Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

Xaq mums in TG not counted right

Most of the times when I get the mums in TG they pose no problem, but today something strange happened:

I went to harvest with only 76 space in inventory.

When I was full, I went to storage and dropped everything off.

Grabbed 100 mums and went back.

did not get a completion message but got totally full again.

Went back to sto, dropped it off and back to the mums again.

Harvested 4 more mums and was done.

The flowers were all from the same bush, but I might not have sat in the same position all three times.

Other people have reported similar issues, with needing way more than the asked for 80 mums before getting the completion message.

I dont know of it happening at any other flower.

This might have to do with the fact that for quest purposes the number of picks is counted, not the number of items obtained? It is the same as for harvest xp; the first 120 picks count, not the first 120 items. In particular, when using an excavator cape or harvesting multiple-items-per-pick stuff (such as several flowers), you may end up having to harvest many more items than requested (but the number of harvest actions required will be the expected one)...

Maybe the total number of chrysanthemums you harvested, in the various batches, was 160 (normally) or 320 (if wearing an excavator cape)? Those would correspond to 80 picks.

This might have to do with the fact that for quest purposes the number of picks is counted, not the number of items obtained? It is the same as for harvest xp; the first 120 picks count, not the first 120 items. In particular, when using an excavator cape or harvesting multiple-items-per-pick stuff (such as several flowers), you may end up having to harvest many more items than requested (but the number of harvest actions required will be the expected one)...

Maybe the total number of chrysanthemums you harvested, in the various batches, was 160 (normally) or 320 (if wearing an excavator cape)? Those would correspond to 80 picks.

Actually, the amount is relevant for quests, not the number of picks. At least that's the case with BSF in GP/SRM, I always pick those with MM cape/naked, so no excavator perk, those BSF are 2/pick and still, I have to deliver only requested amount of them...

As for mums in TG, I experienced similar problems sometimes, but I changed position and bushes until I got the message and it only occured twice, so I did not put any interest in that anyway...

Apparently this happens when you stand exactly on the coords Xaq gives you. Since I try to be 1 step next to the coords I never had this problem anymore.

Actually, the amount is relevant for quests, not the number of picks.

As far as I can tell, the number of picks is counted for the quest (i.e., getting the completion message); when delivering to Xaquelina, she will take the required amount of items (at that point, it doesn't matter if the items are from the right spot or from elsewhere, or even from storage, as long as you have the required amount in your inventory).

I am pretty sure that it works that way for Excavator perk/cape. As for multi-item flowers, it used to work as I described, but I haven't tested recently - it's entirely possible that the text of the message has been updated, so that when Xaquelina says 100 bsf, the actual counter is initialized to 50 picks, to offset the multi-pick effect. I will re-check once Miss X gives me one of those to harvest.

However, if Sir_Odie is right all the discussion above is not relevant, and it might be a problem with the map object used for the quest instead.

It is not the excavator cloak that causes the problem, and the amount xaq asks for is corrected for normal double harvests, as with the mums. I've done the quest before w/o cloak and got the requested 80 flowers (in 40 picks). It must have something to do with location, but this is the only quest where I have heard that problems exist. All other issues I know of were always due to harvest cloak/perk.

In some requests from xaquelina there are 2 o 3 bushes of the same location, wich only 1 works correctly. If you collected the right number and you didn't complete the request, change of flower/bush.

This also happens in the poppies in RoT for example, or the WaL in MM.

Edited by dipi

I looked into the issue you reported, and the coordinates of 232,153 SHOULD work. I expanded the area a bit though, maybe it will make it easier in the future.

I had this problem yesterday and never completed the task and today a friend of mine had the same problem and she was unable to complete tg 317,26 mums doesnt work please help

Have you tried moving a step after 80 harvests, the location you stand in is still important, but I haven't had any problem with this quest since the area was expanded. If you harvest the requested amount (w/o exc cape) and get no message, move one step and try again.

Have you tried moving a step after 80 harvests, the location you stand in is still important, but I haven't had any problem with this quest since the area was expanded. If you harvest the requested amount (w/o exc cape) and get no message, move one step and try again.

I tried that