Eternal Lands Official Forums
nathanstenzel

SirJuan the man that never returns your gear

SirJuan was in the Lorc guild which is allied to PEN and showed up to the instance carpet in augies. That was definately not going to work, so I decided to loan him a full steel set. This was a major mistake on my part. Never trust SirJuan. He is no longer in Lorc. He got pissed about us gathering around him one day while he was AFK. He would not reply to our pm's or local chat and we all were real patient with him for a while. He has gossip tell blocked. I suggest that nobody let him into your guild.

This steel set was from head to toe. Helm, cuisses, greaves, chestplate.

Hourly time-stamp: log continued at 2010-07-17 16:31:32 localtime (CDT)

[17:11:29] nathanstenzel: I can supply steel plate for juan to wear if he returns it

[17:11:29] [northstar @ 11975]: kraken leave channel pls

[17:11:32] elveron: -505 emu lol

[17:11:36] [KrakeN @ 11975]: kk

[17:11:37] Chironex: wow

[17:11:57] northstar: we go now?

[17:11:59] SirJuaN: i will return

[17:12:01] nathanstenzel: juan, will you return it?

[17:12:02] nathanstenzel: ok

[17:12:08] elveron: gogo?

[17:12:17] nathanstenzel: I will gear juan up

[17:12:18] Chironex: wait for the couple to return B)

[17:12:23] northstar: ok

[17:12:27] evelace: what ppl/

[17:12:32] nathanstenzel: elveron has the stuff he needs in inv, so it is good

[17:12:33] evelace: what couple?*

[17:12:52] nathanstenzel: juan, come with me to sto

[17:12:59] Chironex: that couple :pickaxe:

[17:13:10] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: har har har

[17:13:26] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: I just can't have Juan come in augies. That is messed up.

[17:13:36] [evelace @ 11975]: ya...he stil needs a col tho....

[17:13:40] [elveron @ 11975]: you're awesome nathan

[17:13:49] [Chironex @ 11975]: maybe a MOL?

[17:14:19] nathanstenzel: you came here too?

[17:14:50] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: juan?

[17:15:05] [sirJuaN @ 11975]: yes?

[17:15:38] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: you coming to sto? I have some steel for you to put on

[17:15:50] [sirJuaN @ 11975]: i am in mm.. going to sto

[17:15:58] [sirJuaN @ 11975]: The Hellspawn perk rulez, doesn't it?You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[17:16:05] [sirJuaN @ 11975]: that happened to me amoment ago

[17:16:18] SirJuaN was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[17:16:40] You have been saved!

[17:16:59] SirJuaN was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[17:17:31] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: ok. I loaned Juan a FULL steel set.

[17:17:38] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: hopefully, I won't regret it

[17:17:52] [evelace @ 11975]: B) if u do we are witness

[17:18:00] [evelace @ 11975]: im sure it will be fine lets do it!

[17:18:05] nathanstenzel: Juan, you have a uni med?

[17:18:31] nathanstenzel: uni med, Juan?

[17:18:36] SirJuaN: yes

[17:18:38] SirJuaN was notified, now wait to see if s/he wants to trade with you.

[17:18:42] SirJuaN: i have

[17:18:58] nathanstenzel: ok. Fill up on SR, HE and have your dis rings

[17:19:04] SirJuaN aborted the trade.

[17:19:08] SirJuaN: yes i have all

[17:19:09] [elveron @ 11975]: who leads this motley crue?

[17:19:38] [nathanstenzel @ 11975]: well, I have been on a few. I won't claim to be a pro, but if I ask for you to run, please do it

[17:19:43] Welcome to the Morcraven Marsh Battle Hall! Pick an arena.

[17:19:51] [elveron @ 11975]: kk. we listen to nathan then.

[17:19:56] [Chironex @ 11975]: k

[17:20:16] nathanstenzel: ok. Are we all ready?

[17:20:18] [elveron @ 11975]: are there any harvestables in the map? i need my harv hour

[17:20:20] Chironex: I am

[17:20:22] evelace: rdy

[17:20:23] northstar: ready

[17:20:26] elveron: ready

[17:20:27] [Chironex @ 11975]: lol

[17:20:45] nathanstenzel: 5 are ready

[17:20:49] nathanstenzel: juan?

[17:21:02] SirJuaN: ready

Much later......

Hourly time-stamp: log continued at 2010-08-15 15:51:27 localtime (CDT)

[15:50:53] nicktehbrick: How are you?

[15:51:03] nicktehbrick: seems SirJuan didnt like our events with him while afk

[15:51:04] [PM from Dragoe: good]

[15:51:06] nicktehbrick: he left the guild

[15:51:22] nathanstenzel: doing ok. I am watching the StarGate Universe series on netflix

Hourly time-stamp: log continued at 2010-08-15 15:51:27 localtime (CDT)

[15:51:28] #GM from Alch_Store: The new hour is upon us. Are you ready to harvest? I need ore and red flowers.

[15:51:34] nicktehbrick: nice day to relax B)

[15:51:43] nathanstenzel: he has no intention of repaying me, does he?

[15:53:11] [PM to nicktehbrick: he has no intention of repaying me, does he?]

[15:54:03] You started to harvest Iron Ore.

