Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pride

Help my school win $500,000

Hey guys and Gals! Pride here :pickaxe:

So I won't try to write a whole essay trying to convince all of you, but I will do it very concisely. I just graduated last June from the high school I transferred to after my freshman year. Metropolitan Arts and Technology is a project-based charter school located in San Francisco. The staff is just wonderful, and the student body is also very inviting. This prompted me to join the Student Leadership Council (think student government) and while I was working there as Director of Activities, I saw just how much everyone loved the school. No cliques, no harassment, everyone got along. There was always someone willing to help out with the school, and because we strive away from the traditional bookwork that most schools have, we are not part of our city's school district. They technically have no jurisdiction over us, but this leaves us without their funding and instead, we rely on other private organizations (Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, for one).

We have also been moving around a lot, as we have no campus to call our own. The district has been jerking us around and many of us believe that they feel threatened by our way of doing things. Group projects and hands on learning over sitting in a room for hours, reading out of a text book. They have tried many times to shut us down, but we managed to stay alive because of our results.

Over 90% of our graduates go on to college, and if you look at the numbers for other school, it is definitely impressive. I don't know how many of you will actually take the time to vote, but I have seen the compassion and kindness many of you in this community have shown. From concern to issues in real life, to setting up raffles for in-game items in exchange for a small donation to cancer organizations. This may not mean much to too many, but our educational system needs some adjusting, and my school is one of the few in my city to try something different.

Here is the link. It does require you to like Kohl's page. You do get to vote up to 5 times for a school, so please do that: http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/school...are&ref=mf#

If the link doesn't work, please look up Kohls and then find our school through the search feature. Metropolitan Arts and Technology High school located in San Francisco.

Afterwards, just leave a reply, telling them that Walter told you about the school, and that you support us or feel free to just share a though. We're a very small school (~200 people), and the bigger schools with decent funding outnumber us greatly so any support is great :]

Voted:

hobobob38

KoDdy

Edited by Pride

Voters, please mention my real name Walter in the suggestion box after you vote (only way to tell which are EL players) and you'll be entered in a raffle to win a rosto and a couple of other items worth over 50k total :pickaxe:

Edit: please don't just leave my name in the suggestion corner. If you can, try to genuinely give a suggestion on how the school can spend the money.

Edited by Pride

oh and please post both your facebook name and ingame name here after voting and posting.

@Aislinn or a mod: can I get this moved to events please?

I tried voting, but I am on Dial up, and the whole thing is done in flash... I couldn't get it to work, sorry.