Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ricky

Alchemic

lureing is a rule for newbes only yes i know his name is dubro and i need 2 thank 2 pepole i know other preson that help me get 2 stuff back other i dont

With all due respect, I don't think authority figures should be announcing name changes on ch6.

Ok, Alchemeic's behaviour was despicable, but he broke no rules and has effectively wasted time/money changing his name.

Just my €0.02

With all due respect, I don't think authority figures should be announcing name changes on ch6.

I think in special cases (like this one) it should be reviled. Why? Because he wanted to avoid punishment from community by changing his nick. Why should he be allowed to trick us all? Only because he paid for it (using gc from sold loot he took)? Let’s not make EL like some countries that blindly sticks to the LAW.

Once more, thank you Radu for your decision.

I think what alchemic did isn't nice, but I also think he might be getting the blame for some things he possibly didn't do AND I think some people who have been around EL for very long already should be ashamed of even falling for tricks like alchemic pulled.

Alchemic decided to want to 'better his EL life', which is why he namechanged to Dubro. Regardless of any doubts you may have about that, how about at least giving him the chance to prove that he can do without all the childish tricks? Just be aware, instead of taking any possibility you have to say something bad about him in public channels to see if he'll throw a fit. I think it's only fair to give him the chance to prove himself.

Yes i actually belive he might want to change his ways a little, but if he succeed will be seen. For now he stays banned on Mercator, and i am careful not to join an instance with him in it, but if he works on his reputation, that all will change.

Its simply a matter of trust. Everyone who knows me in this game knows, that i trust people to a degree that may be allready seam me as a fool. But trusting someone who was so low to lure someone in a pk area, just because he promised to have turned a new page in his book would be indeed foolish.

Oh yes i am very very very sorry i stoled all that money from the pensioners and orphans fund and its sat nice and safe in my own offshore bank account but now I am a multi millionaire coz of other peoples money, I'd just like the authorities to approve my name-change by deedpoll, stamp this new passport so I can live comfortably without being harrassed about it all, and maybe when funds get low again I can start my wicked ways again on an unsuspecting world

Do me a lemon, I'd sooner believe a growling rottweiler was just going to lick my hand than believe dear alchemidubro was really really sorry he was so successful at what he did.

Seriously though, I have not got a problem with what he does to earn his gc. I dont personally like it but I learned a long time ago that I shouldnt judge how someone plays el and chooses to use the pk areas. I dont think he should get away with his choice of gameplay though, without some attempt to crimp his easy lifestyle, so am more than happy to support friends and allied bot owners on my trade network if they wish to ban him from trading. That's why his new name is banned as well.

As for EP there, sorry mate but having ones new name announced if the intent was clearly to hide from ones own past misdeeds is bang out of order. It's exploiting the system by using $, and theres enough ways to do that without hiding behind a new name. Besides, technically he didnt waste his money, he still has the name he paid for, no? I dont think anything in the shop info mentions anonymity being a condition of sale, does it? That's just a curtesy of Radu that may or may not be adhered to as he sees fit.

Alchemic, you profess to have teh balls lad, stand up and be proud of your ways, dont hide behind new names, that's too close to feeling guilty about it all, which we all KNOW aint the case. Your game morals just arent built that way, I should know, I am the exact opposite end of the game-spectrum to you. El needs its bad guys, if you wish to be one then sod everyone including me who wants to pk you for it. I dont respect, admire or even like your way of playing but I would fight to defend your right to play it as you wish, providing it doesnt break game rules. But don't expect me to believe this "turning over a new leaf" malarky, it just doesn't wash when you've got a storage full of ill gotten gains, lad.

Having said all this, trade networks and diplomacy come first, and it is there that my support will continue, so the trade ban stands. However, I do not condone or support any action that is downright harrassment in nature, even if I am sometimes amused by it occuring.

Alchemic has long been banned on my bots.

Dubro is now banned.

I ban known scammers from the bots, as I am sure that, unlike the majority of EL, they would scam a bot if they were able to. Therefore I protect my investment and GC by not allowing them to trade.