[15:54:04] [PM from nicktehbrick: I have no idea, no one has heard from him. Others have tried to pm also]

[15:54:08] [PM from nicktehbrick: B)]

[15:54:39] nathanstenzel found a bag of gold, getting 20 gold coins

[15:54:40] You stopped harvesting.

[15:54:54] [PM to nicktehbrick: I guess I might as well post something on disputes so that people can find it when they go recruiting]

[15:55:18] [PM from nicktehbrick: Yeah just dig up the chat logs of when you gave it too him]

[15:55:55] [andy @ 409900]: leaving channel

[15:56:40] [Allandor @ 409900]: have fun

That sucks. Sorry for your loss. I once borrowed my spare CoL to a instance party member, but fortunately got it back. This is not honourable behaviour from his side at all, thanks for the warning.

ty for warning,since something similiar happend looong time ago,i borrowing stuff only to people,i know i can trust to,like Khalai =p

Every occasion I saw SirJuan online I pm'ed him, with no replies.

Other guildies also tried but they had the same outcomes.

:D

Sorry for your loss Nathanstenzel.

Sry for your loss. It's weird how dumb actions ppl can do, losing reputation only for lowsy steel set. And none team want him on instance future. What a lamer.

That sucks, sorry to hear :(

[17:20:18] [elveron @ 11975]: are there any harvestables in the map? i need my harv hour

Found this funny, hehehe

Blessed be Nathan

Troubles me hear the loss you had. We gets filled with discouragement when peoples do things like this against us. much of our gear we worked our arses of to get, and then loose it in a snap be course an irresponsible person finds it funny. The only words which summons in my brain is a mix of impotence and discouragement

Sinsirely

Megz

I'm sorry bro, you know you extend a helping hand and someone takes advantage.. sorry about all this. the world sucks sometimes i'll send you a steel set minus helm

Edited by Livin_Legend

Yep, we had troubles with him several months ago and we kicked him out of Ozú!

Sry for your lost.

I'm sorry bro, you know you extend a helping hand and someone takes advantage.. sorry about all this. the world sucks sometimes i'll send you a steel set minus helm

Thank you for the offer, my friend. Some of the Lorc guild offered the same, but I declined. I simply can't let anyone else than SirJuan part with a steel set as a result of SirJuan's actions. Of course, I would not be able to stand myself if I didn't warn others about such deeds either, so I have made this post to warn everyone.....in addition to my Mass IG Warning System.....where I IG everyone on my allies list and perhaps a few others......with a total allied guild count of about 42.

SirJuan pretended to be interested in paying back his debt a few times and didn't follow through and actually pay me back, so I am adding 500gc to his tab for wasting my damned time. It has been a few weeks now too, so he is lucky I am not charging interest.

SirJuan pretended to be interested in paying back his debt a few times and didn't follow through and actually pay me back, so I am adding 500gc to his tab for wasting my damned time. It has been a few weeks now too, so he is lucky I am not charging interest.
So, you're adding 500gc to his bill, but it doesn't count as interest? Nice! :P

You sound like my bank. Administrative charges of 25 GBP for sending you a second-class letter with a 28p stamp!

Edited by EaglePrince

So, you're adding 500gc to his bill, but it doesn't count as interest? Nice! :D

You sound like my bank. Administrative charges of 25 GBP for sending you a second-class letter with a 28p stamp!

It's a fine, not interest :P (interests are based on a time period, fines are based in a fault made)

I'm sure a fine/penalty will totally encourage someone to return something he's probably not intending to return in the first place :X

I'm sure a fine/penalty will totally encourage someone to return something he's probably not intending to return in the first place :X

Maybe yes and maybe no, but it only proves the sort of bullcrap I am having to go through. That 500 gc was for 3 hours of wasted time and about 350gc of wasted items.

Even if he doesn't want to pay me back, I get to make his EL life hell until he does. I do know how to do that. :P

I get to make his EL life hell until he does. I do know how to do that. :P

How do you suppose you'd do such a thing? afaik, you don't pk. no matter how many people ban him from bots there are "friends" that can buy from/sell to bots if it's really necessary.

Shssh; don't ruin his threat bigky :( remember? He has 40something allies he can spam if he wants someone killed :( let the man be proud in having big bad friends. I mean..his bragged about it in channels before so I take it that he has great pride in his "mass #IG warning system"!! Who wouldn't be scared?!? D:

on a serious note:

1) such untrustable people make sharing in an instance difficult :| banning him from my bot as well.

2) OH so your the reason why we had to change our channel number...smart.

3) lol @ you leading an instance :(

That sucks, sorry to hear :(

Found this funny, hehehe

What else would you expect from me?

I just got paid back. Full steel plate with a RDHoLaM as a substitute for the steel helm. This is quite acceptable.

Repaid in full.

Sorry for your loss Nathan :( It seems you lose out for just being helpful.. :(

Also this guy definately doesn't belong in an honorable guild like Lorc.

I have to admit, i often judge people by their guildtag, for example if i were you, i'd probably let a Lorc member BORROW my stuff for a bit too, as Lorc is one of the most proud and honorable guilds in EL imo but if they were in a guild which has been taged negatively (to HOLY), I definately wouldn't, therefore this guy should not be in any guild like Lorc.

Thx to Lorc for kicking this guy out and keeping your guild clean :)

Where is the 1y1m worth of interest?

Well, you could say inflation covered that, I suppose.

Perhaps I could have been greedy and asked for more, but it is not really my style.