Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

At the risk of starting a gender war :P

There is house work, grocery shopping, yard work and other miscellaneous chores. What matters is that it is all balanced and if either the man or the woman does not have the ability or desire to pay their fair share of the bills, they make up for it in chores.

On another note, those who suck at cooking should do some other chore and those that suck at laundry should do some other chore.

I personally don't have the skills to do Women's laundry (too many delicates and sorting and crap), so I would say the women that I end up with should get stuck with that chore. lol

I have heard of some women you would Not want in the kitchen.

The best way to reduce stress in a household over chores is Do It Together! You will be happier that way too, because you are doing something with your loved one and can chat with them while you do it.

The best way to reduce stress in a household over chores is Do It Together! You will be happier that way too, because you are doing something with your loved one and can chat with them while you do it.

I totally agree with this!

Nathan you're so right there. Part of the problem for me is that I have a problem with my left hand that make doing the dishes very painful, and our kitchen is too small to install a dishwasher. My wife knows this and doesn't mind, but I still make an effort to do it when I know she's got a lot to do. Having said that, there's lots to do that I can handle, so I do those.

What works for me is simply to ask, and I'll help even when I don't feel like it. What doesn't work is to demand I do something because you had a hard day. Well, maybe I had a hard day too?

That's why I like nathan's comments. Do it together, and I don't mean just that! :) Talk about things. It really does help.

It's amazing what you can achieve by saying 'please' and 'thank you' It's all about relationship, not rights.