Oh yes i am very very very sorry i stoled all that money from the pensioners and orphans fund and its sat nice and safe in my own offshore bank account but now I am a multi millionaire coz of other peoples money, I'd just like the authorities to approve my name-change by deedpoll, stamp this new passport so I can live comfortably without being harrassed about it all, and maybe when funds get low again I can start my wicked ways again on an unsuspecting world

Do me a lemon, I'd sooner believe a growling rottweiler was just going to lick my hand than believe dear alchemidubro was really really sorry he was so successful at what he did.

Seriously though, I have not got a problem with what he does to earn his gc. I dont personally like it but I learned a long time ago that I shouldnt judge how someone plays el and chooses to use the pk areas. I dont think he should get away with his choice of gameplay though, without some attempt to crimp his easy lifestyle, so am more than happy to support friends and allied bot owners on my trade network if they wish to ban him from trading. That's why his new name is banned as well.

As for EP there, sorry mate but having ones new name announced if the intent was clearly to hide from ones own past misdeeds is bang out of order. It's exploiting the system by using $, and theres enough ways to do that without hiding behind a new name. Besides, technically he didnt waste his money, he still has the name he paid for, no? I dont think anything in the shop info mentions anonymity being a condition of sale, does it? That's just a curtesy of Radu that may or may not be adhered to as he sees fit.

Alchemic, you profess to have teh balls lad, stand up and be proud of your ways, dont hide behind new names, that's too close to feeling guilty about it all, which we all KNOW aint the case. Your game morals just arent built that way, I should know, I am the exact opposite end of the game-spectrum to you. El needs its bad guys, if you wish to be one then sod everyone including me who wants to pk you for it. I dont respect, admire or even like your way of playing but I would fight to defend your right to play it as you wish, providing it doesnt break game rules. But don't expect me to believe this "turning over a new leaf" malarky, it just doesn't wash when you've got a storage full of ill gotten gains, lad.

Having said all this, trade networks and diplomacy come first, and it is there that my support will continue, so the trade ban stands. However, I do not condone or support any action that is downright harrassment in nature, even if I am sometimes amused by it occuring.

Sorry Pye, but your analogy is weak. :hehe:

The situation you described is pretty close to money laundering, and is a heavily punished crime in most civilised countries. By contrast, what Alchemic did is not a recognised crime in Draia, no matter how outlawish you may consider it to be. I would not condone such in my guild, as you know, but that's beside the point! :whistle:

Yes, he is (was?) trying to hide behind a namechange, but please note my use of words in the former post. I would have no issue at all with this if it was announced by some regular player. I also think that announcing name changes is bad for business anyway, since it will discourage people from changing their names - if the purpose of the namechange is to obtain a new identity.

As far as I'm concerned, namechange or not, a leopard is a leopard, and is still dangerous even if you call it 'Rose'! :) Alchemic - or shall we say Dubro - needs an attitude change, not just a namechange.

I would have no issue at all with this if it was announced by some regular player. I also think that announcing name changes is bad for business anyway, since it will discourage people from changing their names - if the purpose of the namechange is to obtain a new identity.

1. How would we know that he changed nick to Dubro? Do you think he would tell us? So how in the world a player could announce that?

2. Is the purpose of nick change avoiding community punishment? I don’t think so.

As far as I'm concerned, namechange or not, a leopard is a leopard, and is still dangerous even if you call it 'Rose'! :whistle: Alchemic - or shall we say Dubro - needs an attitude change, not just a namechange.

I totally agree with that. But this is the hard way. Much easier is to pay for nick change and hide in the crowd and lay low for some time. Alchemic/Dubro will really need to proof that he changed his game style.

1. How would we know that he changed nick to Dubro? Do you think he would tell us? So how in the world a player could announce that?

2. Is the purpose of nick change avoiding community punishment? I don’t think so.

That's part of the problem.

People assume that they have the right to know when a perceived outlaw changes his name. How many times did Liquid/Eyafostu/Prophet/etc/etc change his name? How many times did we have to figure out who a 'new' char is just by observation?

Name changes merely delay the inevitable. Don't forget that your buddies, guild, stats and most importantly, your personality, don't change when you namechange. Sooner or later, people - well, the smart ones anyway! - will figure out who you are.

The ONLY way to instantly disconnect from an old char is to make a new one.

