Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dilly

EL Urban Legends

I've heard from a multitude of sources, it does not matter how many are doing it, the chances for make rare, find rare and rare drops do not change based on the people also doing the same thing. The chances stay the same for each person.

which would also confirm the idea that only a single test is made vs a single outcome occuring, regardless of the number of people doing that same thing simultaneously, then.

if it was per person, it would not be the same chance per person, as the formula for calculation of the test would have to take into account the volume of people doing that task in order to prevent an increase on the probability of a positive outcome, and vice versa for smaller volumes of people decreasing said probability overall.

it stands to reason that 200 people all mixing fe's would bring a much greater volume of efe into the game if checks per person were applied, than if a single check was done on any given second to see if one out of 200 people was "lucky". Since the efe rate we actually KNOW ingame is omgzorz-rare, it is more likely to be the single test method than the per person method, no?

infinite monkeys need not apply.

I strongly believe that every action for every player - be it a round of a fight, item mix, harvest etc - a individual message is sent to the server, is processed and an reply comes back be it success / failure / breakage / efe etc.

I would find it very very strange if all the similar messages within one 'time slot' all get the same 'chance roll' - as each outcome is affected by astro / armor / nmt / arti etc. Given that the above happens - it is a logical extension to have another roll to determine the drop of the mob. (I believe that the drop is not known until the kill). In the case of drops - I would guess at least 3 rolls - 1 for the amount of gc between min-max, 1 for the chance of a special drop, and 1 for the chance of a very special drop. How else would you get the chance of 2 rare drops in 1 bag?

However, quite rightly we do not know this. There may be a throttle - such that no X can be dropped if one was dropped in the last X minutes.

That's the joy of EL :)

"Each character has a different 'luck'... some of they have bigger chance the find rare stones, others bigger chance to make rare; so if you find the use for each char, you could have alts for make max your luck" (derived from the Past Quest)

Random number generators are not really working like that. I doubt Radu set the random seed with the current time each time he needs a random number... :)

Ummm... yeah, looked it up in the manpages. Seems i was misinformed there. Sorry.

Anyway, i feel like this discussion has taken over the thread. Its topic is still urban legends of EL though.

So could a forum mod maybe select all the posts about random number generation and move them to a new thread?

(Dunno if this even can be done, but would increase clarity tremendously)

Urban Legend:

@@6 Is a mod online that could help me?

is more effective than

#help_me Hi, can someone assist me in something something something?

Mix one fails less than mix all.

I think that can be argued to be statistically correct, especially if your level is not very high compared to the recommended lvl for the item you're mixing.

I Heard a rumor that it is possible to find Nexus removal stones while harvesting.

I dont buy it though

Glad you added that at the end, you wouldn't want your post deleting for being here instead of market section, would you?

ON TOPIC:

Titanium Axes can break BroD weapons in one hit.

This is actually true...? :P

I Heard a rumor that it is possible to find Nexus removal stones while harvesting.

I dont buy it though

They are easier to find if you harvest on PK-maps. :devlish:

I dont buy it though

They are easier to find if you harvest on PK-maps. :devlish:

Best for this is supposed to be Tahraji Desert, but you have to wear NMT, RDHoLaM and some magic sword to make it work properly :devlish:

if it was per person, it would not be the same chance per person, as the formula for calculation of the test would have to take into account the volume of people doing that task in order to prevent an increase on the probability of a positive outcome, and vice versa for smaller volumes of people decreasing said probability overall.

It dosnt matter how many who make FE - its still the same chance of making an EFE.

To prevent an abundance of a certain item radu changes the chance of an item being made if there already are too many in the game.

The best way to increase the rate of making an EFE from an FE is to use up all EFE in the game then radu will make the chance to make an EFE higher.

Its well known that sometimes the rate of getting a EFE has been 0.

Ob Urban legend - TD and Hulda sto.

Edited by Silvatica

- snip -

It dosnt matter how many who make FE - its still the same chance of making an EFE.

To prevent an abundance of a certain item radu changes the chance of an item being made if there already are too many in the game.

The best way to increase the rate of making an EFE from an FE is to use up all EFE in the game then radu will make the chance to make an EFE higher.

Its well known that sometimes the rate of getting a EFE has been 0.

