Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Amaara

Why is it...

that when you make a suggestion to the game, you open yourself up to being insulted, denigrated, ridiculed, and shouted at?

Don't people know how to make their disagreement without being insulting? There is absolutely no need for name calling to make a counter point!

I am finished making any suggestions or even posting in the suggestion section. I am not lazy nor am I whiner! I do not appreciate being shouted at.

I truly wish they would moderate that forum the way that the Help Channels are moderated.

In your most recent suggestion post, I found that the responses were not insulting, condescending, or even shouting.

I have posted several suggestions in the past and will continue to do so. Some may like or dislike my suggestion or provide comments but thus far I have found none inflammatory or otherwise of the same quality of many posts of the unofficial forums.

This is the internet, please do learn not to take things personally. As you have the ability to suggest, we have the ability to comment on your suggestion. If you do not like the responses that you receive on your suggestions then please merely ignore them.

that when you make a suggestion to the game, you open yourself up to being insulted, denigrated, ridiculed, and shouted at?
This is an unfortunate feature of the Internet, I'm afraid. Anonymity provides people an opportunity to say things they would never say in 'public'

Don't people know how to make their disagreement without being insulting? There is absolutely no need for name calling to make a counter point!
I agree with you on this one, but sadly, not all denizens of Draia - or of the net as a whole - are so mature. See this post, for example ;)

I agree with you on this one, but sadly, not all denizens of Draia - or of the net as a whole - are so mature.

Are you kidding? Have you seen the post she's here crying about?

have a look:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53475

Well, why not after all. But it's not THAT BIG PITA, the storage is just behind the corner.

And you can do it, as I do - take only ingreds for items and some spare as well, drop inventory on the ground in front of Daritha, mix items needed, pick up bag with your inventory and you're good to go again

OMG IT R JUST SOOO INSULTING.

Her suggestion didn't get immediate, universal support, so now shes in the corner crying with a scrunched up face yelling about how she's never going to suggest anything again.

...which brings me back to my earlier post in this thread...

Edited by Korrode

I truly wish they would moderate that forum the way that the Help Channels are moderated.

Grow the fuck up.

My point exactly.

;):)

Detta my sympathy goes out to you, and i admire your courage to stand up against this type of dispicable behaviour ;)

@The other meanies who have SHOUTED or posted vulguar comments on your original post and even here on this new one, im not sure what to say except im horrified that this has been allowed to happen in this day and age.

Maybe some sort of 'filter' type system should be applied to this and all other forums with no opt out options like the one the Australian Government had/has planned to implement for its citizens.

To think that "freedom of speech" is allowing this to happen to to innocent people each and everyday. Thats like 15 people a week if my caculator is working properly. Its time we put a stop to that freedom now for all our sakes!

If you are referring to my reply to your recent suggestion as Korrode already linked to above in this thread, please tell me, where I was insulting you, being condescending or shouted at you. I have done none as I was neutral and even politely pointed out some solution, which may not occured to you...

If you are referring to those three capitalized words I used, well... ever heard of emphasis? This forum is unfortunately unable to translate diction and speech tone into written words, so we use capitalization, bold typing or whatever else to make it up for it.

Detta....

I did the same thing; seen a lot of people do it. Welcome to Eternal Lands.... in a few weeks in, lots of people go through an "I HAVE IDEAS" burst... been there... done that... learnt better.

Look at this educational video:

I went back, and looked at your other threads to evaluate what you had suggested and peoples responses, but you've edited out your posts. ;) I'm sorry you felt the need to do that.

