Eternal Lands Official Forums
unfairly_banned

home network

Hi,

all friends who have play at my home are now locked

me (Bankei) and a friend (Schichiri) were playing when a guy (LamerOK) seems to have suspect my friend to macro... an admin (Wizzy) checked and all seems ok.

but now all people i played with are locked

the list (i hope i do not forget some) : Bankei, Schichiri, Amaelle, Hians, Emma, Elina, Test99, Fabrice.

we play on network and trade together from a while, but it's the lock reason said on screen when happened (rule 5). In fact i suppose all that is due to the macro suspicion (thanks to LamerOK who seems to have not stolen his name!!)

Some questions for you.

1. How did you know they ALL were locked so quickly?

2. Why do those characters ONLY play where you play? Never has one of those characters played elsewhere where you were not.

3. How many computers do you have at your house? 9?

4. Why are some of those only harvest alts|mules living to supply other characters? Some friends, got any more? I'm sure the rest of EL would LOVE rl friends who do nothing more than come over to their house every day for no other purpose than to supply them.

1- http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=

2- because they dont have computer

3- only 2 (but it seems enough to be in trouble!)

4- who dont play often discover the game with easy tasks

so

1- how a ill-disposed player can produce a ban for a whole group who play from months?

2- don't you have better way than subjective advice to track cheaters?

1. Why would you look at all of your friends' accounts if only 2 characters were online at the time of the ban?

2. I am supposed to believe that 8 separate friends don't have internet and can only play at your house?

3. So your 8 friends' ideas of a good time are to come over and watch 2 of you play at a time? And only get 5 minutes a pop? Just long enough to trade with you?

4. Real players want to explore too and keep their items and their gc, not just harvest and deliver for a friend.

My way to track cheaters is pretty good actually. The only catch is it's done manually so sometimes it takes a while before I get to you. That doesn't mean you got away with it, or will get away with it, if you managed to do it for a while.

Oh yeah, why here in forums are you claiming 8 friends but ingame after the ban you talked about "all my characters" and your "main" ?

1- cause i was afraid about such an arbitrary way to match IP

2- yes

3- you probably mis-analysed the records

4- we often exchange what we get, in both ways

IP matching upon 1 silly complain is not a way to track cheaters, as your subjective deductions:

i also have the logs, i said "all my char and friends chars" and did not talk about "main", and as you can see im not english native

cant you recognize that was a mistake?

dont you have one serious reason to give?

The complaint was the trigger that made us look, not the reason for the lock.

You admit to breaking rule 5: trading on same IP. This has a standard penalty (locking of all chars), nothing unfair about that. After a month, for first offenders, you can get one char unlocked. Be glad you will be able to get one back.

If you are really more than one person on more than one PC, how about some proof instead of all the whining:

Show a photo with both machines running EL AND all friends that come to your house to play with a namecard that lists their chars. This can be sent by forum-pm to Aislinn.

Have your friends post from their home/school/internet cafe in the unregistered part of the forum to support your claim.

How many friends are there, and who owns which chars.

The behavior of several sets of your characters already triggered red flags with me several times these past months, I just didn't realize they all belonged to the same IP.

Most chars are low level with mule stats (slaves) and didn't even do the newbie tutorial. If you really wanted to introduce a friend to the game, why did they not use the splendid opportunity to learn the ropes by doing the tutorial provided? What kind of fun is it to invite friends over to your house to play a game and then have them harvest for hours on end?

I only saw one of the chars ever in ch 1, a logical place for a person to learn more about this game, but the questions asked were not at all what you would expect of a newbie char trying to learn the game.

All in all you will have a very hard time convincing me that there are multiple real players here that actually PLAYED the game.

I would consider yourself lucky that all that happened was a lock of the chars. Make one new one, really play it for a month, like it is supposed to be played, and then after that month decide which char you want to keep.

Good luck.

at least a reasonable answer, i was frightened about playing a game moderated by fierce!

i will do the described photos thanks

(to answer about tutorial: for non-english-speakers that's boring to translate so much just for a few cheap items, they prefer harverst few hours then begin to play with nicer weapons...)

Edited by unfairly_banned

(to answer about tutorial: for non-english-speakers that's boring to translate so much just for a few cheap items, they prefer harverst few hours then begin to play with nicer weapons...)

So why wouldn't you want to play on the french server then?

I am confused, what playing? I looked up the chars you mentioned (on gossip) and from the skills/rankings I found the following:

Bankei, never fought more than a few bunnies, unleveled a/d, only harvest levels, high phys and no coord = bad for fighting

Schichiri, same as Bankei, a mule/slave char not good for actually playing the game with

Amaelle, unleveled a/d, cant judge if this char was ever actually played other than harving

Hians, has some stats, have chatlog from ch 1 that show it is alt of Emma (not friend)

Emma, has some stats but terrible attributes, seemed interested in most expensive items (english was quite decent)

Elina, low teens a/d, no other levels to speak off

Test99, from the ranking a/d cant be much more than about 10/10, only ever seen him harvest in PL (fruit to tavern) -> slaving away and not responding to me when I talked to him.

Fabrice, has not been played recently, low a/d, cant tell the rest

What I find surprising is that several of these chars bothered to hide their noobish stats with Gossip, now why would an a/d ten-isch char bother with that?

So which char(s) ever actually played the game and needed some nice stuff?

Mixi