSOLUTELY MUST get everything. and then after that, I have to figure out every trick there is to do and then try it lol.

Speedruns, blind runs, w/e I'm trying it all.