I was anticipating you bringing this up...so..to my knowledge Radu has only ever been known to answer the question "what is my chances of mixing an EFE" with answers that are along the lines of "the chances of mixing an EFE are X in XXXXX"...that LOOKS like he's not saying each player has that chance, he's saying X in XXXXX amount of fe mixed ingame has that chance. No?

Yes, each player IS a part of that equation but it isnt based soley ON each player, if you see what i mean?

We still have a chance of mixing an EFE but it is a completely different view of what we THINK radu means when he gives out the percentage info's...he might not be quoting figures that are unique to a single players perspective, rather to the perspective of the chances to produce odds based on server wide calculations. WE ALL just prefer to bring it down to our own perspective and prospects of getting lucky because we're biased to our own chances.

AND NOW, for the topic:

If all the players on Seridia hit their Jump emote at the same time simultaneously, it triggers harvest cave-ins on the players in Irillion. Strange but true.

I was anticipating you bringing this up...so..to my knowledge Radu has only ever been known to answer the question "what is my chances of mixing an EFE" with answers that are along the lines of "the chances of mixing an EFE are X in XXXXX"...that LOOKS like he's not saying each player has that chance, he's saying X in XXXXX amount of fe mixed ingame has that chance. No?

Yes, each player IS a part of that equation but it isnt based soley ON each player, if you see what i mean?

We still have a chance of mixing an EFE but it is a completely different view of what we THINK radu means when he gives out the percentage info's...he might not be quoting figures that are unique to a single players perspective, rather to the perspective of the chances to produce odds based on server wide calculations. WE ALL just prefer to bring it down to our own perspective and prospects of getting lucky because we're biased to our own chances.

I wonder why random is always so hard to define or understand. If radu says the chance is 1 in 10k(which i know it used to be a long time ago), it means the chance is absolutely 1/10k every time you or me or anyone else makes an FE no matter if you just made 2 EFEs in a row(I've done that too) or noone has made an EFE that day. I think you got that right but the I think the explanation was quite complex :(

I wonder why random is always so hard to define or understand. If radu says the chance is 1 in 10k(which i know it used to be a long time ago), it means the chance is absolutely 1/10k every time you or me or anyone else makes an FE no matter if you just made 2 EFEs in a row(I've done that too) or noone has made an EFE that day. I think you got that right but the I think the explanation was quite complex :(

Either way, it would actually be a good idea for chance to make an EFE dependent on the total number of EFEs ingame. The server could auto adjust the chance every time someone successfully makes an EFE. They way, the number of EFEs ingame stays regulated.

Edited by hussam

Either way, it would actually be a good idea for chance to make an EFE dependent on the total number of EFEs ingame.

Which means as more people quit EL leaving stuff in permanent storage the total number of EFEs circulating and being used would slowly decrease.

Either way, it would actually be a good idea for chance to make an EFE dependent on the total number of EFEs ingame.

Which means as more people quit EL leaving stuff in permanent storage the total number of EFEs circulating and being used would slowly decrease.

Ah, right. I didn't think of that, sorry :)

Edited by hussam

Ah, right. I didn't think of that, sorry :)

Especially, being how I left 3 years ago, I had 8 EFEs and 6 Enrichment stones in storage. Which means, I probably didn't help the EFE creating economy, lol. Much rarer now.

Edited by Lexi

It was TD sto, and it was an inside joke that me a few mates started, not really an urban legend.. other jaja's just added on the hulda etc bits.

I was told once that wearing moon/star/sun meds while harvesting increases your chances of finding rare stones.

And I also heard that people find more rare stones in a certain ore cave but more picks are lost there too.

And is it Urban Legend that there's another route to c2 besides continental teleport, c2 rings and the ferry?

I was told once that wearing moon/star/sun meds while harvesting increases your chances of finding rare stones.

In actual fact, just a moon med can be used, although its real basis for being worn was originally to lower the effects of cavern wall damage (since an armour rating item that is equipped does just that), not increase chance to find stone, so that's that one cleared up. Some people actually use augs to not only lower cavern wall damage (armour rating) but also radon damage too.

And I also heard that people find more rare stones in a certain ore cave but more picks are lost there too.

I havent heard this one BUT if I had to hazard a guess as to which exact cave this, I'd lay good gc on it being in portland titanium mines.

And is it Urban Legend that there's another route to c2 besides continental teleport, c2 rings and the ferry?

It might be, but it is also very true. However, you will have to find it out for yourself.