Not to be funny or anthing, but this is the 2nd maybe 3rd time demin1(Ricky) has gone into a pk map or been lured to one WITHOUT a rosto, first time he lost a tit shield and fr cape iirc, i tried to get it back and told him to always wear a rosto when he has his expensive stuff(he was in same guild as me at that time.) and then this happens, if he doesn't want to loose stuff then carry a rosto when he has his expensive stuff on like i keep saying to him, please learn from it this time m8 :hehe::whistle:

#EDIT typo

Littlelooter

~~~~~~~

Edited by LittleLooter

lol'd @ the dude paying $ for a namechange then getting found out moments later.

Love the double standards though, ragutizlt (newhope for the holy rollers) did exactly the same shit as this guy but apparently he was trustworthy loool.

Edited by Sabbath

I think what alchemic did isn't nice, but I also think he might be getting the blame for some things he possibly didn't do AND I think some people who have been around EL for very long already should be ashamed of even falling for tricks like alchemic pulled.

Alchemic decided to want to 'better his EL life', which is why he namechanged to Dubro. Regardless of any doubts you may have about that, how about at least giving him the chance to prove that he can do without all the childish tricks? Just be aware, instead of taking any possibility you have to say something bad about him in public channels to see if he'll throw a fit. I think it's only fair to give him the chance to prove himself.

Would you go have dinner at Jeffrey Dahmer's Dills?

i just hope he does the right thing and returns the stuff he bj

Edited by ricky

i totally agree with pyewacket here.

imho he didnt namechange to be less annoying but because he found out that its hard to buy/sell things or do instances when you have pissed off virtually every existing guild in EL, by luring credulous ppl for profit (which is one of the most despicable things you can do).

One more thing, just imagine this kind of scenario. Radu won’t reveal nick change of such BJer as Alchemic. You take Dubro (as you don’t know him) on instance. Then you are BJed again!

What the hell you think! You open another thread and add Dubro to disputes. Then again, Dubro changes his nick and …

Never ending story huh?

So Radu, thank you for not letting this happen!

And for the matter of “give him a chance”. Well he has it now. How he plays and when/if his sins will be forgotten depends only of himself and his game play.

EDIT:

Yesterday Dubro contacted me with pretensions that I wrote on forum that he is still BJing. Well he probably didn’t read first sentence or understand what I meant in this post. But I promised him to edit post and make a correction statement. Here it goes:

Dubron DIDN’T BJ me after he changed nick. I do not know about such cases and above scenario is only hypothetical.

Edited by Devnul

if u dont want to do anything with alchemic/dubro (or whatever) just put him on your ignore list

i think u have all overdone it with this thread, and i think most of you can protect yourself against scammers etc

i do want 2 have something 2 do with him he said he might give the stuff back he has 2 think of it first i just hope he does then its all good

Today several of us went on the 80-100 instance

Players were: Utopia, Solarstar, Tropatropa, Cajun_belle, myself and DuBro (aka, alchemic)

Some of you may be surprised by this fact, but we set some ground rules and figured it wouldn't hurt tppp badly to try it once with him.

Now, we set some ground rules.

1) He was not to pick up any bags from mobs or players.

2) He was not to move from IP tele spot until we had recieved a screenie of his inv.

He did comply with the rules. We had Yeti's first adn he kept insisting it would be faster if he picked them up. But we refused this (it may have been faster but we didn't care) and he did not pick up any bags.

He did stay put on ip until we got the screenie, and I did watch his feet the entire time. He did not drop and hyper anything.

So, basically he didn't bj or scam any of us.

That said, the entire time he was incredibly annoying, demanding and bothersome. After I died 2 times to yeti's (don't look at me like that!) he insisted he would tank and kept bossing me and everyone else around. He also demanded repeatedly all def potions and evasion potions and threatened not to tank anymore if they were not given to him. He ordered people to equip certain weapons, attack at certain times, dis at certain times and bascially treated us crappily.

I promised I would post for the group that dubro (alchemic) did not bj or scam. However, I felt it was prudent to add a warning that if you do an instance with him you will get highly annoyed with him. Certainly that is not criteria for not doing an instance with someone. It is simply a fact.

Also, I lent him my sop and recieved it back at the end of hte instance. ofc I had his cutty adn tit torso so that may have been incentive

-Guinevereanne

Edited by guinevereanne

However, I felt it was prudent to add a warning that if you do an instance with him you will get highly annoyed with him.

Sounds just like Koddy! :D

Sorry for off topic and GZ Dubro for finally getting on instance.

Good post, Guinevereanne. :(