-Zen

well, in my life i had many situations where some need to be rude...

here we meet people from all places, nice ones ... educating ones ... rude ones.

its like you go on the street and invite all you see to your home to play or talk with you.

well here you have the option to just leave or ignore.

and also an option not to continue a fight someone started...

me, i have sometimes the feeling, if some can't get you to a pk-map they try to get you here

when i read some replies, again the feeling some just want to be a bully ....

so just ignore what you don't like ... its an anonymous game so don't take it to personal.

i just give up to think that here you can really discuss things without having someone coming up

with a rude comment ...just to say 'hey i know all' or 'hey i m here much longer so i m right' ;)

in hope to find some nice new ideas to bring more fun into el :) ... don't give up :)

Edited by wuffzel

I used to feel that way in the suggestion area, so I stopped suggestioning. It wasn't just replies, people went in game and would rant you out in PM. Annoying..

Anyway, don't take it SERIOUSLY, half the people don't really MEAN what they say. It's the internet... they can be rude with no repercussions.

Just remember though, people can take something someone said and twist it around too, so it can work both ways.

I agree with you on this one, but sadly, not all denizens of Draia - or of the net as a whole - are so mature.

Are you kidding? Have you seen the post she's here crying about?

have a look:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53475

The contents of that post seem to have been deleted before my post, so I don't know what it was about.

In any case, I was merely agreeing with the portion of the post I quoted as a general statement, regardless of the context.

The contents of that post seem to have been deleted before my post, so I don't know what it was about.

The replies to her, which is exactly the part she is complaining about, are not deleted.

In any case, I was merely agreeing with the portion of the post I quoted as a general statement, regardless of the context.

Fair enough, but personally i'd always get the context when a complaint like this is made. If we were to listen to and act on the complaints of every single person who complained about content they don't like, the forums may as well just be shut down, as some people got to pieces over nothing. This Detta person, for instance.

Wow, kinda hillarious seeing Korrodes and PaulB's replies.. You got beaten alot in school, eh?

<rude mode>

Please read and respect Forum Rule #27.

And i can imagine how important and constructive was your original suggestion so you edited and we can't see and evaluate it anymore.

</rude mode>

i agree in principle, suggestion forum is bad.

But you were lucky, since KhalaI made a normal response with only using CAPS as emphasis not shouting.

Seems just a misunderstanding to me.

After all you were handled much better than most of us there and sometimes even the ones you call for moderation are the ones who treat you bad there, so thats not a solution :)

regards (and dont take everything too serious here)

:)

Just a general comment, mainly addressed at the original poster - not talking about any reply in particular.

In the Suggestions forum, there is only a set of reader that counts - and that's the Developers. If a suggestion looks good to Radu (the main developer of EL), it will get implemented, regardless of any negative comment. If an idea looks bad to Radu, it will not be implemented, regardless any positive comment. If an idea is good and has lots of positive comments, but Radu is busy with something else, it might never be implemented, for reasons that have nothing to do with the merit of the idea, or with the personal qualities of the poster.

So, don't take those comments in your thread too personally. It's just people expressing their opinion, to which they are entitled as you and me are. If the attitude or language they use is less than ideal, consider it just a feature of the medium / an indication of their bad command of the language / a sign of frustration and spitefulness on their part / a hint that human nature is fundamentally twisted. Or, the respondents may raise valid points which at first sight you overlooked. Whatever it is, there is no reason to take it too personally, the human race is what it is.

Hence, please, keep suggestions coming! :)

It's the nature of the internet. Also, some people don't take kindly to newer players posting the suggestions forum.

Not saying there was anybody bad said, but in general to touch up on usl's comment, the anonimity of the internet almost encourages ppl to say things which they would not say to a persons face. I admit I'm a culprit at times especially when im drunk :pickaxe:

Well since we cannot opt out of a quest, I'm not going to play EL anymore. I spent 3 days trying to complete the hawk assignment for Haidir to no avail. I ended up so frustrated that I started being obnoxious to a total stranger!

This is supposed to be only a game and an enjoyable one. Three IRL days trying to complete something and not being able to opt out is ridiculous - so goodbye to all I've met playing EL!

Hahaha just try to decide what to do :)

Lmao, Now I can confirm that real life became exactly like on the internet... guys, get out more on the real life, and feel the wind, not the internet radiations:))