Eternal Lands Official Forums
Dilly

EL Urban Legends

One of the funniest urban legends in EL, in my opinion:

While training fluffies, make sure to wear a Medallion of Life and a Fur cloak, and face north east to increase your chance to get an NMT drop.

(real story probably is that, if you chose to wear a MoL while training fluffs, if you wear a fur cloak, the cloak is more likely the one to be the first to break if something does, but thanks Markusweck for giving us giggles for all these years)

Do you know any others?

Decreased rare manu day is supposedly meant to INCREASE chances to produce enriched ess, in spite of the #day description.

No, really?

Do me a lemon.

If your Dexterity or Reaction are an odd number, you're no stronger in combat than if it was the even number before.

Here's one you're going to love too:

It's possible, if you're omg-wtf-incredibly lucky, on a normal day, to die in an invasion without losing a rostogol stone from your inventory.

Insane isnt it?

how about:

gnomes walk faster than other races

and

wearing FR cape and harvestmedallion prevents your vial molds and alembics from breaking

I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of spreading this one at one point or another..it's the old "X marks teh spot" one:

Harvest from THIS ore/coal/sulf will increase your chance of getting a stone...no not THAT one, click THIS one.

Other variants are:

Harvest from THIS map, there is more chance in here for stones than in <insert random map name here> map.

:rolleyes:

Edit: For Sweetthang: MY spot!!!!

Edited by Pyewacket

I think this one has pretty much been dispelled by now, but remember when it was a big deal to sell and buy freshly mixed armor because is supposedly would last longer than "used" armor which would be closer to breaking?

As yet, unsure if this is urban legend or not:

Lenny can access c2 guild maps, bypass guild key secrets and kill ppl inside.

The arguement goes that guardbots do not recognise non-player actors as invading a guildmap so lenny gets by freely and can wreak havoc.

Wow, I really laughed at some of these. Really nice topic Dilly!

remember when it was a big deal to sell and buy freshly mixed armor because is supposedly would last longer than "used" armor which would be closer to breaking

At least it's rational :rolleyes:

i used to post ''used armors for sale'' on market channel and sell them a little cheaper until tthanlil ( might have spelt it wrong but someone might remember him ;) ) pointed out it didnt matter if id worn it a hundred times, it was still new :pickaxe:

the only EL myth i ever believed was that Elves grew up to become Draegonis, but that was my own little myth when i first started playing

i used to post ''used armors for sale'' on market channel and sell them a little cheaper until tthanlil ( might have spelt it wrong but someone might remember him ;) ) pointed out it didnt matter if id worn it a hundred times, it was still new :pickaxe:

the only EL myth i ever believed was that Elves grew up to become Draegonis, but that was my own little myth when i first started playing

It was ttlanhil, iirc.

And here is my favourite myth: that high-level monsters can drop NMTs.

What do you mean, "they really can"? B)

Edited by Usl

You get better drops from Trolls in Carmien Manor if you fight them on top of a stool

Just wondering where we draw the line between actual stuff we've heard and stuff that's made up for this thread... ;)

shishio: i can last for 1min+ fighting a bot

@gnomes, it's true ;o

phfft I heard a better one from him :D

shishio: I killed 17 giants and 11 bulgi all by myself in a bethel invasion, without ranging/mines..

Lololol, funny guy :pickaxe:

You get better drops from Trolls in Carmien Manor if you fight them on top of a stool

Untrue, I can verify that in fact the pr0 drops come if both you and troll are fighting on the long benches.

Coming up to the 40k mark on my counters tomorrow btw, in case there's any doubts about my research into this one...

Here's a new one:

Rapier of Death, mixed with radioactive rapier ings(minus the normal rapier part, obviously) gives a rad RoD. Bet that would hurt in pk...

"Mods have a safe way to reach the hydro cave."

"There is a spawn of Giant in a non-pk map." (really?)

"Fail astro affects the chances of get poissoned by toadies."

"Make rare astro affects the chances of get rare stones."

"Breakage astro affects the number of pickaxes/gloves broken while harvesting."

***You probably didn't hear about the last 3 coz everyone is like "omfg skeptik is FTW!!!1"

"Fail astro affects the chances of get poissoned by toadies."

"Make rare astro affects the chances of get rare stones."

"Breakage astro affects the number of pickaxes/gloves broken while harvesting."

***You probably didn't hear about the last 3 coz everyone is like "omfg skeptik is FTW!!!1"

I actually remember these rumors when Astro first came out :P

I always assumed astro changes the chance to get food poisoned by toadstools. It sure seems that way.

Toadstools are supposed to carry a 5% chance to cause poisoning. I've been poisoned by them 4 times in a row many times. If my math is correct, .05*.05*.05*.05 = .00000625, or a 1/16,000 chance to get food poisoned 4 times in a row. That seems unlikely unless something changes the probability to get poisoned by toadstools. Anyone out there who is good at math care to correct me?

I was always wondering if getting poisoned once affects the chance of getting poisoned by the next toad...

but I don't think so.

what Slim says seems true to me,but how many toadstools have you eaten in your whole EL existence? I guess more than 16k...

so why shouldn't that occur once every now and then?